Display Commands

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Display Commands
# 1  
Old 06-18-2010
Bug Display Commands

Hi everyone,

I am kunal,....

What command is used to display only directories (not files). ?

thanks in advance.....

kunal patil
kunalpatil09@gmail.com
# 2  
Old 06-18-2010
Code:
ls -ld * | grep ^d

Code:
 ls -F | grep '/$'

# 3  
Old 06-18-2010
thanks

thanks a lot dear......Smilie

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX commands to display the biggest file by size in a directory

Hello guys, Please i need to know the biggest files in my directory let's say$ >du -h | egrep 'M|G|G' 195M ./TMP 3.6M ./TP_DEC2012 146G . But here the result it's giving me the biggest directory in the path. Actually i want to know the biggest file in 146G . Can anyone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillesi
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display Pie Chart/Bar Graph in microsoft outlook email using UNIX commands/Shell scripts

I have a shell script which executes to write html codes into a text file. My next step is to email the text file so that receiving person (people who i send email to) should be able to see pie/chart or bar graph (whatever i design in my code) in their email. Following is the example of a sample... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikerboy
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fc command does not display all commands history of a user

hi, i have an AIX6.1 machine and i modified a user's profile so that it creates history file for each ip address that connects with this user. the reason i did this is because more than 1 person connects with the same user so i want to keep track of command run by all of them. therefore, in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY

Hi, from my Windows Workstation I can connect with PUTTY to an AIX 6.1 unix server. On AIX via PUTTY I run DBCA which has a grphical interface. Then : #DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY $(hostname) $(whoami):/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin#dbca _X11TransSocketINETConnect()... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display lines 30 to 40 of a text file using head and/or tail commands

Assume that the text file contains over 40 lines. How do you do this?!?!? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phunkypants
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

7. Solaris

display remote commands

is there a way to display the commands the the remote user is typing -I would like to know a way by which i can log onto a remote system and type commands as the user watched on the console - I know about vnc but that is not what i am looking for -or is it rexec ? Ndegem SCSA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ndegem
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Commands to display the Filesnames

Query: In a directory there are 20 files, I have to display the Filenames which contains the content as JAVA in any line of the file. Please tell me the command or commands. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kish_kk84
3 Replies

9. Programming

code that reads commands from the standard i/p and executes the commands

Hello all, i've written a small piece of code that will read commands from standard input and executes the commands. Its working fine and is execting the commands well. Accepting arguments too. e.g #mkdir <name of the directory> The problem is that its not letting me change the directory i.e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phrozen Smoke
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question