General Framework For C

Top Forums Programming General Framework For C
# 1  
Old 11-10-2010
General Framework For C

Hi guys.

Is there any General Framework for C like other languages?Smilie
for example .Net or ... . I googled but i didn't find anything useful.
# 2  
Old 11-10-2010
You mean other than the C standard library? Well, on POSIX systems you have the POSIX library in addition to that. Then it depends on what you want to do - there are loads of libraries out there for different tasks, if you can't find one that provides a specific functionality you need, then just ask.
This User Gave Thanks to JohnGraham For This Post:
# 3  
Old 11-10-2010
I want an alternative for .Net remoting?
# 4  
Old 11-10-2010
Sure, distributed computing started on Unix systems. For example see this DCE for some background on any early framework. The range of environments goes from single image clusters to loosely coupled systems using CORBA, RPC or MQ.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?
# 5  
Old 11-10-2010
I want to send a piece of C code to another machine and remote one run that code and return result like .Net remoting. I mean it is not RPC. there is no code on the remote computer i will send the code and get result.
# 6  
Old 11-10-2010
Not impossible, if you've ever heard of the Morrison worm but in general, I think, not a good idea. C is a high-low-level language making sending its own program to a host of unknown architecture and facilities difficult. If it's sending compiled code, it may only work on closely related machines and architectures, and if it's not, it'll only work on sufficiently portable machines that also have the facilities to compile it.

Remote scripting on the other hand is straightforward.
Code:
ssh user@host exec /bin/ksh < shellscript.ksh

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If statements/general help

Dear Unix community over the last couple of days I have been working on learning Unix scripting on iOS using terminal on a jail-broken device... I am having trouble with if statements and giving the user a y or n choice that do different things when entered. The following is my code so far...... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbf123
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk (?) help or just general script

I have two files (___ represents blanks) Foo1 1000 345 456 1001 876 908 1002 ___ 786 1003 643 908 1004 345 234 and Foo2 1000 345 1001 876 1002 111 1003 643 1004 345 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethsays
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

General UNIX Query

Hi all, I am having putty in my system.But I dont have access to any UNIX Servers.Is there any default or common UNIX Server so that anyone can access and be familiar with UNIX and Shell scripting. I want to work and practice in UNIX..Thats why I am asking this question. Kindly give me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave_nithis
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

system general information

hi I am new to this forum. hope to get help from u all. how can i write these by using shell programming? 1. The name of the machine and the date/time at which the report was produced. 2. Licensing information such as the operating system revision level and license restrictions in terms of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokia1100
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

General Query

Hi all My job is to bootup the servers (1 sun solaris 5.8, 3 sco (release 5) and 1 windows 2000), taking backup of the servers and shut down. Apart from this, there are nearly 150 users for our oracle9i database (forms 3 and d2k as front end). As for as oracle 9i is concerned my job is to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

general question?

Perl, Python, and PHP are these languages easy to use? Are they command line or are they part of a GUI? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

General Question

Hi, I've been racking my brains trying to remember, but, whats the command to change the default shell? I'm currently always in the Korn shell and I want to start out in the Bash shell. I'm running a variant of BSD I guess in Mac OS X 10.2.2 and Mandrake. Thanks. ccindyderek:confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccindyderek
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

General Proxy Question

This is quite a general question: I am trying to detect whether people accessing my network are using a proxy server. This is *not* to ensure that web pages are not cached! The only way that I can think of doing this is to intercept at packet level and examine the source port for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam_pointer
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question