Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Python p.ravel question
Top Forums Programming Python p.ravel question Post 303002885 by apmcd47 on Monday 4th of September 2017 09:08:06 AM
Old 09-04-2017
I've never used numpy but it looks as though the ravel function is flattening an n-dimensional array into a 1D array such that
Code:
p = [ [a, b, c] [d, e, f] [g, h, i] ]
p.ravel()
[ a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i ]

Without reading up on numpy, is it possible that
Code:
ix = np.random.choice(range(vocab_size), p=p.ravel())

returns a list of vocab_size elements taken at random from p into ix?
This User Gave Thanks to apmcd47 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

NEWBIE QUESTION: python 3 or 2.6.x

I'm a newbie and want to learn a programming language, willy-nilly I picked python... Should I go with 2.6.x which at first glance seems extremely well documented, or should I go with 3.0, which is new and shiny?! I want...no...I'm going to NEED fantastic documentation or I'm going to fail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptaxpn
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python Newbie Question Regex

I starting teaching myself python and am stuck on trying to understand why I am not getting the output that I want. Long story short, I am using PDB for debugging and here my function in which I am having my issue: import re ... ... ... def find_all_flvs(url): soup =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies

3. Programming

General question about learning Python

I am planning on taking a class in Python. My choices are 2.5 or 3.0. Which version should I choose? I am getting the impression they are two separate paths. thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capslock and Python Question

Hello All, I was looking for a solution for enabling/disabling the Capslock from the command line and came across some Python code for doing just that... Well, in this case the code was written to ONLY turn-off Capslock but I assume there has to be a way to turn it on too. Site where I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python question

#!/usr/bin/python def genCommanString(s): print s abc = { "sftp":genCommanString('f5sftp'), "/usr/local/ssh/bin/sftp": genCommanString('f5sftp') } value="sftp" xyz = abc.get(value) Why the above coding produce 2 row output? (i.e. f5sftp f5sftp) Is it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstsang
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python/GTK Text Wrap Question . . .

Greetings! After some cut-and-try, I've cobbled together the following bit of basic code:#!/usr/bin/python import gtk class PyApp(gtk.Window): def __init__(self): super(PyApp, self).__init__() self.set_size_request(250, 250) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about Strings in Python

Hi, I get he values for nmval=MS1 & csval=Cluster from the properties file like below. nmval=configProps.get("SVR_NAME") csval=configProps.get("CLS_NAME")What should i do in the commands below so as to use the variables nmval and csval instead of manually typing MS1 and Cluster I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

8. Programming

A straightforward Python question.

Hi all... Simple yes or no answer question for the big guns with a qualifier if YES. I can possibly do FFT for my needs in AudioScope using python. Q: Is python now considered part of the /usr/bin or other command paths for ALL current *NIX style OSes? IF YES which version(s) should I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Python Code Question

I have the following code: #!/usr/bin/env python mylist = def printWithoutNewlines(): for objects in mylist: #print(objects) objects = objects.replace('hello', "hi") print objects When executed, it gives the following output: ## ./loop.py hi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)