difference between firewals and vpns

Special Forums IP Networking difference between firewals and vpns
# 1  
Old 04-01-2008
difference between firewals and vpns

i am confused with firewalls and vpns(virtual private netwoks)
can anyone clarify it and let me know is there any document or book to read
bye
# 2  
Old 04-02-2008
There are excellent articles in Wikipedia : Firewall and VPN
# 3  
Old 04-14-2008
Have you tried Google?

difference between firewals and vpns - Google Search

This query returns 47,800 hits.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to calculate difference of split and sum the difference

In the awk I am trying to subtract the difference $3-$2 of each matching $4 before the first _ (underscore) and print that value in $13. I think the awk will do that, but added comments. What I am not sure off is how to add a line or lines that will add sum each matching $13 value and put it in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the difference between the two?

Heyas I'm reworking tui-dd atm, and having a similar issue with a 'weird formated tempfile'. I've already applied what seemed to help from: https://www.unix.com/unix-for-dummies-questions-and-answers/261156-awk-should-work-shouldnt-2.html However, it is weird... The mini-dd works as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Does cisco 1921 router support site to site VPNs using IPSec?

Q: "Does Cisco 1921 router support,, act as an endpoint for, site to site VPNs using IPSec? If so, how many? " A: If you get the Cisco 1921/k9 with the security services bundle then it will have built in security features. Cisco, typically includes IP Sec tunnels I believe as part of that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies

4. Programming

what is the main difference between difference between using nonatomic lseek and O_APPEND

I think both write at the end of the file ...... but is there a sharp difference between those 2 instruction ..... thank you this is my 3rd question today forgive me :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between ' and ` ...?

Hi! I just scored 82 on my first unixacademy exam (passed!!!) but there was a question I really can't figure out. I can't google it... well it doesn't come back with anything useful anyway... In short: what the difference between ' and ` ?!?! I even wasn't aware of ` ;) before... I'm not a lazy... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danscavo
1 Replies

6. Programming

while and if, what is the difference?

Hi, I am learning C++ and I have the following code: //Tokenizing program: pointer version. #include <iostream> #include <cstdio> using namespace std; int main() { char str; char token; char *p, *q; cout << "Enter a sentence: "; gets(str); p=str; //read a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference?

Hi what is the difference between following: if then //some code fi AND if test then //some code fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What's the Difference Between / and //?

Many times over the years, I've noticed that if I accidentally type 'cd //', my bash prompt will display that I am in // instead of /. If I do an ls command, it looks just like I'm in /. So this morning I decided to try and do 'cd ///' all the way up to a full 'cd //////'. None of those attempts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deckard
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP files between VPNs

Hi I have a 60 MB file which I periodically need to move from 1 server to another, however both the machines are on different networks and require different VPN access. So right now, I ftp the file locally from one, then switch VPN and ftp it back up. The whole process is easy 1.5 hrs. Is there a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aannuujj
1 Replies

10. Linux

what is the difference between -h and -H ?

samba:/home/backup # df -h /home/ Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sdb2 34G 8.6G 26G 26% /home samba:/home/backup # df -H /home/ Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sdb2 37GB 9.2GB 28GB 26% /home what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cw1972
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question