Maya 5.0 Error - There Is No Server On 4444

Operating Systems Linux Maya 5.0 Error - There Is No Server On 4444
# 1  
Old 01-21-2005
Data Maya 5.0 Error - There Is No Server On 4444

When I try to open Help Index it teels, that it is impossible to connect with localhost:4444

in /etc/services I have found:
Quote:
Originally Posted by /etc/services
krb524 4444/tcp # Kerberos 5 to 4 ticket xlator
krb524 4444/udp # Kerberos 5 to 4 ticket xlator
Do I have to install any special servers to see maya's help?

In /usr/aw there is nothing like "krb524"
# 2  
Old 01-21-2005
In /usr/aw there is nothing like "krb524"
Look in your post, where you quoted the output from /etc/services. Notice that the service is "Kerberos 5 to 4 ticket," this is where the krb524 description comes from.

Did you look on the website for information about location of the help file? I found a downloadable Maya HELP FAQ pdf on the link below.

http://www.alias.com/eng/support/may...lp/index.jhtml
# 3  
Old 01-22-2005
Quote:
Did you look on the website for information about location of the help file? I found a downloadable Maya HELP FAQ pdf on the link below.
there is nothing usefull in it
# 4  
Old 01-22-2005
Have you tried using the system tools for finding any related Maya files?
Man maya
locate maya
find / -name maya
whereis maya
# 5  
Old 01-29-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by locustfurnace
Have you tried using the system tools for finding any related Maya files?
Man maya
locate maya
find / -name maya
whereis maya
Smilie

there will be too much out

Any way I tried to find "krb" and there are no files like that
# 6  
Old 01-29-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by _eugrus
Any way I tried to find "krb" and there are no files like that
There does not have to be anything on your system called 'krb.' The /etc/services file listed those registered, reserved, and private services which run on assigned ports.
Its just a listing, it does not mean everything in that list will be running on your system.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Agent Server Error

Hi All, Recently we got swapped IP between two server. Server A IP is xxxx and while Server B IP is yyyy. After swap IP the situation should be like this Server A IP is yyyy while Server B IP is xxxx. We use /etc/hosts to swap the IP an restart the both server at same time. Found abnormal error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script Not working (calculate days since 1/1/2000 given day 4444)

I am unable to get this KSH script to work. Can someone help. I've been told this should work with KSH93. Which I think I have on Solaris 10. If I do a grep -i version /usr/dt/bin/dtksh I get @(#)Version M-12/28/93d @(#)Version 12/28/93 @(#)Version M-12/28/93 This is correct for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibodc
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Error while login into the server

Hello, Whenever i login into one of my solaris machine i get below message, Usage: basename ] if: Expression syntax Profile or environment of my user is not properly getting loaded. Can somebody help why this is coming and solution to it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varunksharma87
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Soap Server error

Hi all jobs on a particular autosys box are failing with the below error. Any ideas Start Login Preparing to Submit Job...... Error Submitting Report Again Soap Server error. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sophos
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VSI-FAX error - Cannot login to server and Connecto error to host

I encounters a VSIFAX related error: vfxstat: Cannot login to server on rsac3: Connect error to host 172.16.1.45: Invalid argument It started happening last night with a core dump. Then we can't start VSIFAX again. I am runing VSI-FAX 4.2 on AIX box (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_jin
0 Replies

6. SCO

server went down again got error now

Hi same as last week i came in this morning and the server could not be pinged etc. but the server was on. I looked in the osmlog file and it had the following: WARNING: (adsb,1) Adaptec PCI SCSI: Illegal Sector Size (00000000) WARNING: (adsb,1) Adaptec PCI SCSI: Illegal Sector Size... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tjsingh
1 Replies

7. Solaris

NFS write failed for server.....error 11 (RPC: Server can't decode arguments)

Hello! I have a Linux nfs server (called server100 below) with a export nfs. My problem is that the Solaris client (called client100 below) doesn't seems to like it. In the Solaris syslog I got following messages (and after a while the solaris client behave liked its hanged/to buzy). Also see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sap4ever
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question