Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting REGEX help required and some sed/awk help as well Post 303000609 by mojoman on Saturday 15th of July 2017 12:28:08 PM
Old 07-15-2017
Q1. Numbers would be in URL's like Release SCAP Security Guide 0.1.23 Release Notes * OpenSCAP/scap-security-guide * GitHub

Q1. Seems like I can do it in bash or php. But since main part of program is in shell I will do it there.

Q3. In shell/php can I do a conditional check on "1.2.3" and "1.2.4" o see which is greater in an if statement?

---------- Post updated at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:51 AM ----------

In my last reply to you, I just posted the URL but the forum seems to have resolved it. Should have seen that parse link option. I would be performing the REGEX on https://github.com/OpenSCAP/scap-security-guide/releases/tag/v0.1.23

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed, grep, awk, regex -- extracting a matched substring from a file/string

Ok, I'm stumped and can't seem to find relevant info. (I'm not even sure, I might have asked something similar before.): I'm trying to use shell scripting/UNIX commands to extract URLs from a fairly large web page, with a view to ultimately wrapping this in PHP with exec() and including the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in sed or awk.

Hi All, I need to pick up data on both sides of "=" sign. For eg, following is the context that I have. 125.156.125.147=machine1 147.125.185.156=machine2 147.125.185.159=machine3 Can I have the ip address in one variable and machine name in another variable using sed or awk. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required with awk/sed

Hi I have a file, with format like: column1|coulumn2|column3|column4 A|X|K|18 L|O|R|31,42,25 G|H|I|55,66 L|E|Q|25,31,94 output required: column1|coulumn2|column3|column4 A|X|K|18 L|O|R|31,25 L|E|Q|25,31 Input File Format: All columns are seperated using |, last column... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: New to awk
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to awk (regex pattern) how?

Hello, I am trying to covert a for statement into a single awk script and I've got everything but one part. I also need to execute an external script when "not found", how can I do that ? for TXT in `find debugme -name "*.txt"` ;do FPATH=`echo $TXT | sed 's/\(.*\)\/\(.*\)/\1/'` how... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting a part of the text (regex pattern, awk, sed)

Hello, let's start by giving you guys a few examples of the text: "READ /TEXT123/ABC123" "READ /TEXT123/ABC123/" "READ TEXT123/ABC123" "READ TEXT123/ABC123/" "READ TEXT123/TEXT456/ABC123" "READ /TEXT123/TEXT456/ABC123" "READ /TEXT123/TEXT456/ABC123/" TEXT and ABC can be and I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on awk/sed/regex

I plan to do something like this in awk that's embedded in a shell script. I have extracted a text file using awk and the output is before example: <USDOLLARS|xxx> I want to use get rid of the starting "<" and anything after the pipe "|" after example: USDOLLARS How do I do that?? I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadyetagain
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to sort a file using awk & sed to get required output

Hi All, Need Suggestion, Want to sort a file using awk & sed to get required, output as below, such that each LUN shows correct WWPN and FA port Numbers correctly: Required output: 01FB 10000000c97843a2 8C 0 01FB 10000000c96fb279 9C 0 22AF 10000000c97843a2 8C 0 22AF 10000000c975adbd ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To print lines between 2 timestamps using awk|sed and regex

Hi, I am using the following code to fetch lines that are generated in last 1 hr . Hence, I am using date function to calculate -last 1 hr & the current hr and then somehow use awk (or sed-if someone could guide me better) with some regex pattern. dt_1=`date +%h" "%d", "%Y\ %l -d "1 hour... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarah-alikhan31
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk : to grep only required pattern disk

Hi Experts, Need help with the following: Desired output: Only want to get the output marked in green. The file: --- Physical volumes --- PV Name /dev/disk/disk4704 PV Status available Total PE 6399 Free PE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed/awk to delete a regex between range of lines

Hi Guys I am looking for a solution to one problem to remove parentheses in a range of lines. Input file module bist_logic_inst(a, ab , dhd, dhdh , djdj, hdh, djjd, jdj, dhd, dhp, dk ); input a; input ab; input dhd; input djdj; input dhd; output hdh; output djjd; output jdj;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
5 Replies
scap-workbench(20)					  System Administration Utilities					scap-workbench(20)

NAME
scap-workbench - GUI tool for systems compliance evaluation SYNOPSIS
scap-workbench [XCCDF_FILE] DESCRIPTION
scap-workbench is GUI tool for security compliance checking. Compliance can be described with SCAP standards - XCCDF and OVAL. This tool enables users to: * evaluate local and/or remote machines using SCAP content (scanning) * perform remediation on both local and remote machines (remediation) * adjust XCCDF scanning profiles (tailoring) OPTIONS
XCCDF_FILE If this parameter is provided the scanner will immediately open given XCCDF or source datastream (SDS) file after it starts. SCAP CONTENT
Sample content is provided by the OpenSCAP project (in the openscap-content package). Other sources of SCAP content are: National Vulnerability Database - http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/ncp/repository Red Hat content repository - http://www.redhat.com/security/data/oval/ scap-security-guide project - http://fedorahosted.org/scap-security-guide/ sce-community-content project - http://fedorahosted.org/sce-community-content/ AUTHORS
Martin Preisler <mpreisle@redhat.com> NOTES
scap-workbench uses the OpenSCAP library, see http://www.open-scap.org SEE ALSO
oscap(8) Red Hat Sep 2013 scap-workbench(20)