i want to know entered string ends with .jar

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting i want to know entered string ends with .jar
# 1  
Old 03-08-2008
i want to know entered string ends with .jar

Hi all,

I want to know whelther string entered ends with .jar. Can any one help please..

Thank U
Naree
# 2  
Old 03-08-2008
Code:
case $input in 
  *jar ) 
     echo "end in jar" ;;
esac

# 3  
Old 03-08-2008
Thanks A Lot

Thanks a Lot !!! It really works.

Don't Mind can u tell me with awk command and print "jar" file extensions
# 4  
Old 03-08-2008
Code:
 # echo "sdf.jar" |awk '/jar$/{print "end in jar"}'
end in jar

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a string starts with certain values and ends with numbers

This is very basic. Yet Iam struggling to get the right pattern for my check. Apologize in advance to ask a very lame question. I have to validate if a value of the variable starts with "efgh" and followed by 6 numbers. Var1="efgh234567" The condition Iam trying to achieve is similar to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trimming ends

My files look like this I need to remove the sequence GGGAAA and anything before that I also need to remove the sequence AGCCCTA and anything after that So I will end up with something like this The left side is done but I cannot get the right side correctly. I would like to use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file which are not ends with ".zip" and which are ends with "*.log*" or "*.out*"?

I am new to bash/shell scripting. I want to find all the files in directory and subdirectories, which are not ends with “.zip” and which are contains in the file name “*.log*” or “*.out*”. I know below command to get the files which ends with “.log”; but I need which are not ends with this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to write all the jar name in single with delimiter ":" in beween the jar name

Hi All, I am having 7 jar files in a dir. abc like listed below bash-3.00$ cd abc bash-3.00$ ls 123.jar 23wdawd.jar dfsa23.jar dsa.jar wew234.jar adsd234234.jar dfsda423.jarNow i want to assign all this jar files to a variable in the below format ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

only a number can be entered no letters?

ok the user can only enter a number if a letter is entered it shouldnt be accepted This is what i have so far read -p "How many cars to enter:" cars until do read -p "Invalid number. Please re-enter:" $tags done (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangsta
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deletion of all lines ends with :

I have below file say temp1 BSCAJM1:HWJA10C BSCAJM1: BSCALW1: BSCALW1:GVND01B BSCALW1: BSCALW1: BSCBKNR:IJNMKTA BSCBKNR: BSCJOD1: BSCJOD1:JOD121B i want to delete all the lines ending with : and have below output BSCAJM1:HWJA10C BSCALW1:GVND01B BSCBKNR:IJNMKTA... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalchand
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeat last entered command ?

Hi, how to do that ? I mean only print it but not execute. I'm using putty to interact with ksh. (in windows cmd up arrow does the job) thanks vilius (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find string in .jar file

Hello, I have a .jar file and am trying to figure out if it is possible to search for some text in all the files in it without extracting it. I was able to do it using jar xf <filename>.jar and then using grep but want a one liner. Thanks in advance:) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

while never ends

Hi i have question, is this ok in ksh, like while ] do something read true done loop runs but never ends even i pass y/Y. can any body please resolve it (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question