Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming A straightforward Python question. Post 302996049 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 18th of April 2017 09:00:18 AM
Old 04-18-2017
Consider the phedd link - there are a lot of sites with command line bc formulas, for example fft solutions. bc originally was meant to do extended precision floating point from extensive scripts, as well as one-off fp math operations. Don't sell it short.

If you want portability and you do not want to have to verify/install perl's MATH:: for every UNIX installation, bc is the correct approach, IMO.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

NEWBIE QUESTION: python 3 or 2.6.x

I'm a newbie and want to learn a programming language, willy-nilly I picked python... Should I go with 2.6.x which at first glance seems extremely well documented, or should I go with 3.0, which is new and shiny?! I want...no...I'm going to NEED fantastic documentation or I'm going to fail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptaxpn
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify ls -l (long listing format output) strictly using SED only straightforward goalhard 4 me doh

Below is a sample out of ls -l which I would like to rearrange or modify by field numbers for example I successfully managed to disect using simple paragraph however for ls -l I can't divide the rows or fields by field number. Successful modification by fields using SED sample: $ sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python Newbie Question Regex

I starting teaching myself python and am stuck on trying to understand why I am not getting the output that I want. Long story short, I am using PDB for debugging and here my function in which I am having my issue: import re ... ... ... def find_all_flvs(url): soup =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies

4. Programming

General question about learning Python

I am planning on taking a class in Python. My choices are 2.5 or 3.0. Which version should I choose? I am getting the impression they are two separate paths. thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capslock and Python Question

Hello All, I was looking for a solution for enabling/disabling the Capslock from the command line and came across some Python code for doing just that... Well, in this case the code was written to ONLY turn-off Capslock but I assume there has to be a way to turn it on too. Site where I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python question

#!/usr/bin/python def genCommanString(s): print s abc = { "sftp":genCommanString('f5sftp'), "/usr/local/ssh/bin/sftp": genCommanString('f5sftp') } value="sftp" xyz = abc.get(value) Why the above coding produce 2 row output? (i.e. f5sftp f5sftp) Is it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstsang
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python/GTK Text Wrap Question . . .

Greetings! After some cut-and-try, I've cobbled together the following bit of basic code:#!/usr/bin/python import gtk class PyApp(gtk.Window): def __init__(self): super(PyApp, self).__init__() self.set_size_request(250, 250) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about Strings in Python

Hi, I get he values for nmval=MS1 & csval=Cluster from the properties file like below. nmval=configProps.get("SVR_NAME") csval=configProps.get("CLS_NAME")What should i do in the commands below so as to use the variables nmval and csval instead of manually typing MS1 and Cluster I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

9. Programming

Python p.ravel question

Hi, I'm trying to decipher some python code located here: Minimal character-level language model with a Vanilla Recurrent Neural Network, in Python/numpy * GitHub I'm unable to understand what line 75 is doing? ix = np.random.choice(range(vocab_size), p=p.ravel()) Anyone know what this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1Brajesh
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Python Code Question

I have the following code: #!/usr/bin/env python mylist = def printWithoutNewlines(): for objects in mylist: #print(objects) objects = objects.replace('hello', "hi") print objects When executed, it gives the following output: ## ./loop.py hi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
values.h(3HEAD) 						      Headers							   values.h(3HEAD)

NAME
values.h, values - machine-dependent values SYNOPSIS
#include <values.h> DESCRIPTION
This file contains a set of manifest constants, conditionally defined for particular processor architectures. The model assumed for integers is binary representation (one's or two's complement), where the sign is represented by the value of the high-order bit. BITS(type) The number of bits in a specified type (for example, int). HIBITS The value of a short integer with only the high-order bit set. HIBITL The value of a long integer with only the high-order bit set. HIBITI The value of a regular integer with only the high-order bit set. MAXSHORT The maximum value of a signed short integer. MAXLONG The maximum value of a signed long integer. MAXINT The maximum value of a signed regular integer. MAXFLOAT, LN_MAXFLOAT The maximum value of a single-precision floating-point number, and its natural logarithm. MAXDOUBLE, LN_MAXDOUBLE The maximum value of a double-precision floating-point number, and its natural logarithm. MINFLOAT, LN_MINFLOAT The minimum positive value of a single-precision floating-point number, and its natural logarithm. MINDOUBLE, LN_MINDOUBLE The minimum positive value of a double-precision floating-point number, and its natural logarithm. FSIGNIF The number of significant bits in the mantissa of a single-precision floating-point number. DSIGNIF The number of significant bits in the mantissa of a double-precision floating-point number. SEE ALSO
intro(3) math.h(3HEAD) SunOS 5.10 2 Mar 1993 values.h(3HEAD)