Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Test to see if a drive is mounted at a specific point Post 71392 by RTM on Tuesday 10th of May 2005 02:48:52 PM
Old 05-10-2005
You can use the df command to get the device associated with a mount.
Check your man page for df as it may not have the -v option I show in the example.

df -v /var |tail -1|awk '{print $2}'

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how to assign same mount point for file systems mounted on physical disks

We have 6 hard disks attached to the hardware. Of this 2 hard disks are of 9 GB each. Now I want combine both the same in such a way that i see a combined entry in the output of df -k . The steps I follow are 1. Create partition on hard disks (Using format partition) 2. Run newfs -v for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing all characters on and before specific point

Im having a file with records DB1635 |Y|N|DB1632 |000024968_202 |0|000024968302|RCF02| DB1636 |Y|N|DB1633 |000024968_203 |0|000024968302|RCF02| i want to get output as Y|DB1632 |RCF02| Y|DB1633 |RCF02| how can i do this ?? any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trendz
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS mounted drive showing Write protected message

Hi We have two servers name A and B . I have a folder "Share" on A was NFS mounted to "B" server. I have set the ACL permissions using setfacl , so that both (One user from Server A and another user from Server B) users can read and write to the directory. Both users can create the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

how to mount specific drive for specific users in ubuntu 11.04?

hi friends ... could u tell me how to mount specific drive (ntfs or fat 32) for specific users in ubuntu 11.04 ? ie ,if there is a user called staff (a desktop user ) ,then he should able to use staff drive only ? thanks in advance ...:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kapali255
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing latest & large files from a mounted drive

Hi All, My AIX server have a mounted drive "/stage". I want to list the latest modified/created files in this drive. Also large files in this drive. I tried to ls -l | sort +4nr | head -10 Someother solutions to list from entire drive. Thanks. :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Join Lines at a specific point

Hi I'm a beginner, and i've been having trouble joining two lines. I need to convert this file 1097ALABAMA Mobile County METHOMYL INSE CTICIDES 6 1.6200000E+00 1.8000001E+00 1003ALABAMA Baldwin County ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kf_1434
5 Replies

7. Solaris

In Solaries 10 how to mount multiple volume on same mounted point

Hi , I am completely stuck and not getting any clue to come out this . So looking for help Q : I have salaries 10 in server with that Dell Equallogic storage connected. in dell Equlalogic in i have 70 TB storage . I created 7 volumes 10 TB each . In Solaries 10 i have syslog server i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roahn Tiwari
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change file permission of mounted drive Linux

I got a problem with the permission of mounted 2TB drive in my Linux/Mint system. All the files in any folder are with 777, which is not what I want. my fstab line for this disk is: UUID=90803E0C803DF974 /media/grape/Workspace1_ntfs ntfs auto,users,permissions 0 0 and blkid gave me: $> blkid ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies
mount.crypt(8)							     pam_mount							    mount.crypt(8)

Name
       mount.crypt - mount a dm-crypt encrypted volume

Syntax
       mount.crypt [-nrv] [-o options] device directory

Options
       -o options
	      Set further mount options. mount.crypt will take out its own options it recognizes and passes any remaining options on to the under-
	      lying mount program. See below for possible options.

-n     Do not update /etc/mtab. Note that this makes it impossible to unmount the volume by naming the container - you will  have  to  pass
	      the mountpoint to umount.crypt.

-r     Set  up  the loop device (if necessary) and crypto device in read-only mode.  (The mount itself will necessarily also be read-only.)
	      Note that doing a remount using `mount /mnt -o remount,rw` will not make the mount readwrite. The crypto and loop devices will  have
	      to be disassociated first.

-v     Turn on debugging and be a bit more verbose.

Mount options
       cipher The  cryptsetup  cipher  used  for  the  encrypted  volume.  This option is mandatory.  pmt-ehd(8) defaults to creating volumes with
	      "aes-cbc-essiv:sha256" as a cipher.

dm-timeout=seconds
	      Wait at most this many seconds for udev to create /dev/mapper/name after calling cryptsetup(8). The default value is 0 seconds.

fsck   Run fsck on the container before mounting it.

fsk_cipher
	      The OpenSSL cipher used for the filesystem key.

fsk_hash
	      The OpenSSL hash used for producing key and IV.

fstype The exact type of filesystem in the encrypted container. The default is to let the kernel autodetect.

keyfile
	      The path to the key file. This option is mandatory for "normal" crypto volumes and should not be used for LUKS volumes.

remount
	      Causes the filesystem to be remounted with new options. Note that mount.crypt cannot switch the underlying loop device (if  applies)
	      or the crypto device between read-only and read-write once it is created; only the actual filesystem mount can be changed, with lim-
	      its. If the loop device is read-only, the crypto device will be read-only, and changing the mount to read-write is impossible.  Sim-
	      ilarly,  going from rw to ro will only mark the mount read-only, but not the crypto or loop device, thus making it impossible to set
	      the filesystem the crypto container is located on to read-only.

ro     Same as the -r option.

verbose
	      Same as the -v option.

Obsolete mount options
       This section is provided for reference.

loop   This option used to set up a loop device, because cryptsetup(8) expects a block device. The option is  ignored  because  mount.crypt
	      can figure this out on its own.

pam_mount							    2008-10-08							    mount.crypt(8)