Mailx Doubt

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Mailx Doubt
# 1  
Old 04-26-2007
Mailx Doubt

Hi,
I just wanted send corbon copy in mailx command, could you please assist me?

I tried the below but it didn't work

cat sample.txt|mailx -s "hi" -c xyz@gmail.com abc@gmail.com

Shahnaz.
# 2  
Old 04-26-2007
This should be fine - works for me Smilie

Check your maillog. For example, on one of my Solaris 10 boxes,
Code:
mailx -s "Testing" -c me@localhost me@somewhere-else.com < infile

produces the log excerpt:

... to=me@localhost,me@somewhere-else.com ...

as it's sent.

Can you see a similar line in your maillog (depending on your OS, this may be /var/log/syslog, /var/log/maillog, /var/log/mail.log - check your syslog configuration).

Does your mail make it to the primary recipient? Or doesn't it arrive at all? In that case, check your local MTA configuration.

Cheers
ZB
# 3  
Old 04-26-2007
Thanks for your reply.

primary recipient is getting the mail, it doesn't show anything wrong. But mail is not going to -c <mail id>

to=xyz@gmail.com, ctladdr=bas (20020/10)

i can see the above line from the log.

SunOs 5.9 si the OS for me.

Shahnaz.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command doubt

hi all, I would need to add the description in the below syntax. let me know the below syntaxt how it can be changed to add the description in the below. ps -ef | grep "server" | mailx -s "servers currently which are running" operational@acel.com Server 62 -> Used for User acessing.... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
14 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Doubt

hi ,, i am new for this.. i want to know abt linux os.. which version is best for it industry.. please suggest me..:cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c vignesh kumar
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

mailx usage doubt

How to use mailx to send a mail by specifying the from: address, considering that i am the root user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Kulkarni
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubt

Hi , Struck with one basic question. Iam expecting word count of 4 where "wc" is showing as 5 . # echo "abcd" | wc 1 1 5 # echo abcd | wc 1 1 5 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchal_boddu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

6. Solaris

doubt reg mailx command

Hi, Am trying to send mail from solaris host to my mailbox, but while executing mailx command am getting the follow error.Is this syntax corect? #mailx -s "subject" <myid> The flags you gave are used only when sending mail. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubt

How would i create virtual interface in linux to configure more than one IP address for a physical interface? any help wll be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salil2012
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

doubt in mailx

Does not supplying a file to mailx cause it to run long? Cmd is like this: mailx -s "subject" recipient. Would the foll. cmd run fast: echo "content" | mailx -s "subject" recipient The recipient is a group id. Unix version:HP-UX B.11.11. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranj@tcs
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question