Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Netstat
Special Forums IP Networking Netstat Post 7752 by Andy Hibbins on Monday 1st of October 2001 04:45:24 PM
Old 10-01-2001
Another cool program is iptraf, this program monitors specified network interfaces and can give a detailed breakdown of network traffic.

Stats such as bytes/s packets/s packet sizes etc can be shown for mac addresses, ports, ipaddresses.

iptraf can run in interative mode or in the background and send data to a user specified log file.

cebu.mozcom.com/riker/iptraf/

Andy H

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

netstat

Hi what is the command to see the process name/application name along with the port number, connection status ... netstat is not giving process/application name Is there any way to know which application is holding which port? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Netstat command

Hi.., Now, I am reading about the netstat command and its implementation. I have doubts in some options and its functionalities, natstat - M (Which is described as display masqueraded connections), what it means? What is Forwarding Information Base.?(--fib) Thanks in advance,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
3 Replies

3. BSD

question about netstat

For FreeBSD I use this command to determine what ports are listenning netstat -an | grep LISTEN is there another way, perhaps another command? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

netstat output

I can't tell what the output of the netstat command means. Is there anywhere that has this information? I tried the man pages, but they weren't helpful. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
3 Replies

5. Solaris

netstat -- what am i looking at?

Greetings to all, Here is a line of output from my netstat command cbp031.904 wdcprodhome.nfsd 98304 0 49640 0 ESTABLISHED The only thing i recognize is the unix machine "cbp031" but what is .904 and all the other data telling me? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

netstat command

Hi, In my project we use sftp with batch mode (password less) script in parallel for 14 sessions which connects to 2 different servers alternatively i.e. 7 connects to one server say server1 and the other 7 connects to say server 2. Now the problem is that these 14 sessions are run in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with netstat

Hi, I want to list the time for how long a secure connections last to my server/blade. i am using netstat command to get the same, but not sure how to get the time for how long connections is being ESTABLISHED. netstat -na | grep 'ESTABLISHED' | grep :443 |awk '{print $4}' | cut -d: -f1 |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with a netstat command

Do I have this command correct to show all current connections/sessions my Solaris box has? It does not seem to do anything. netstat -an | grep EST (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIFT3R
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

netstat

Hi Can any body tell me about TIME_WAIT status meaning in the following command output. # netstat -anp|grep 5000 tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:50006 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 5058/ccsd tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:50008 0.0.0.0:* ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
3 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

netstat

When running netstat -i from the Command Terminal, It returns with 21 different connections.. The addresses all look like this: ::1 fe80:1::1 10:dd:b1:a5:c4:ba with Network names like Linke#2 fe80::8e2d How can I delve deeper into this to clarify what is going on with my network?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwfiedler
0 Replies
nets(4) 						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							   nets(4)

NAME
nets - JOIN DHCP server database DESCRIPTION
The nets file is employed by joind, the JOIN DHCP server, to tell it which networks to administer and the ranges of IP addresses available for dynamic assignment on each of those networks. FORMAT Blank lines and lines beginning with the number sign (#) are ignored. Entries are separated from one another by newline characters. Entries consist of three fields: the network number (expressed as an IP address), the IP address or name of a host running joind, which dynamically configures clients on the network, and a range of available addresses for dynamic allocation to hosts on the net. The range is expressed as a pair of IP addresses separated with a dash (-). There must be no whitespace separating the dash from the IP addresses. Several servers may administer a single network, and a single server may administer several networks. Each network-server pair may have several ranges of IP addresses available for dynamic allocation. The network and server IP addresses do not have to be repeated for each entry. A line containing a single field is assumed to be an IP range with the same server and network as the previous entry: a line of two fields is assumed to be a server address and IP range with the same network as the preceding entry. The ranges of addresses served by each cooperating server must be disjoint. This condition is checked by the server on startup. RELATED INFORMATION
joind(8), join.ipaddresses(4) delim off nets(4)