User of the file OR Logger of the file. ?

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users User of the file OR Logger of the file. ?
# 1  
Old 08-31-2007
User of the file OR Logger of the file. ?

How could I get the name of user of a file in a file path ?
OR
Who i accessing the particular file in a file path ?

Any Idea ??

Please help !!
Thanks Smilie
# 2  
Old 08-31-2007
istat , Give me solution !!

I got the command :
istat filename

But
i want to know, who has accessed the file last time.
As istat shows the name of owner of that file and name of the group.

istat does lots of my work but i want to know who has accessed my file last time as there could be 'n' no. of users of that file in a group.

Hope you got this !!
Please help me, ASAP !! Smilie

Thnaks !!
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to search file based off user input then create new file

In the below bash a file is downloaded when the program is opened and then that file is searched based on user input and the result is written to a new file. For example, the bash is opened and the download.txt is downloaded, the user then enters the id (NA04520). The id is used to search... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to scp File from root user in one server to say crt user in another server and avoid password?

Can someone help in writing some script through which I can transfer file (scp) from root user in abc server to crt user in hfg server and can give the crt user password in script itself so that it doesn't prompt me every time for password (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moon1234
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing file permissions of a file created by another user

Hi, I have used expdp for datapump. The .dmp file is created by the "oracle" user. my requirement is to make a zipped file of this .dmp file. What i am trying to do is change the permissions of this .dmp file from 0640 to 0644 and then do a gzip and zip it. Is there any way i can change... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwertyu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Asking user for input file location using a .sh file in windows system

Hi all, I am creating a .sh file in windows environment using notepad. i need a code which i can write in this .sh file so that it asks me for an input file stored anywhere in my C drive of my windows computer. Please help me out with this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bansalpankaj88
1 Replies

5. AIX

User attributes not update in user file

Hi Admins, I am running IAX 5.3 I have created a user with attributes maxage et. The user entry i can see in /etc/security/user file with only one attribute admin=false. how to update the user attributes like maxage etc. Regards Pavan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newaix
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a scripts to kill idle user for 60 min. & email user list to admin in text file

Folks, I have written one script for following condition by referring some of online post in this forum. Please correct it if I'm missing something in it. (OS: AIX 5.3) List the idle user. (I used whoidle command to list first 15 user and get username, idle time, pid and login time).... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit30
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting an scim .bin.user file to a stardict tab file possible with awk?

Hi all, Here is a scim sample.bin.user file a string1 0 a string2 0 a string3 63 b string4 126 c string5 315 d string6 0 e string7 63 e string8 126 f string9 0 I like to convert this into a dict.tab file to be compiled by the ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk008
4 Replies

8. Solaris

logger + filter

Hi, I have an application log file and I am redirecting it to syslog ...| logger -p user.err Howver, the size redirected is too arge and I am seeking a way to filter what to redirect to syslog. any mean to do this, knowing that I do not want to decrease the log level of the app? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Q on <user> of syslog message generated by logger command

Generally(at least on AIX5.3, Solaris9, OS X)'logger' command would create syslog messages which carry <login name> . On Solaris9, I have experienced two circumstances in which 'logname' command fails. In this circumstance I saw the 'logger' command generated syslog messages which carry... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: masaki
0 Replies

10. Programming

Key logger

I want to program my own key logger to register every key pushed on my system... could i record clicks? Well, my question in fact is not one at all... because i dont have a starting point. I'll appreciate your bases :(. ty. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jariya
5 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question