Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris remove CLOSE_WAIT connections Post 93626 by reborg on Tuesday 20th of December 2005 08:04:27 PM
Old 12-20-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livio
Hi folks.

I have a problem that I need to remove CLOSE_WAIT connections.
On AIX version 5.x, I can use rmsock command.

Is there a similar command on Solaris ? Is there an other solution for this situation ?

Thanks.
Hmmm...not really there is a kernel tunable that might help, I cant remember what it is though. A better approach would be to fix the application that is causing the problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

clear CLOSE_WAIT status

Hi, I have an application with a bug in it that keeps sockets in CLOSE_WAIT, which eventually freezes the server because the user account it runs under runs out of file handles. We have the bug fixed but can only release the fix with the next release. Does anyone know how I can clear the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

close_wait connections causing a server to hung

Hi Guys, Just wondering if anyone of you have been in a situation where you end up having around 100 close_wait connections and seems to me those connections are locking up resources/processes in the server so unless the server is rebooted those processes won't be released by the close_wait... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hitting with custom port in CLOSE_WAIT state for long time in solaris 10

Hi, Occasionally I am getting the port state in CLOSE_WAIT for long time in the solaris server. I am not sure is it application problem or not. Because we are using port 9009 for Tomcat process in our web application, some time when I start the application, the port 9009 is in CLOSE_WAIT... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgmk.84
0 Replies

4. Solaris

CLOSE_WAIT problem in solaris server

Hi, Occasionally I am getting the port state in CLOSE_WAIT for long time in the solaris server. I am not sure is it application problem or not. Because we are using port 9009 for Tomcat process in our web application, some time when I start the application, the port 9009 is in CLOSE_WAIT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgmk.84
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to remove CLOSE_WAIT in Solaris

Hi, We are using a application which uses port in CLOSE_WAIT Status. netstat -an|grep 9191 192.168.32.11.9191 192.168.32.11.54562 49152 0 49152 0 CLOSE_WAIT 192.168.32.11.9191 192.168.32.11.54564 49152 0 49152 0 CLOSE_WAIT 192.168.32.11.9191 192.168.32.11.54568 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: helplineinc
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Too many CLOSE_WAIT connections

Hi, I am running JBOSS 6 ona RHEL5 server put it continuously crashes due to the number of CLOSE_WAIT connections on port 8080. How can I kill the several hundred CLOSE_WAIT connections without killing the actual live "LISTENING" connection? R, D. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stuck in CLOSE_WAIT Solaris 10 - Patch and workaround

Solaris 10 Sparc: When you got a connection locking a tcp/port, and the status is CLOSE_WAIT (for ever :wall:), you just use the tcpdrop, to close the connection. This is a OS bug. I wrote the bug id bellow: BUG-ID 6468753 connections stuck in CLOSE_WAIT The patch that's correct the bug:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thiagofborn
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminate processes for CLOSE_WAIT status of TCP

Hello Friends, First of all im sorry for spending extra space in DB of forum with this thread, i know there would be a solution if i kept searching, I need to terminate the process which causes CLOSE_WAIT status of TCP connection via port 8103: -bash-3.00$ netstat -na | grep 8103... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
3 Replies

9. AIX

How to repair a TCP/IP socket in state: CLOSE_WAIT?

Hi The clients connect to my server -using port 9130. But no client could connect to my server at this time. I've checked already and this is the result netstat -Aan|grep -v 127.0.0.1|grep 9130|pg f10006000abcb398 tcp4 10313 0 10.0.89.81.9130 10.158.70.24.1705 CLOSE_WAIT... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
8 Replies

10. Solaris

How to remove CLOSE_WAIT in Solaris 5.10?

Hi, We are using a application which uses port in CLOSE_WAIT Status. netstat -an|grep 9191 192.168.32.11.9191 192.168.32.11.54562 49152 0 49152 0 CLOSE_WAIT 192.168.32.11.9191 192.168.32.11.54564 49152 0 49152 0 CLOSE_WAIT 192.168.32.11.9191 192.168.32.11.54568 49152 0 49152 0 CLOSE_WAIT... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SHIV&JYOTI
5 Replies
nclist(5)							File Formats Manual							 nclist(5)

NAME
nclist - number of cblocks for pty and tty data transfers VALUES
Default Allowed Values Minimum Maximum limited by available memory. DESCRIPTION
specifies how many are allocated in the system. Data traffic is stored in as it passes through tty and pty devices. The default value for is based on a formula of 100 for system use in handling traffic to the console, etc., plus an average of 16 per user session, assuming 512 user sessions. are also used for serial connections other than login sessions, such as as SLIP connections, UUCP transfers, terminal emulators, and such. If your system is using these other kinds of connections, should be increased accordingly. If the pool is exhausted, data being passed through a tty or pty device might be lost because a was not available when it was needed. If this occurs, the warning message "cblock exhaustion has occurred n times (see termio(7)) is placed in the system message buffer. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Users with the privilege. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect at the next reboot. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? The tunable value can be increased in the following instances: o When the kernel sends the error message the system is running out of This indicates that needs to be increased. o The system may run slow for terminal I/O resulting in some data loss, without displaying a warning message. Increasing the value may solve this problem. The minimum value for is There is no maximum, but each consumes 32 bytes of resident (non-swappable) machine memory, so the value should be selected with this in mind. What Are the Side Effects of Raising the Value of This Tunable? More resident (non-swappable) machine memory is used. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? This value should be lowered when a minimal system is being created. What Are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value of This Tunable? The system may run out of What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
kctune(1M), privileges(5), termio(7). Tunable Kernel Parameters nclist(5)