help with writing gtk programs

Operating Systems Linux help with writing gtk programs
# 1  
Old 03-19-2009
Bug help with writing gtk programs

i am doing a project on linux platform and i need to use the gtk tool kit to create the front end for my programs. To start with i need a simple gtk example program which will accept usernames and passwords and store it into a specified file. and also how to run the code. please reply asap.
# 2  
Old 03-20-2009
You might want to start simpler and work your way up. Here is Hello World in GTK.
# 3  
Old 03-26-2009
try searching here
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between inbuilt suid programs and user defined root suid programs under bash shell?

Hey guys, Suppose i run passwd via bash shell. It is a suid program, which temporarily runs as root(owner) and modifies the user entries. However, when i write a C file and give 4755 permission and root ownership to the 'a.out' file , it doesn't run as root in bash shell. I verified this by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
2 Replies

2. Fedora

GTK Themes

Hi, So, I have a GTK based GUI app. I used GTKdevel-2.24 to develop and compile it on two different distros of linux: Fedora 14 and Linaro (tablet). All of my code was the same for each but compiled on each platform separately (32bit and ARM). Both distros run the application. On Fedora 14... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora18
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gtk-WARNING **:

Hi all, I want to run a 32 bit program on a 64 bit linux machine. Installing the program was no issue but when I try to run it I get Warnings that look like this: Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "oxygen-gtk" Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: friend
3 Replies

4. Programming

curses.h not found , gtk/gtk.h not found

i have downloaded <libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386.deb> and <ndk++-0.0.1alpha4.tar.bz2> which contains the header files curses.h and gtk/gtk.h .. i have also included them using .. #include "/home/ball/Desktop/Sudoku/project/libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386/usr/include/curses.h" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are programs like sys_open( ) ,sys_read( ) et al examples of system level programs ?

Are the programs written on schedulers ,thread library , process management, memory management, et al called systems programs ? How are they different from the programs that implement functions like open() , printf() , scanf() , read() .. they have a prefix sys_open, sys_close, sys_read etc , right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
1 Replies

6. Programming

GUI without GTK - Is it possible?

Is GUI programming without GTK possible? If so, how? Or what libraries should I #include? Google seems to tell me that GUI programming in C++ is much more popular then in C. I'm assuming because of the Object Orientedness (if that is even a word)? Before you say things like "Search the forums",... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Octal
5 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

GTK+ project

Hai, I am santhosh,I am fresher to this Forum,I want details about GTK+ Project(All Widgets--- I mean how they are programming in callback.c file). if it possible please send information regarding this Glade tool.I want to interface glade with Modbus protocol, Thankyou with best regards,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhosh.linux
0 Replies

8. Linux

GTK+ hates me

I am very new to the linux environment. I have been interested in it for years but have just recently had the courage to pop that install disk into my PC. Because of it's ease of installation, I installed Mandrake 9.1 and I'm running KDE3.1 for my GUI. Right now I'm trying to conquer the world... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: n0data
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to start my gtk+

hi, i am a total dummy of unix. i am not used to the unix convention and practice. currently i am trying to install and use the solaris GUI based ftp program called gtk+ (gtk+-1.2.10-sol8-sparc-local.gz). i downloaded it and installed it successfully on my Sun Solaris sparc version 8. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question