Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Increasing the FileSystem Size Post 73055 by aldowsary on Friday 27th of May 2005 01:01:39 AM
Old 05-27-2005
Thanks chosie for your response. Also, I forgot to write some points.
  1. I have a Volume Group called ndbvg which is consists only of this FileSystem /db/run.
  2. The 2nd thing, I remembered the problem really is depending on one of the FileSystem's atrributes that can't be changed after the FileSystem has been created. Because this attribute could be set during the creation process of the FileSystem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Increasing filesystem space

Now, i know a ufs file system can be increased using mkfs but hwo do I take space from a file system and add it to another file system? at my job here, that seems to be possible because I see request on it almost every day. what is the exact command to do this and does the system need to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increasing a directory size

Hello all Can someone tell me I am running a script and the outputs directory is too small to contain the newly created file as a result of this script. How can I increase the directory size? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonest
9 Replies

3. HP-UX

Help on increasing fs size

Hi Experts, I am not sure whether my question should be in this thread or some other one. I am using HP Tru64 system. Currently one of my filesystem /others is almost full. I need to know the exact commands to increase this filesystem. Please show me how to check for free partitions and add... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingsto88
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

Increasing swap size

We increased our server's RAM 8 -> 32 GB RAM. swap memory is currently 10 GB. With which command I can increase this memory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akyuceisik
1 Replies

5. AIX

Increasing size of a filesytem

hi Im using AIX4.3. Through smit I tried to increase the size of a directory. I changed 10,000 blocks more but finally i got 524288 blocks more. That is before change : 12582912 blocks I have tried for change: 12592912 blocks then i execute smit. But finally I got: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanbangladesh
3 Replies

6. AIX

Does HACMP have bugs increasing filesystem or Logical volumes

Hello, Does HACMP have bugs ? I have version 5.4 on AIX 6.1 and when I try to increase filesystem space or logical volume partitions which are under HACMP VG it gives me error: # lsvg rootvg pr0oravg px0oravg pb0oravg pr0sapvg px0sapvg pb0sapvg pr1_pr2_vg pr2_px1_vg # #... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
11 Replies

7. AIX

Increasing ./usr or any filesystem

Hi guys, I want to increase my ./usr or just one path in my aix6.1 machine. currently if I # lsvg rootvg VOLUME GROUP: rootvg VG IDENTIFIER: 00f6126500004c00000 0012aef0c9035 VG STATE: active PP SIZE: 128... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pilotHans
2 Replies

8. Solaris

increasing interlace size

Hi All, I have got a RAID 5 SVM in my Solaris Box. Recently we had performance issues with it. So SUN has told us to increase the interlace size to 128k. how can we do it so that we have to recreate the RAID 5. ALso guide what are all the pre cautions that we need to take before doing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

9. AIX

Problem in increasing filesystem

Hi Friends, I have a problem while increasing the fileystem. Actually the filesystem is 256 gb and i have to add another 256 gb.So i got a new lun(hdisk) with 256 gb. I added to the vg using the extendvg command. It was successfully added, and when i checked the free pp's in vg it was showing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohamed Thamim
4 Replies

10. Hardware

Increasing the filesystem size

Hi Guys We have a VM machine, now I want to increase the size of the filesystem. We are running RHEL6 O/S. I have filesystem that is 500GB I want to increase that filesystem to 1.5 TB. The guy who manages the VM increased the size on the VM machine, now how do I make sure that the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
7 Replies
XTERMCONTROL(1) 						   User Commands						   XTERMCONTROL(1)

NAME
xtermcontrol - dynamic control of XFree86 xterm properties. SYNOPSIS
xtermcontrol [OPTIONS]... DESCRIPTION
xtermcontrol makes it easy to change colors, title, font and geometry of a running XFree86 xterm(1), as well as to report the current set- tings of the aforementioned properties. Window manipulations de-/iconify, raise/lower, maximize/restore and reset are also supported. To complete the feature set; xtermcontrol lets advanced users issue any xterm control sequence of their choosing. OPTIONS
--fg=COLOR Set foreground color (see also COLOR NAMES). --bg=COLOR Set background color. --colorN=COLOR Set N'th [0-15] color. --highlight=COLOR Set highlight color. --cursor=COLOR Set cursor color. --mouse-fg=COLOR Set mouse pointer foreground color. --mouse-bg=COLOR Set mouse pointer background color. --font=FONT Set font name (see also FONT NAMES). Alternatively it is possible to specify a fontmenu index as '#[0-6]' or navigate the fontmenu by relative sizes as '#+N' or '#-N', where N is an optional integer. --title=STRING Set window title. Note that mechanisms like the bash(1) PROMPT_COMMAND may overwrite the title. --geometry=WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF Set size and/or position. Through its control sequences the xterm only recognize positive XOFF and YOFF offsets, which are pixels relative to the upper left hand corner of the display. xtermcontrol is therefore unable to handle negative offsets as described in the X(7x) GEOMETRY SPECIFICATIONS and therefore truncates negative values to zero. --get-fg Report foreground color. --get-bg Report background color. --get-colorN Report N'th [0-15] color. --get-highlight Report highlight color. --get-cursor Report cursor color. --get-mouse-fg Report mouse pointer foreground color. --get-mouse-bg Report mouse pointer background color. --get-font Report font. --get-title Report window title. --get-geometry Report size and position. The size of the text area is reported in characters and the position is reported in pixels relative to the upper left hand corner of the display. --maximize Maximize window. --restore Restore maximized window. --iconify Iconify window. --de-iconify De-iconify window. --raise Raise window. --lower Lower window. --reset Full reset. --raw=CTLSEQS Issue raw control sequence (see also XTERM CONTROL SEQUENCES). --file=FILE Force xtermcontrol to read configurations (see also CONFIGURATION) from FILE instead of the standard personal initialization file ~/.xtermcontrol. --force, -f Skip TERM environment variable check. --verbose, -v Print verbose reports. --help, -h Print help message and exit. --version Print the version number and exit. CONFIGURATION
xtermcontrol reads a default, ~/.xtermcontrol, or a user specified configuration file on startup. Each line in the file is either a com- ment or contains an attribute. Attributes consist of a keyword and an associated value: keyword = value # comment The valid keyword/value combinations are: foreground="COLOR" background="COLOR" highlight="COLOR" cursor="COLOR" mouse-foreground="COLOR" mouse-background="COLOR" geometry="WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF" font="FONT" color0="COLOR" color1="COLOR" color2="COLOR" color3="COLOR" color4="COLOR" color5="COLOR" color6="COLOR" color7="COLOR" color8="COLOR" color9="COLOR" color10="COLOR" color11="COLOR" color12="COLOR" color13="COLOR" color14="COLOR" color15="COLOR" Whitespace is ignored in attributes unless within a quoted value. The character '#' is taken to begin a comment. Each '#' and all remaining characters on that line is ignored. FONT NAMES
xtermcontrol accepts any X(7x) FONT NAMES. Font names like '-adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--10-100-75-75-m-60-iso8859-1' are very cumber- some to write, so it is convenient to make use of aliases, e.g. 'fixed' or '8x13', if present in fonts.alias files of the font directo- ries. COLOR NAMES
xtermcontrol accepts any X(7x) COLOR NAMES. Basically this means that colors are specified by name or rgb value, e.g. 'blue', 'rgb:0000/0000/FFFF' or '#00F'. Colors are typically reported by the xterm in a device-dependent numerical form, e.g. 'rgb:0000/0000/FFFF'. Note that old syntax rgb values should always be quoted to avoid '#' being interpreted as the beginning of a comment by the shell (see also FILES). XTERM CONTROL SEQUENCES
The secret behind xtermcontrol is xterm control sequences. All the possible (there are a plethora of them) control sequences are documented in ctlseqs.txt, found in the xterm(1) distribution (see also FILES). TROUBLESHOOTING
If read/write permissions on the tty's are changed so that special group membership is required to be able to write to the pseudo terminal, the easiest workaround is to install xtermcontrol setuid root. Xterm(1) has three resources, allowWindowOps, allowTitleOps, and allowFontOps, that enables or disables special operations which xtermcon- trol relies on. If any of these resources are set (or defaults) to 'false' xtermcontrol may hang. The resources corresponds to xtermcon- trol options as: allowWindowOps: --raise --lower --restore --maximize --iconify --de-iconify --get-title --geometry --get-geometry allowTitleOps: --title allowFontOps: --font --get-font All three resources can usually be enabled for the current xterm session via a menu; ctrl+rightclick and look for menu item names like 'Allow Window Ops'. To set these resource values persistently you can add the following to either your local ~/.Xdefaults file, or to a system-wide resource file like /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm: *VT100.allowWindowOps: true *VT100.allowTitleOps: true *VT100.allowFontOps: true FILES
<XRoot>/X11/rgb.txt Default rgb color name file location. ctlseqs.txt Xterm control sequences documentation. Distributed with xterm from http://dickey.his.com/xterm/ SEE ALSO
xterm(1), X(7x) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2009 Jess Thrysoee <jess@thrysoee.dk> xtermcontrol 2.10 October 17, 2009 XTERMCONTROL(1)