Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How compile a library on solaris(like dll in windows) Post 38410 by zing on Wednesday 16th of July 2003 02:05:55 AM
Old 07-16-2003
How compile a library on solaris(like dll in windows)

Hi all,

how do i compile a c program into a library on solaris

Thanks in advance
Zing

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

libnet does not compile on Solaris 9

Hi I'm trying to compile libnet in Solaris 9, but it seems to have syntax errors. I got it from www.packetfactory.net/libnet/ which is the address the computer suggested me to download it. I downloaded the 1.1.2.1 version which is supposed to be stable Anybody knows if the code has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldiego
3 Replies

2. Programming

Using Windows DLL in UNIX

Hello, I am sorry to bother you all but I am thinking about switching to UNIX and I am a complete novice there. The problem is that I need to call a C++ dll on UNIX platform which was compiled on Windows. I don't have the source code of the dll as well. I just need to call this dll in my C++... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clickoo
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Compile Scilab 5.0.2 on Solaris 9

Hello, I'm trying to build scilab 5.0.2 on a Solaris 9 Sparc After more than one hour of compiling, this error msg appear, what could be the problem? if you need any more info i'm here. Thanks for your help. Error msg :... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
0 Replies

4. Solaris

DBI with MySQL client library compile on Solaris

how dow you complie perl module DBI with mysql from /usr/local/mysql/bin keeps going to mysql client for /usr/sfw/bin is it the LD_PATH ???...:confused: error is # perl login.cgi DBI connect('customers;mysql_socket=/tmp/mysql.sock:localhost','root',...) failed: Client does not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: photon
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Canot find library on compile - fixing PKG_CONFIG_PATH isn't working

I am using bash on OSX Leopard. When I attempt ./configure I get this error: checking for OPENSSL... configure: error: Package requirements (openssl) were not met: No package 'openssl' found Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you installed software in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reasonstoprefer
2 Replies

6. Programming

C Library reference error using sqrt() - will not compile.

This so basic that it should work.... Any ideas would be appreciared. Using a number directly in the sqrt allows it to compile. primrose > cat a.c #include <stdio.h> #include <math.h> int main(void) { double abcd=9; printf("%f\n",sqrt(abcd)); } primrose > gcc a.c Undefined first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: plastichead
2 Replies

7. Programming

nss compile on solaris 10

so I am trying to build "directory server 389" on solaris 10. I am using this as i guide: 389 Directory Server (Open Source LDAP) I am using solaria studio as my compiler. I built NSPR with no issues. the problem is NSS (Network Security Services) I simply can't find instruction... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
0 Replies

8. Programming

Specifying dynamic library path to linker at compile time

I would like to compile a binary that doesnot depend on LD_LIBRARY_PATH as this binary will be setuid to owner and used by other users and since setuid doesnot support LD_LIBRARY_PATH making it independent of LD_LIBRARY_PATH would be great. But I am not able to specify the path of the shared... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waavman
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Samba compile issue on Solaris 9

Hi all :) I've been given a task to try and upgrade Samba on our legacy Solaris 9 (SunOS 5.9) sparc system. Its currently running samba 3.5.3 but we'd like to try and install 3.6.0 (or 3.6.25) to have minimal protocol smbv2. When trying to install from source, it appears to configure fine,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbob01
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)