Batch downloading images from a site.

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Batch downloading images from a site.
# 1  
Old 04-05-2012
Batch downloading images from a site.

So there is a forum thread (with 100+ pages)where people have posted images, which on a 3rd party site like imgur or imageshack. I'm trying to download all those images.

I tried
Code:
wget -r -l1 --no-parent -nH -nd -P/tmp -A".gif,.jpg" LINK

but this doesn't download it.

Does anything know a script or a command line command that will get those?

Thank you so much!

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Video tutorial on how to use code tags in The UNIX and Linux Forums.

Last edited by radoulov; 04-05-2012 at 02:25 PM..
# 2  
Old 04-05-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howkisl
but this doesn't download it.
Please provide more detail. Do you receive an error message? Are some files transferred or none? Any other relevant information?
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to find/sort/move images/duplicate images from USB drive

Ultimately, I'm looking to create a script that allows me to plug in a usb drive with lots of jpegs on it & copy them over to a folder on my hard drive. So in the process of copying I am looking to hash check them, record dupes to a file, copy only 1 of the identical files (if it doesn't exsist... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JonaQuinn
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

IPSec Openswan Site to Site VPN - Big Pain

Hi @all, I try to connect 2 LANs with IPSec/Openswan LAN 1: 192.168.0.0/24 LAN 2: 192.168.1.0/24 This is my Config: conn HomeVPN # # Left security gateway, subnet behind it, nexthop toward right. left=192.168.1.29 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bahnhasser83
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Does cisco 1921 router support site to site VPNs using IPSec?

Q: "Does Cisco 1921 router support,, act as an endpoint for, site to site VPNs using IPSec? If so, how many? " A: If you get the Cisco 1921/k9 with the security services bundle then it will have built in security features. Cisco, typically includes IP Sec tunnels I believe as part of that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

How to establish site to site vpn - Linux machine and cisco asa?

Hi, I am trying to establish vpn between my linux server and cisco asa at client side. I installed openswan on my cent os. Linux Server eth0 - 182.2.29.10 Gateway - 182.2.29.1 eth1 - 192.9.200.75 I have simple IPtables Like WAN="eth0" LAN="eth1" (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Downloading one day old files from FTP site

HI, I'm downloading one day old files from ftp site. Below is my script ---------------------------- printf "open $HOST \n" > ftp.cmd printf "user $USER $PASSWD\n" >> ftp.cmd printf "bin\n" >> ftp.cmd #printf "cd /Models/\n" >> ftp.cmd printf "prompt\n" >> ftp.cmd printf "for oldfile... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_v4
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

port access to site to site VPN

Setup a site to site VPN between two cisco routers. One of the site locations is unable to access ports such as https://example.com:9001 How do I let them go into port 9001? They can ssh, ftp, telnet and everything else. Is this a VPN issue or ACL access issue? I put permit ip host... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Downloading Unix..

I am not sure, yet i want to learn.. therefor .. I want to put some Unix on my machine.. Unix 03, nut i have heard its not free and not open source.. please advise me on what to do.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary_w0lf
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Downloading

Kindly help us... Is there a way in linux how we'll be able to check which workstation is downloading files from the internet and what file is it? Please put into consideration that our linux has a firewall. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eric_hing
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question