Interface bandwith utilization in Mbps

Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Interface bandwith utilization in Mbps
# 1  
Old 01-12-2011
Interface bandwith utilization in Mbps

Hi Experts,

I want to plot graph for interface traffic of redhat machine.
I am having hard time finding where to start. Any tools ?

i found this php script which prints bytes send / received.
but i need something which can give me value as mbps or kbps.
If can can get output from some script or command i will make cacti graph for same.

Thanks in advance.
# 2  
Old 01-12-2011
Have you tried Munin?
# 3  
Old 01-16-2011
Thanks but i need something from which i can fetch data from external server to plot graph.
iptraf works fine for local server but i m not able to make graph using cacti.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

CPU Utilization and Memory Utilization of Services and Applications

Hi, i am new to linux/RHEL 6.0 and i have two questions. 1) How to get the CPU utilization and Memory Utilization of all Services running currently? 2) How to get the CPU utilization and Memory Utilization of all Applications running currently? Please help me to find the script. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nossam
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Interface card using a lot of bandwith

I have system which is using a lot of bandwidth and this is not a big problem, but how do you troubleshoot this issue? How can I find out which connections are made for one interface card, there are about 5 on this system and I can see how much traffic is going through one interface, but I need... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: misterx12345
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

OID for Bandwith and Throughput Measurement

Hey Guys, Does anybody know, which OID's of Net-SNMP is used to collect throughput and bandwith usage of machine?? I got these OID's ..iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutOctets ..1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
1 Replies

5. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

network bandwith for oracle

Hi, we should size our network (LAN and WAN) bandwidth regarding Oracle database and Oracle Applications that we will install. how to determine Bandwidth ? What is the relation between number of users, number of transactions and bandwidth ? Any Oracle documentation ? Please ? Many thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
0 Replies

8. Solaris

change NIC to 1000 Mbps full duplex

Hi all, I tried to use this command ndd -set /dev/eri adv_1000fdx_cap 1 but i get a "operation failed, Invalid argument" anyone can help ? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarReNz
5 Replies

9. IP Networking

Mbps, base10 or base2?

When converting from bps to Mbps, do you use base2 (N * 2^20) or base10 (N * 1000000)? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjlst15
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question