How to get listing with complete paths

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to get listing with complete paths
# 1  
Old 04-10-2007
How to get listing with complete paths

I am doing ls -ltrR to get long listing of files and directories, recursively. In place of files, I want to see the file names with complete path

The way it looks now is
ls -ltrR .
.:
total 866
-rwxrwxr-x 1 user ofr 945 Nov 30 2004 findwordinfiles
drwxrwxr-x 3 user ofr 96 Apr 4 15:36 Fold1

./Fold1:
total 4
-rw-r--r-- 1 user ofr 4 Apr 3 15:59 b
-rw-r--r-- 1 user ofr 8 Apr 4 15:47 a

The way I want is
ls -ltrR .
.:
total 866
-rwxrwxr-x 1 user ofr 945 Nov 30 2004 ./findwordinfiles
drwxrwxr-x 3 user ofr 96 Apr 4 15:36 ./Fold1

./Fold1:
total 4
-rw-r--r-- 1 user ofr 4 Apr 3 15:59 ./Fold1/b
-rw-r--r-- 1 user ofr 8 Apr 4 15:47 ./Fold1/a

Before writing a script to achieve this, I wanted to know if there was already soemthing for this

Thanks,
Sunil
# 2  
Old 04-10-2007
find command + ls

I further tried that the following command satisfies me
find ./ -ls

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to remove listing of current user cmd from ps -ef listing?

Hi All, Could you please help to resolve my following issues: Problem Description: Suppose my user name is "MI90". i.e. $USER = MI90 when i run below command, i get all the processes running on the system containing name MQ. ps -ef | grep MQ But sometimes it lists... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
8 Replies

2. Programming

Can't find paths.h

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in. I am trying to compile logsurfer. After I run configure and the make, I get a complaint that paths.h is not found. I see three places where there is a paths.h: /usr/include/pgsql/server/optimizer/paths.h... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brownwrap
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Possible Career Paths

I've read through a couple of forum posts on Career issues but wanted to get some feedback that may be more personalized and whatnot. I am brand new to the world of UNIX and Linux and while I am finding the learning curve rather steep, I find it highly rewarding and am overall enjoying the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: huntreilly25
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH complete-filename & menu-complete together

Hi, Does anyone know how to make BASH provide a list of possible completions on the first tab, and then start cycling through the possibilites on the next tab? Right now this is what I have in my .bashrc: bind "set show-all-if-ambiguous on" bind \\C-o:menu-complete This allows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mithu
0 Replies

5. AIX

Storage paths

Have connected a non-IBM storage device to AIX host via fibre channel. If the storage is rebooted or a raid controller fails over whilst connected to the host, the paths that drop do not come back online when the ports become active again. I have tried enabling dynamic tracking and delayed_fail... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Storeman
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Spoofing paths.

There is a program that I am trying to run on a shell account. It depends on another program, which I have also copied to the shell account. Both are in my home directory, yet the first program has a different path hardcoded into it, which I cannot use because of permissions problems. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahadsadah
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create paths

Hello! If I have file like that: AAA ->bbb ->ccc ->ddd ->eee how to create full paths like: AAA->bbb AAA->ccc->ddd AAA->ccc->eee ? (I'm sorry for mistakes - english is not my native language) :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alias47
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive directory listing without listing files

Does any one know how to get a recursive directory listing in long format (showing owner, group, permission etc) without listing the files contained in the directories. The following command also shows the files but I only want to see the directories. ls -lrtR * (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psingh
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Paths update

After unpacking a solaris 2.6 package with success, I need to update the paths so I can "see"the new software. The manual shows me what the path should be but I don't have a clue on how to change that. Asking a stupid question makes me look stupid 30 sec. Not asking makes me stupid the rest of my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpote
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

paths

Hi there! People, i'm a new unix user, and i'm having some problems... I'm updating some scripts (korn shell) in different servers. I use telnet to access these servers and emacs to write the scripts. One of them is an HP, and there´s no problem. But the other one is an AIX, and when i call... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caiohn
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question