Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Start/Stop Script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Start/Stop Script Post 45201 by jjv1 on Tuesday 16th of December 2003 03:28:24 PM
Old 12-16-2003
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally posted by jsilva
Hi,

Check this URL http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler/sos/sos.html .
Thanks that was insightful!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Start Stop Apache

I am in the process of reorging my Lawson db. I need to turn off the RMI server...not a problem. However my instructions also state that I must also shutdown my Servlet Container....I believe it is Apache. I have looked in /usr/apache/bin/apachectl What is the command for stopping and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MILLERJ62
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Servers Stop and Start

Hi, Every time i want to stop and start servers using PuTTY,i have to execute 6 to 10 commands every time ,i need shell script(program) for execute those commands in single command.Is it possible plz suggest me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RG18173
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help making a start/stop script...

i have two separate scripts that work nicely to curl and generate two files.. one html and one txt so a total of four. When the script starts up i want it to: call and run shellscripta call and run shellscriptb sleep for about 40 seconds again run shellscripta again run shellscriptb check... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stop/Start vs. Restart

Is there any functional difference between: issuing separate stop/start commands like this; super (handler) (instance) stop super (handler) (instance) start versus issuing a single recycle command like this; super (handler) (instance) restart (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newbix
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with stop/start Shell Script.

Hi All, I would like to develop a shell script for stop & start an application server (1-4) on Solaris box. Here are the user requirements for this task. 1. User will input the option which server they wish to stop. 2. Will clear cache files from specific location. 3. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venga
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

factor [start[stop]

Another question for you guys! This is so fun. So I am playing around with the factor operation. I read in "man factor" that you can actually print a list of primes in between a range, using the syntax factor ] However, every time I enter two values, it just returns the factored value.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: statichazard
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Stop/start script problem on Solaris-10

I have Big brother script, which start/stop Big Brother processes. Something got change on server and now I am not able to start/stop it. There is no change in script, as I compared it from other server. This service is being managed by bb user (group is also bb). root@tsazdq04:/#... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Websphere MQ Queue Manager start/stop

Hello All, I am completely new to shell scripting. I had to write a script that starts and stop the queue manager in Websphere MQ. We are on Linux 64-bit patform. The script should stop the queue manager and all the processes related to websphere MQ. It should be a clean stop. Once the queue... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pady1224
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to stop and start server

Hi, I need to create a shell script for automated server patching, with the following scenario: I have two Linux servers Primary and secondary. Server patching should start on Primary 1st and then secondary. 1st check both servers are up and running. Then stop primary and patching will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcroyal88
1 Replies
xpamethod(7)							SAORD Documentation						      xpamethod(7)

NAME
XPAMethod - XPA Communication Methods SYNOPSIS
XPA supports both inet and unix (local) socket communication. DESCRIPTION
XPA uses sockets for communication between processes. It supports three methods of socket communication: inet, localhost, and unix. In gen- eral, the same method should be employed for all XPA processes in a session and the global environment variable XPA_METHOD should be used to set up the desired method. By default, the preferred method is "inet", which is appropriate for most users. You can set up a different method by typing something like: setenv XPA_METHOD local # unix csh XPA_METHOD=local; export XPA_METHOD # unix sh, bash, windows/cygwin set XPA_METHOD=localhost # dos/windows The options for XPA_METHOD are: inet, unix (or local), and localhost. On Unix machines, this environment setup command can be placed in your shell init file (.cshrc, .profile, .bashrc, etc.) On Windows platforms, it can be placed in your AUTOEXEC.BAT file (I think!). By default, inet sockets are used by XPA. These are the standard Internet sockets that are used by programs such as Netscape, ftp. etc. Inet sockets utilize the IP address of the given machine and a (usually random) port number to communicate between processes on the same machine or between different machines on the Internet. (Note that XPA has an Access Control mechanism to prevent unauthorized access of XPA access points by other computers on the Net). For users connected to the Internet, this usually is the appropriate communication method. For more information about setting up XPA communication between machines, see Communication Between Machines. In you are using XPA on a machine without an Internet connection, then inet sockets are not appropriate. In fact, an XPA process often will hang for many seconds while waiting for a response from the Domain Name Service (DNS) when using inet sockets. Instead of inet sockets, users on Unix platforms can also use unix sockets (also known as local sockets). These sockets are based on the local file system and do not make use of the DNS. They generally are considered to be faster than inet sockets, but they are not implemented under Windows. Use local sockets as a first resort if you are on a Unix machine that is not connected to the Internet. Users not connected to the Internet also can use localhost sockets. These are also inet-type sockets but the IP address used for the local machine is the localhost address, 0x7F000001, instead of the real IP of the machine. Depending on how sockets are set up for a given plat- form, communication with the DNS usually is not required in this case (though of course, XPA cannot interact with other machines). The localhost method will generally work on both Unix and Windows platforms, but whether the DNS is required or not is subject to individual configurations. A final warning/reminder: if your XPA-enabled server hangs at startup time and your XPA_METHOD is inet, the problem probably is related to an incorrect Internet configuration. This can be confirmed by using the unix method or (usually) the localhost method. You can use these alternate methods if other hosts do not need access to the XPA server. SEE ALSO
See xpa(7) for a list of XPA help pages version 2.1.14 June 7, 2012 xpamethod(7)