install centos with php and oracle client

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users install centos with php and oracle client
# 1  
Old 08-10-2008
install centos with php and oracle client

Hi i'm trying to install centos ver 5 with apache server 1.3 and need to install
oracle client to connect from the php to oracle data base.

the problem is that evry package that i install needs some dependencis and
i coudent figure yet the right combination.

can any one help me to find the way in the dark Smilie)

TU
# 2  
Old 08-11-2008
Well, what exactly you are doing ? I mean, if you are running installation via 'rpm -Ivh package' you can easily understand the deps, and install them additionally, usually it says : Failed dependency : some package.
Install and proceed.
# 3  
Old 08-11-2008
Installing dependencies manually is a big task. If you have plenty of time you can go for it. Otherwise use "yum" automatic installation method.

If yum already been installed then set the correct repository path in yum.conf and give command.

Code:
yum install "package name"

for more information follow any yum installation documentation.

- nilesh
# 4  
Old 08-13-2008
hi ,
i look to yum proc but the problem is that i am running on a net that is not connected to the web

so i their any off line installation like universe in Ubuntu ?

TU
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can someone Help install CentOS

Hello, I'm new to this Unix OS. I need help and guide to how to install this: Server requirements / Installation OS: CentOS6 / EXT4 SWAP: 16 GB (system level) Just show me the walk through by using centos manual install. Thanks, mimic (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mimic51
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle client install for AIX - WinSCP fails

I am trying to install the oracle client for AIX. I downloaded the client to my Windows machine from Oracle Database 10g Release 2 for AIX5L "Oracle Database 10g Client Release 2 (10.2.0.1.0)". 1. Is this right? (I need 9 or 10 client) It was .gz file that I am now trying to move from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoefiend
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install vim on centos

i typed this command it shows -bash: up2date: command not found how to install it? how to copy the code to the VI editor when i access my server with secureCRT (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: runeveryday
1 Replies

4. AIX

Oracle client install on AIX 5.3

I have been tasked with creating a scripted install of the Oracle client (9.2.0.1.0). However from what I have discovered this is an X / Java install application and cannot be run without the DISPLAY being set and exported. Does anyone know of a way of installing the client from a character based... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Oracle 9i install: Error in invoking target install of makefile

I receive an error while installing Oracle 9i: Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk Furthermore: $ whoami oracle $ echo $ORACLE_HOME /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0 $ pwd /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib $ ll total... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris2005
5 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question