Application: Want to be Forum Moderator

Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Application: Want to be Forum Moderator
# 1  
Old 02-09-2012
Lightbulb Application: Want to be Forum Moderator

Hello Admin/Mods,

I am not sure, if this is the right way to apply, but out of passion, I will go ahead with tje request Smilie

I want to apply for the role of the Forum Moderator (specially for Shell Programming and Scripting ). I believe I can and will be able to handle the forums and guide users around in right direction.

So dear Admin/Mods, can I apply for the role of Moderator with you guys and be a part of such a wonderful team?

Regards,
Eon.
# 2  
Old 02-09-2012
Dear Eon,

Thank you for the kind words and your passion to be a moderator. Let me describe our current process.
  • First, forum moderators are selected from a group of forum advisers based on continual evaluation process by other moderators.
  • Second, forum advisers are selected in a similar manner: when a member has reached a minimal number of posts they are eligible to become a forum adviser, and are selected by a continual voting/evaluation process by the mod team; based mostly on a mods impressions of the posting style and quality of the poster.
  • Third, Scott just completed a major revamping of this process, and hopefully he will reply and fill in any gaps and clarify my description above.
Basically, my advice is to keep posting and do a great job (as you have been) and the path to a forum moderator is a natural process which takes some time.

Other mods may have other ideas for you as well.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:
# 3  
Old 02-10-2012
Hello Eon.

We are always looking for people with passion!

But there is no possibility to become a forum moderator without first becoming a forum "adviser". And that process happens exactly as Neo described it. The new process is merely an aid for our current moderation team to expediate the process.

Your best option is to continue posting, and adding value, as you have been doing. This value does not go unnoticed.

And, of course, other mods may have other ideas for you as well Smilie

Regards.
This User Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Mobile: Advanced Forum Statistics to Forum Home Page

For mobile users, I have just added a "first beta" Advanced Forum Statistics to the home page on mobile using CSS overflow:auto; so you can swipe if you need to see more. Google Search Console mobile usability says this page is "mobile friendly" so perhaps this will be useful for some of our... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
12 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Update: Disabled Home Page Forum Statistics for Guests (Not Registered)

Just a quick update; to speed up the forums, I have disabled the forum statistics on the home page for non registered users. No changes for registered users. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Download Forum Application

Can I download a copy of this forum application for my use on a separate server? If so, please give instructions or download link. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bradm
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question