# 1  
Old 05-12-2008
lp command can't change cpi

Dear all,
I have tried to use the following command to print report to a laser printer:
lp -d<printer name> -p6 -o cpi=17 <file name>
lp -d<printer name> -p6 -ocpi=17 <file name>
but it doesn't change the cpi to 17.
May I know what is the problem or is there any solutions?
Thanks!
# 2  
Old 05-12-2008
Emulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainwater
Dear all,
I have tried to use the following command to print report to a laser printer:
lp -d<printer name> -p6 -o cpi=17 <file name>
lp -d<printer name> -p6 -ocpi=17 <file name>
but it doesn't change the cpi to 17.
May I know what is the problem or is there any solutions?
Thanks!
Hello,

in what emulation does the LaserPrinter work ?
# 3  
Old 05-12-2008
Hi,
May I know how to check the emulation of the LaserPrinter?
Is it stored under the following directories?
/etc/lp
/etc/lp/interface
/usr/lib/lp
/var/adm/lp
/var/spool/lp
Thanks!
# 4  
Old 05-13-2008
Start by printing anything on that printer, and look at the option summary you will find on the banner page, and as suggested see the required "man" for details...
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command: change only twice

Hello, I recently sought help on another thread about how to prefix 2 words in a file with 'pack/'. This is the command: sed --in-place 's/"\(libraries\|objects\)"/"pack\/\1"/g' Background: I have a .json file with the word 'libraries' and 'objects' in it. However, 'libraries' occurs twice;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJ Ruckman
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change split with another command

hi all, i have problem with my script in unix ...i have script with split -d (--numeric-suffixes) in linux its working but in solaris machine the option -d isn't have so how to i can change split -d (this output) will same in output solaris can i change with awk and how do that thx before (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to change original file

I have a script where I have the command sed "s/$search_string/$replace_string/g" $backup However I want a command to correct the original file $backup as well as creating another file with the changes which I have in my script already. In other words, I want to touch the orginal file also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alis
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to change the shell

Hi, I want to change the shellrite now I am in ksh shell , I want to switch to bash shell I have tried the command ... $ chsh -s /bin/bash but it is showing error .... -ksh: chsh: not found (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul125
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

could a change the ls command for a user only

Hi When I do the ls command I do ls -al so could I put someting in the .profile or somewhere else to juste write ls and the command will do ls -al ??? juste for 1 user ??? thanks Sylvain (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: slevesque
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change directory command (cd)

What's wrong with this script????? Please help!!! !#/bin/sh echo "please enter dir" read input cd $input I'm trying to make a simple script to change dir. But does not work. it stays at the same dir where i run the script. What did i do wrong?? (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
21 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help can't change user by su - command!

I can login user by telnet, but I can't change user by su command with same passwd. I have no idea about that, please do me a favour and tell me the config which may be wrong. Thanks in advance! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to change something is a command?

Using !! or !x we can repeat previous command. If I want to repeat the command with something changed, what do I do? Say, The prev. command cat a.txt | grep "pp" > a.out The new command cat b.txt | grep "pp" > b.out Is there a short way? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: well_doing
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need command to change permissions

I have a very simple question which I am not able to crack. There is an user with same username and groupname. How do I change permissions of a file to have the username and groupname assigned for the user "test". Appreciate you help. -Carl (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: calredd
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change directory command (cd)

I want to limit the directories that a user can access. When this users logs in, I do not want them to cd to any directory but those in their $HOME. In other words: login: pwd: /home/user cd / -- user tries to cd to root directory. pwd /home/user -- user is still in home... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oscarr
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question