Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How can I view a Windows 2003 folder in Unix? Post 54357 by LordJezo on Wednesday 11th of August 2004 08:13:06 AM
Old 08-11-2004
Question

I read that smbmount is not available for Solaris and after the complete install of Samba that file was not present.

Is it true that no one ever ported smbmount to Solaris?
LordJezo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i get my windows 98 folder from unix?

Haya mates, I have 2 seperate physical drives ie c:\ with windows 98 and D:\ with Linux mandrake installed. I need to have access to certain directories in my windows d drive how can i manage that? best regards abdul ::email removed:: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows Server 2003 file sharing with UNIX

We have a Windows Server 2003 box and I'd like to share a drive with a Sun Solaris box so that the Sun Solaris box can copy files to/from the Windows Server 2003. I believe that Windows Services for UNIX 3.5 will allow me to do this, can anyone comfirm this ? Also, any links on how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markgrimes
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and Windows Server 2003

Hello All, I need your help with this, i appreciate all your help that you can give. Windows NT Domains Connect Windows XP as a domain client to both systems, Windows Server 2003 and Unix. Secure shell Set up secure shell on Linux (ssh). Set up secure client on Windows XP. Putty? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: italia
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How can I upload a zip folder on a unix path from my windows folder?

Hello, I am an amature at UNIX commands and functionality. Please could you all assist me by replying to my below mentioned querry : How can I upload a zip folder on a unix path from my windows folder? Thanks guys Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajit.yadav83
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Install Windows 2003 R2 on existing Windows 2008

Hi, I am trying to install WIndows 2003 R2 Server on existing Windows 2008 server. When I run the 2003 cd it says no disk found. What can be the problem. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to view the unix logs in windows ??

Hi ! I have a FTP site, where I softlinked my server log file. Now I want to view the logs in IE as I do in unix Some kind of free tool should be there, Can somebody provide me a pointer. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp Connection from Unix to Windows 2003 server using Passphrase

Hi All, I am trying to connect from Unix machine to Windows 2003 server using passphrase method. It is connecting to the server and the connection is immediately closing. Below is the stack trace. Can anyone let me know what wrong with it? cwadmin@iut1wps1:/home/cwadmin> ssh username@targetip... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijayin
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sync files between unix client and windows 2003 server

Hi everybody... I want to sync files between unix client machine and windows 2003 server machine. I thought of using Cygwin for windows server and then rsync between two to sync files, but have come to know that might be Cygwin will not be able to handle multiple clients request.... Can any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokeshsingla
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error copying files from Unix (Solaris10) to Windows Server 2003 using scp/sftp

Hi, I have generated a Public/Private Key Pair in Solaris Unix (source) server and deployed the Public key in Windows 2003(target) server .ssh directory of user profile. When i try to connect(ssh, scp, sftp) from Unix, i'm getting below error message. Sun_SSH_1.1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarb
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

map unix directory to Windows 2003 server

Hi, I am new unix, In the unix server we have two folders 1. /home/directory/sub1/ 2. /home/directory/sub2/ Under each sub we have some other subfolders also. Here my question is I want to create sub2(including subfolder of this) as share drive to windows 2003 server. Can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mabu.ps
7 Replies
SMBMNT(8)																 SMBMNT(8)

NAME
smbmnt - helper utility for mounting SMB filesystems SYNOPSIS
smbmnt mount-point [ -s <share> ] [ -r ] [ -u <uid> ] [ -g <gid> ] [ -f <mask> ] [ -d <mask> ] [ -o <options> ] DESCRIPTION
smbmnt is a helper application used by the smbmount program to do the actual mounting of SMB shares. smbmnt can be installed setuid root if you want normal users to be able to mount their SMB shares. A setuid smbmnt will only allow mounts on directories owned by the user, and that the user has write permission on. The smbmnt program is normally invoked by smbmount(8) It should not be invoked directly by users. smbmount searches the normal PATH for smbmnt. You must ensure that the smbmnt version in your path matches the smbmount used. OPTIONS
-r mount the filesystem read-only -u uid specify the uid that the files will be owned by -g gid specify the gid that the files will be owned by -f mask specify the octal file mask applied -d mask specify the octal directory mask applied -o options list of options that are passed as-is to smbfs, if this command is run on a 2.4 or higher Linux kernel. AUTHOR
Volker Lendecke, Andrew Tridgell, Michael H. Warfield and others. The current maintainer of smbfs and the userspace tools smbmount, smbumount, and smbmnt is Urban Widmark <URL:mailto:urban@teststa- tion.com>. The SAMBA Mailing list <URL:mailto:samba@samba.org> is the preferred place to ask questions regarding these programs. The conversion of this manpage for Samba 2.2 was performed by Gerald Carter 19 November 2002 SMBMNT(8)