Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Exit script and open program via other user Post 302997777 by defs on Friday 19th of May 2017 08:44:50 AM
Old 05-19-2017
Exit script and open program via other user

Hello all..
so i have a problem i need to solve ..

Code:
#! /bin/bash 
 $SHELL
 dtterm -title my_prog -e su -user -c 'export DISPLAY=:0.0 ; /path/to/my/prog' & 2> /dev/null
 $SHELL
 intr
 exit

This script will work on solaris 10 system in right clikt menu - in a secure system so i need to make it safe..
Now for this far it is working.. when i open my_prog it closes the dtterm consolu.. but for now problem is that i need in this script
remove "menu bar" and "right click menu bar" from the dtterm so noone can open a new colsule if someone have an idea please share it Smilie

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by defs; 05-22-2017 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

exit script if user input not four characters

#!/usr/bin/bash ###script to input four characters. wxyz echo "input first string" read instring1 echo "input second string" read instring2 ## echo "first string is:" $instring1 echo "second string is:" $instring2 ##IF instring1 or instring2 are NOT 4 characters (xxxx) , exit 1. ##how?? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

3. Programming

program or script to display user info

I'm on a Linux machine and need a program that will display user information as follows: user name, user directory and current date & time. I think we can compile C, C++ and Perl. All help is appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flasun
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit script if the user dosent enter any data within 5 seconds

Hello friends, Kindly help me in developing a script that asks user to enter a value and will wait for 5 seconds for the feedback. If there is no answer from the user the script will perform exit or it will continue doing something else Ex: If yu have a multi OS system i believe while... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

The script wont trigger it. Thief Catcher program (open source)

me and my team working on a project called Stealth Hunter, Summarize about our project: Stealth Hunter is a thief catcher, It will silently take a snapshot of user using a stolen notebook or pc with webcam and send the information via email. how it work is: The scripts will triggered by the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kiraichi
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create user if UID not exist; else, exit the script

Hi, I want to write a script to check whether an user ID is used in my server and then create that user. If the user ID is not used, I will echo something like "OK, continue" and then continue to execute the script. Else, I will echo something like "Used, exit" and then exit the script. As... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirkaulo
4 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Exit user in bash script

I'm writing a bunch of scripts to automatically configure Ubuntu and I want to run the code below to remove the white dots from the login screen: sudo xhost +SI:localuser:lightdm sudo su lightdm -s /bin/bash gsettings set com.canonical.unity-greeter draw-grid false The problem is that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maerlyngb
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Question: HowTo Exit Script with User Input While Process is Running Mid-Loop?

Hi, I have written a script that allows me to repetitively play a music file $N times, which is specified through user input. However, if I want to exit the script before it has finished looping $N times, if I use CTRL+c, I have to CTRL+c however many times are left in order to complete the loop.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hilltop_yodeler
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Me. The script should not exit until the user gives an input.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and just a beginner in linux scripting. Just want to ask for help on this one. I am trying to create a script that will accept user input (year-month and user/s). I wanted to have the script to continue running, until the user inputs a DATE and name/s of user/s. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Helskadi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Works But Need It to Exit Upon Closing Program

Running Xubuntu 16.04 with shell version "GNU bash, version 4.3.48(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)," I have a working script that consistently renames a Chrome window: #!/bin/sh while sleep 1; do xdotool search --name chrome 2>/dev/null | while read id; do xdotool set_window --name... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakefish
21 Replies
install-menu(1) 					      Debian GNU/Linux manual						   install-menu(1)

NAME
install-menu - Process a menu method and generate the menu files for a window manager or a menu-aware application. DESCRIPTION
update-menus(1) computes the list of menu entries and passes it in turn to the menu methods in /etc/menu-methods/. The task of a menu meth- ods is to generate menus for a specific window manager. install-menu provides a generic and customizable way to do that. The documentation of the install-menu definition language is available in the Debian Menu manual, a local copy being available in /usr/share/doc/menu/html. SYNOPSIS
install-menu [-vh] [--remove] <menu-method> Read menu entries from stdin in update-menus --stdout format and generate menu files using the specified menu-method. Normally used in menu method scripts as #! /usr/bin/install-menu. OPTIONS
-h,--help Show the help message and exit. --remove Remove the menu files instead of generating them. -v,--verbose Output messages about what the program is doing. COPYING
install-menu is distributed under the term of the GNU General Public License version 2, or (at your option) any later version. AUTHOR
Written by Joost Witteveen <joostje@debian.org>. Now maintained by Bill Allombert <ballombe@debian.org>. SEE ALSO
update-menus(1), menufile(5), /usr/share/doc/menu/html Debian Project 28 November 2005 install-menu(1)