Extracting files with multiple links-perl

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Extracting files with multiple links-perl
# 1  
Old 12-03-2009
Extracting files with multiple links-perl

i want to write a perl script that gets/displays all those files having multiple links (in current directory)
# 2  
Old 12-03-2009
hi guptesanket
cant you do it with awk
#!/usr/bin/awk -f
$2>2{print $8}
# 3  
Old 12-03-2009
I know it with awk ! But I want to do it with perl. I know the logic, that I have to check if the link column is greater than 2, then i have to display it.. but i dont know how to do it with perl.
How to get the link column.. in perl ?
# 4  
Old 12-03-2009
hello
then take it with perl --->
#perl -wln -e 'split(/\s+/);print $_[7] if $_[1]>1;'
# 5  
Old 12-03-2009
Ow.. You are good.. Thanks a lot man.. That helped !
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific files from multiple .tgz files

Hey, I have number of .tgz files and want to extract the file with the ending *results.txt from each one. I have tried for file in *.tgz; do tar --wildcards -zxf $file *results.txt; doneas well as list=$(ls *.tgz) for i in $list; do tar --wildcards -zxvf $i *.results.txt; done... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jfern
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting non multiple files via script

Hi, Can somebody help me? I am testing a demo with the given function PATH525="/uscms/home/emily/READme/extra/data/" TEMP=temp FileName=DataFileName CopyFiles() { # PATHNAME="$paths" ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting lines based on identifiers into multiple files respectively

consider the following is the contents of the file cat 11.sql drop procedure if exists hoop1 ; Delimiter $$ CREATE PROCEDURE hoop1(id int) BEGIN END $$ Delimiter ; . . . . drop procedure if exists hoop2; Delimiter $$ CREATE PROCEDURE hoop2(id int) BEGIN END $$ (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting information from multiple files

Hello there, I am trying to extract (string) information ( a list words) from 4 files and then put the results into 1 file. Currently I am doing this using grep -f list.txt file1 . and repeat the process for the other 3 files. The reasons i am doing that (a) I do know how to code (b) each file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: houkto
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting/condensing text from multiple files to multiples files

Hi Everyone, I'm really new to all this so I'm really hoping someone can help. I have a directory with ~1000 lists from which I want to extract lines from and write to new files. For simplicity lets say they are shopping lists and I want to write out the lines corresponding to apples to a new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: born2phase
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I create symbolic links for multiple files simultaneously

Does anybody know how to make symbolic links for multiple files simultaneously? Often times I need make symbolic links for multiple files with some common pattern (just like "*.jpg"). Is there a way to avoid making symbolic link for each of them one by one... Thank you! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: danieladna
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding and Extracting uniq data in multiple files

Hi, I have several files that look like this: File1.txt Data1 Data2 Data20 File2.txt Data1 Data5 Data10 File3.txt Data1 Data2 Data17 File4.txt (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fahmida
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting columns from multiple files with awk

hi everyone! I'd like to extract a single column from 5 different files and put them together in an output file. I saw a similar question for 2 input files, and the line of code workd very well, the code is: awk 'NR==FNR{a=$2; next} {print a, $2}' file1 file2 I added the file3, file4 and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: orcaja
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting columns from multiple files with awk

hi everyone! I already posted it in scripts, I'm sorry, it's doubled I'd like to extract a single column from 5 different files and put them together in an output file. I saw a similar question for 2 input files, and the line of code workd very well, the code is: awk 'NR==FNR{a=$2; next}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orcaja
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in extracting multiple files and taking average at same time

Hi, I have 20 files which have respective 50 lines with different values. I would like to process each line of the 50 lines in these 20 files one at a time and do an average of 3rd field ($3) of these 20 files. This will be output to an output file. Instead of using join to generate whole... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
8 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question