Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Exec command - different output Post 303000633 by s_premkumar on Sunday 16th of July 2017 09:45:46 PM
Old 07-16-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikK45
Is this Solaris? Are the two servers are of same *nix flavors?
Dear Friend,

Yes both are Solaris 10 servers with same OS/patch levels.

Thanks
Prem.

---------- Post updated at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:25 PM ----------

Hi Bakunin,

Thanks for your response. I am not worried about the connection drop.

When I hit enter to execute the command its resulting some like below.

Code:
prem@host1:exec pause 2>> /tmp/prem.log
Please Press <Enter> to continueConnection to host1 closed.

Is this something related to my input/keyboard settings?. I am expecting the program to wait for enter continue. However its reading the previous key press and exiting.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Prem.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment edit by bakunin: you have been told to use CODE-tags. Please pay heed to what you are told.

Last edited by bakunin; 07-17-2017 at 06:42 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi How to redirect the output of exec

Hi Here i have a script a #!/usr/bin/env tclsh puts "Hello World!" set filename "./BesRun.sh" > out.txt exit I am trying to redirect the output of the "./BesRun.sh" to out.txt,but it is not happening can anyone let me know (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathgopi214
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing the output from an exec command

Hi, I'm new to ksh - unix platform. I'm writing a small script which will search my current directory and will search for file names which it takes input from the users. Here is the code I'm having. 1 #!/bin/ksh 2 echo "enter a file name to be searched in the current dir : " 3 read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avik
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec command

can any one pls explain the meaning of exec 1<&5 ?? its urgent (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh1234
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help! Paste Multiple SQL output result to exec command

Hi, I want to write the shell script to change multple file name (the file name is get from DB) e.g. cp db1.txt file1_new.txt cp db2.txt file2_new.txt cp db3.txt file3_new.txt I have write the script like this: VAR=`sqlplus -s $LOGON @<<ENDOFTEXT set termout off ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackyntk
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec command

How can I use the exec command to log my korn shell session to the screen and the log file? Currently I have this command: $exec 1> ${LOG} 2>&1 This logs the output to the log file only. I want it to go to the screen also. Is this possible with this command? thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output redirection to exec does not work

Hello Experts, I am on Solaris 10 Due to some limitations in one of the vendor software, I am forced to output the command to exec and then run it from there. For example.. $(echo "/usr/bin/cp a.dat b.dat") # This works However, $(echo "/usr/bin/cat a.dat > c.dat") # This does not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gokul Kumar G
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exec command

Hi can some one explain the following command , It would really help if some can really elloborate on what is happening out here export PATH | exec /bin/sh ./auto_approve :q P.S: This is the first time i am using exec ,so an elloboration what does it do and what is the use of the :q will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sri3001
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec command help

Hi, I have the following lines in a script : . . exec < some_file . . . I have very little idea about exec command. I would like to know what this does and what will happen if the file some_file does not exist. Specifically, I would like to know whether the lines following this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elixir_sinari
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Several exec on find send all the output to the last redirection

Example script: find mydir -type f -exec echo {}>aaa \; -exec echo {}>bbb \;The two paths go the the bbb file, while there should be one of them on each file. How should I do it to get it working? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tribe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux find command seems to not transmit all the result to the '-exec command'

Hello. From a script, a command for a test is use : find /home/user_install -maxdepth 1 -type f -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_deb ! -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_end -name '.bashrc' -o -name '.profile' -o -name '.gtkrc-2.0' -o -name '.i18n' -o -name '.inputrc' Tha command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)