Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How do you logout from a session? Post 67615 by Heron on Thursday 24th of March 2005 01:46:45 PM
Old 03-24-2005
How do you logout from a session?

Hello all -

I'm finishing up a script that I wrote.

This is what I did:

I added some lines to the .bash_profile that will call my startup script:

cd $HOME/startup
./startup.scr

This startup script will create some directories, move some files, and then startup an application:

cd $HOME/applications
./move_some_files
./start_application

This is where I need some help:

Under Redhat Linux how do I kill the session and log the user out and display the login screen from my script?

Thanks!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus session being able to see unix variables session within a script

Hi there. How do I make the DB connection see the parameter variables passed to the unix script ? The code snippet below isn't working properly. sqlplus << EOF user1@db1/pass1 BEGIN PACKAGE1.perform_updates($1,$2,$3); END; EOF Thanks in advance, Abrahao. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 435 Gavea
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hiding Directories on a Session by Session basis

Hi, Apologies if anyone has read my recent post on the same subject in the Linux forum, just thought actually the solution might more likely come from scripting. Essentially, I am trying to restrict access to directories based on the user's name AND their location on a session-by-session... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: en7smb
3 Replies

3. Solaris

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10 respectively through xmanager as a nis user, I am able to login in common desktop , but gnome session its not allowing , when I have given login credentials, its coming back to login screen, what shoul I do to allow nis... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

session logout

hi, im executing one script i,e sh test.sh i want to log out the sessing after script execution. and i do't want to user command like this. sh test.sh ; exit can i exit the session with the use of script pl help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arvindng
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

ssh session getting hung (smilar to hpux telnet session is getting hung after about 15 minutes)

Our network administrators implemented some sort of check to kill idle sessions and now burden is on us to run some sort of keep alive. Client based keep alive doesn't do a very good job. I have same issue with ssh. Does solution 2 provided above apply for ssh sessions also? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoda9691
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determining if session is a login session

Besides 'who am i' and 'tty' what commands could be used to determine if a session is interactive as compared to a web process or cron process. Any command should work with the common unix variants. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Difference between the desktop session and console session

what is the difference between desktop session and console session in solaris as i am wondering we use option -text for the former and -nowin for the later (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kishanreddy
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Session logout

hi, i want to make a session logout in c++/unix which will redirect the user to the login page if the user is idle for 5mins (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anubhav sharma
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Login and logout time of a session

Hi, How can I find out the login and logout time of the old UNIX session/user?. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
2 Replies
PYMOL(1)							   User commands							  PYMOL(1)

NAME
pymol - free and flexible molecular graphics and modelling package SYNOPSIS
pymol [options] [files] DESCRIPTION
Over the years, PyMOL has become a capable molecular viewer with support for animations, high-quality rendering, crystallography, and other common molecular graphics activities. It has been adopted by many hundreds (perhaps even thousands) of scientists spread over thirty coun- tries. However, PyMOL is still very much a work in progress, with development expected to continue for years to come. OPTIONS
These options are currently supported: -2 Start in two-button mouse mode. -c Command line mode, no GUI. For batch opeations. -d string Run pymol command string upon startup. -e Start in full-screen mode. -f #line Controls display of commands and feedback in OpenGL (0=off). -g file.png Write a PNG file (after evaluating previous arguments) -i Disable the internal OpenGL GUI (object list, menus, etc.) -l file.py Spawn a python program in new thread. -o Disable security protections for session files. -p Listen for commands on standard input. -q Quiet launch. Suppress splash screen & other chatter. -r file.py Run a Python program (in __main__) on startup. -s script Save commands to this PyMOL script or program file. -t Use Tcl/Tk based external GUI module (pmg_tk). -u script Load and append to this PyMOL script or program file. -x Disable the external GUI module. -B Enable blue-line stereo signal (for Mac stereo) -G Start in Game mode. -M Force mono even when hardware stereo is present. -R Launch Greg Landrum's XMLRPC listener. -S Force and launch in stereo, if possible. -X int -Y int -W int -H int -V int Adjust window geometry. All files provided will be loaded or run after PyMOL starts. They can have one of the following extensions: .pml PyMOL command script to be run on startup .py[cm] Python program to be run on startup .pdb Protein Data Bank format file to be loaded on startup .mmod Macromodel format to be loaded on startup .mol MDL MOL file to be loaded on startup .sdf MDL SD file to be parsed and loaded on startup .xplor X-PLOR Map file (ASCII) to be loaded on startup .ccp4 CCP4 map file (BINARY) to be loaded on startup .cc[12] ChemDraw 3D cartesian coordinate file .pkl Pickled ChemPy Model (class "chempy.model.Indexed") .r3d Raster3D file .cex CEX file (Metaphorics) .top AMBER topology file .crd AMBER coordinate file .rst AMBER restart file .trj AMBER trajectory .pse PyMOL session file .phi Delphi/Grasp Electrostatic Potential Map For a list of options, you can also enter the following in the command line of pymol: help launching COMMANDS
Please refer to PyMols online documentation at http://www.pymolwiki.org/index.php/Category:Commands or its internal help for a command ref- erence. AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de> for the Debian distribution (but may be used by others). 2008-05-06 PYMOL(1)