Cannot delete a username

Operating Systems AIX Cannot delete a username
# 1  
Old 05-20-2010
Cannot delete a username

Hi experts!

While I am deleting a username via smitty or by command line with userdel or rmuser y get the following error:

Code:
Error committing changes to "luke" : Value is invalid.

Also when adding a user I get the same error, do you know experts how to solve this issue? I'm using AIX 5.3 Thanks!
# 2  
Old 05-20-2010
What kind of security are you using? Local security, LDAP, NIS.
# 3  
Old 05-20-2010
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=isg1IY75796

edit by bakunin: changed the "code"-tags to "url"-tags, so the link is clickable.

Last edited by bakunin; 05-20-2010 at 05:16 PM..
# 4  
Old 05-21-2010
try using

Code:
usrck -y luke

If its not the APAR above and then retry.
# 5  
Old 05-24-2010
#rmuser -p luke

Rgds,
Fadzli
Malaysia
# 6  
Old 05-24-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiniraz
#rmuser -p luke
Quote:
Originally Posted by agasamapetilon
with userdel or rmuser y get the following error:
Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to pseudocoder For This Post:
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Why does "ps -[u|U] username" not list processes when username is numeric?

Greetings, The title pretty much says it all. I've snooped everywhere and can't find anything on this. Since our organization went to numeric usernames, using the u|U option for ps returns no processes. Example passwd entry: 320074:DjZAJKXun8HBs:10129:6006:Joe Y:/cadhome/analysis/jy:/bin/bash... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
4 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Is it possible to change my username?

I know username is the unique id for my unix_dot_com account, but is it possible change it ? should i raise any special request to moderators ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Username and password

Hi I am new to using unix and am struggling with a script i am writing. What i am trying to do is get a user to enter a username, check the original file i created with username and pin to see if their is a corresponding entry. Next ask the user to enter the pin and see if this matches... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: somersetdan
5 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

username

Is it possible to change my username in this site or is thre a way to delete my account and then create a new one with a diffrent user name (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: floresr
2 Replies

5. AIX

Username with more than 8 Characters

Hey, i'm using AIX 5.3 which authenticates against a Microsoft Active Directory. Everything works fine but like everytime there's a problem. I created users with usernames with more than 8 characters. Now i tried do login on AIX with these users, which didn't work. The login-window... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: damn-86
3 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

What to change my username

I want to change my username how can I (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alnita
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grabing the username

Hi, Is there a way to grab the username who is running the shell script. I am trying to do is: $ who am i Peterd123 pts/5 Mar 20 09:30 (H0021563.xyz.com) Is there a way to display only the user name above, which is"Peterd123". Thanks Raj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
3 Replies

8. Linux

tar usage and delete/create username

dear Linux expert, I am using Fedora R5 how to use tar to archive /var to a test_var.tar and compressing it? how to delete a user? just remove the line in /etc/passwd? and then what is the procedure to create a new user ? many thank (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Username creation

Hi, There was a problem when creating a username. which was to be mapped in nis. but we encountered a problem and decided to delete the username. So instead of using the userdel command we acidentally deleted the username entry in the passwd file, which does not have backup. So upon recreating... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek_scv
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question