File system damaged

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File system damaged
# 1  
Old 04-05-2004
Data File system damaged

Dear All

One partition with HTFS File system on SCO UNix 5.0.5 has got damaged and its not getting mounted. While running FSCK, getting "phase 0 error on reply.log" . Is there any other way to repair a damaged file system and to mount the same. Please help...
# 2  
Old 04-12-2004
I am an HPUX admin not SCO, so I will offer this advice...

Either use google or go to a SCO site and look up that error... My guess is that if you cant get fsck to work you will have a bad disk.

Generally if you can't do a full fsck your disk is bad. check to see if there is a way to force the filesystem to mount so you can save what data is there to get.

good luck!

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

How to start Fedora 11 in command line mode and skip damaged programs ??

Hi All, Please let me know that how to start Fedora 11 in command line mode and skip damaged programs ?? Scenario being: I have Fedora 11 ( pretty ole... eh !! ). If I try to start the PC , then after some steps of startup... it just hangs and does not boots. I tried entering the mode... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipanchandra
4 Replies

2. Linux

Binary files damaged after attack on the server

Hello, a few days ago (June 19) a server that I manage has suffered an attack. Analyzing the log I discovered that there were several attempts to access a web scanner called w00tw00t.at.ISC.SANS.DFind I set the firewall to prevent further visits from this scanner. The problem is that the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: viessenetwork
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with damaged hard drive during bootup

Hello, I have a problem with the hard drive connected to my setup. When I connect the HDD which is damaged, and try to bring up my system, I get some error messages continuously on my console saying ata2.01: exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x0 action 0x0 frozen ata2.01: failed command:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai2krishna
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX file system to Linux file system migration

We would be migrating UNIX file system to Linux file system. We do have many directory and sub directories with files. after migrating unix to linux file system , i want to make sure all the files has been copied ? What would be the best approach to validate directory ,sub-directory and file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajikalai
1 Replies

5. Linux

Linux Library symbolic link damaged

Hi, firstly I am not so familiar with linux and i think i have done some damage to the red hat server. It seems that now in command line I am unable to use any basic command whatsoever (ls, move, cp, bash, etc). I was trying to deploy an application and have changed the symbolic link (soft... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zaxx
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Damaged root directory ..

With the cpio command of a Unix File System for error I have replaced the directory “.. “ (when you give the command “ls -la” under root you see at the beginning the hidden directory “. “ followed by a hidden file who is called “..” ) I have the copy on a cartridge of the whole file system, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SISQUEZ
3 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How do I check 4 physical damaged on Linux hard disks?

How do I check for physical damage on red hat linux hard disks? I tried smartctl /dev/sdb but it came back so fast saying it was ok. Is there a better linux command to check for bad sectors or physical disks in linux? Is there a good way such as with parted or something else? I normally in HP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: taekwondo
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a file system of a remote machine to local file system

Hi friends, In my case, there are serveral PCs running Linux in a LAN. I would like to to mount the directory /A_river of machine-A to the file system of another machine machine-B so that I can access files in that directory. I do not know how to do this. The situation is complicated by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
2 Replies

9. Solaris

System damaged need help please

Hi there, i have sun solaris 10 running on X86 system P4 box with ATA harddisk, anyway suddenly its started to try to login to the maintenance mode asking for the root password when i give it its mount the partitions as read only but when i try to run fsck on them i got this error: can't stat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HDD damaged, help me to recover data

I can't mount root partition. I can boot GRUB but when root partition mounting step the screen show me message: init not found. I don't want to recover linux OS, I only want to recover /root/*.* files In windows OS I use Easy Recovery but I don't know software which recover data in linux OS.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: littleghost
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question