Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting TCL scripting: errorInfo=integer value too large to represent Post 302996135 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 19th of April 2017 03:03:19 PM
Old 04-19-2017
Assuming that expr in the code you showed us is the expr utility (and not a tcl built-in), you could use bc or dc instead of expr.

It's been a long time since I've written any TCL code, but to see how to use bc in shell code, try:
Code:
$ x=$(echo 123456789110000 + 1234 | bc) 
$ echo $x
$ 

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is $PROD ? Does it represent some Unix directory?

Hi , Could u tell me What is $PROD ? Does it represent some Unix directory? Regards Ashish Malviya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashishm
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to represent euro sign in unix

how should represent euro sign "€" in Unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Disk Representation - what is this c1t1d0s2 represent?

Hi All, Can you please advise what the 't' letters stands for? I understand the letter for the following "c1t1d0s2": c = disk Controller t = ? d = disk number ID. s = slice or partition of the disk Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlee
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

expr: Integer argument too large

Hi all, In KSH, I have got an error message like, "expr: Integer argument too large" I received this error message when I mutiply two large values and displaying the resultant output. Is there any other altenative way to go with too large values? Kindly let me know asap... Thanks in... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting the process to edit a large file

Hi, I need to make a script to edit a file. File is a large file in below format Version: 2008120101 ;$INCLUDE ./abc/xyz/Delhi ;$INCLUDE ./abc/xyz/London $INCLUDE ./abc/xyz/New York First line in the file is version number which is in year,month,date and serial number format. Each... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: makkar4u
5 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

TCL scripting - searching for a IP address in a string

Hi All, Can anyone please help me with the regular expression/code snippet to search for an IP address in a string with Tcl scripting. Example string "OSPF_NBRUP OSPF neighbor 16.138.181.15 (realm ospf-v2 e1-0/0/0:37.0 area 0.0.0.0) state changed from Full to Down due to KillNbr" In the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Zer0
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What does $ represent in command prompt?

What does $ represent in command prompt? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.g
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare string integer with an integer?

hi, how to I do this? i="4.000" if ; then echo "smaller" fi how do I convert the "4.000" to 4? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert string into integer in shell scripting?

Hi All, sessionid_remote=$(echo "select odb_sessionid from sysopendb where odb_dbname='syscdr';" | sudo -u cucluster ssh ucbu-aricent-vm93 "source /opt/cisco/connection/lib/connection.profile; $INFORMIXDIR/bin/dbaccess sysmaster@ciscounity") for sid in $sessionid_remote;do if * ]];... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deeptis
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL scripting: errorInfo=integer value too large to represent

The username is of the format : 123456789110000-1234@something.com With this below TCL procedure, I am trying add first and Sec Id and get third Id. I checked in online compiler and it seems to work and add. However, when I am running this in my lab, I get error as "integer value too large to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaibal_bp
1 Replies
return(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 return(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
return - Return from a procedure SYNOPSIS
return ?-code code? ?-errorinfo info? ?-errorcode code? ?string? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Return immediately from the current procedure (or top-level command or source command), with string as the return value. If string is not specified then an empty string will be returned as result. EXCEPTIONAL RETURNS
In the usual case where the -code option isn't specified the procedure will return normally (its completion code will be TCL_OK). However, the -code option may be used to generate an exceptional return from the procedure. Code may have any of the following values: ok Normal return: same as if the option is omitted. error Error return: same as if the error command were used to terminate the procedure, except for handling of errorInfo and errorCode variables (see below). return The current procedure will return with a completion code of TCL_RETURN, so that the procedure that invoked it will return also. break The current procedure will return with a completion code of TCL_BREAK, which will terminate the innermost nested loop in the code that invoked the current procedure. continue The current procedure will return with a completion code of TCL_CONTINUE, which will terminate the current iteration of the innermost nested loop in the code that invoked the current procedure. value Value must be an integer; it will be returned as the completion code for the current procedure. The -code option is rarely used. It is provided so that procedures that implement new control structures can reflect exceptional condi- tions back to their callers. Two additional options, -errorinfo and -errorcode, may be used to provide additional information during error returns. These options are ignored unless code is error. The -errorinfo option specifies an initial stack trace for the errorInfo variable; if it is not specified then the stack trace left in errorInfo will include the call to the procedure and higher levels on the stack but it will not include any information about the context of the error within the procedure. Typically the info value is supplied from the value left in errorInfo after a catch command trapped an error within the procedure. If the -errorcode option is specified then code provides a value for the errorCode variable. If the option is not specified then errorCode will default to NONE. SEE ALSO
break(n), continue(n), error(n), proc(n) KEYWORDS
break, continue, error, procedure, return Tcl 7.0 return(n)