Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers xhost: unable to open display???? Post 70432 by dangral on Thursday 28th of April 2005 05:21:48 PM
Old 04-28-2005
1) Do you have an X Server (such as Exceed or Cygwin-X) running on Windows XP when you are running the program?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unable to open thread

I am unable to open the mimesender thread. I get the following message when clicking on https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?p=33233#post33233 : (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xhost unable to open display

I am trying to install ORACLE 10g database on HP-UNIX 11.11 I am running OUI runinstaller from exceed terminal from windows PC. I have set DISPLAY=IPAddress of PC:0.0 When installer starts it is giving me error of display (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymg
5 Replies

3. Red Hat

Error: Can't open display: :0.0

Hi, I get errors while running xclock from a non root user: # xclock --- this works fine # su - girish $ DISPLAY=:0.0; export DISPLAY $ xclock Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server Xlib: No protocol specified Error: Can't open display: :0.0 $ I basically want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish1428
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

HELP: NMON unable to display all the statistic specified via putty

Hi guys, I got this problem with NMON unable to display all the statistics specified via putty. I believe this is due to libncurses rather than NMON and also the env variable $TERM. Currently, the $TERM is set to "xterm" which should be compatible with NMON display. Is there any ways that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't Open Display localhost:0.0

I'm trying to connect to my linux server but I'm having some major problems. The server had OEL 5 installed and my local pc is running Windows XP. I'm using PuTTy to connect to the server with Xming running on my loacl machine. I login as root and run the following command - export... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethnsolomons
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xWindows error: xhost unable to open display

I am trying to direct a AIX display to my XWindows and I am at a dead end now! So this what I've done so far: 1. In putty settings, I set "Enable X11 forwarding" and also set "X diplay location" to "localhost:0" (without quotes, of course) 2. Via putty, connected to my AIX server 3. On... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoefiend
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to open Crontab

Hi, I have 2 solaris server. I can able to open to see cron entry by using crontab -l in one of the server. I cant able to open another server. How to check if crontab is fixed in that server. If not then how to make a crontab in that server. Please advice. Thanks, Mani ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Unable to open Gtalk.

Hello friends. I am currently using Ubuntu 9.10. Its having a lot of features. I have a problem in this operating system that is unable to open Gtalk. Could i get the information to use Gtalk in Ubuntu 9.10. Please reply me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrepitt77
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to display directory info with ps command

Hello, I start an adapter using the following command - nohup ./start_embargoAdapter >/dev/null 2>&1 & and when I do the following, I can see: /export/home/xxxxx> ps -ef | grep embargo xxxxx 28086 20761 0 23:23:29 pts/7 0:00 grep embargo xxxxx 8866 1 0 Oct 06 ? 0:00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samjna
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Unable display txt file.

Hello, I am unable to display downloaded file from unbunto. its says cat filename no file and directory but file is there. i saved file on desktop. i am using vmware players . could you please help to with the command. THANK YOU (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raz33
8 Replies
File::Spec::Cygwin(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   File::Spec::Cygwin(3pm)

NAME
File::Spec::Cygwin - methods for Cygwin file specs SYNOPSIS
require File::Spec::Cygwin; # Done internally by File::Spec if needed DESCRIPTION
See File::Spec and File::Spec::Unix. This package overrides the implementation of these methods, not the semantics. This module is still in beta. Cygwin-knowledgeable folks are invited to offer patches and suggestions. canonpath Any "" (backslashes) are converted to "/" (forward slashes), and then File::Spec::Unix canonpath() is called on the result. file_name_is_absolute True is returned if the file name begins with "drive_letter:", and if not, File::Spec::Unix file_name_is_absolute() is called. tmpdir (override) Returns a string representation of the first existing directory from the following list: $ENV{TMPDIR} /tmp $ENV{'TMP'} $ENV{'TEMP'} C:/temp Since Perl 5.8.0, if running under taint mode, and if the environment variables are tainted, they are not used. case_tolerant Override Unix. Cygwin case-tolerance depends on managed mount settings and as with MsWin32 on GetVolumeInformation() $ouFsFlags == FS_CASE_SENSITIVE, indicating the case significance when comparing file specifications. Default: 1 COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004,2007 by the Perl 5 Porters. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-09-20 File::Spec::Cygwin(3pm)