Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming A straightforward Python question. Post 302996048 by wisecracker on Tuesday 18th of April 2017 07:42:59 AM
Old 04-18-2017
Hi JM...

Hmmm, I thought not.

I have searched high and low for a demo awk version as I assume awk IS part of any default *NIX like flavour. I can't find one so........

Instead I will at least try to create one.

If successful I will post it on here.

Thanks for your time.

(It is relatively easy in Python.)

Bazza.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

NEWBIE QUESTION: python 3 or 2.6.x

I'm a newbie and want to learn a programming language, willy-nilly I picked python... Should I go with 2.6.x which at first glance seems extremely well documented, or should I go with 3.0, which is new and shiny?! I want...no...I'm going to NEED fantastic documentation or I'm going to fail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptaxpn
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify ls -l (long listing format output) strictly using SED only straightforward goalhard 4 me doh

Below is a sample out of ls -l which I would like to rearrange or modify by field numbers for example I successfully managed to disect using simple paragraph however for ls -l I can't divide the rows or fields by field number. Successful modification by fields using SED sample: $ sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python Newbie Question Regex

I starting teaching myself python and am stuck on trying to understand why I am not getting the output that I want. Long story short, I am using PDB for debugging and here my function in which I am having my issue: import re ... ... ... def find_all_flvs(url): soup =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies

4. Programming

General question about learning Python

I am planning on taking a class in Python. My choices are 2.5 or 3.0. Which version should I choose? I am getting the impression they are two separate paths. thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capslock and Python Question

Hello All, I was looking for a solution for enabling/disabling the Capslock from the command line and came across some Python code for doing just that... Well, in this case the code was written to ONLY turn-off Capslock but I assume there has to be a way to turn it on too. Site where I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python question

#!/usr/bin/python def genCommanString(s): print s abc = { "sftp":genCommanString('f5sftp'), "/usr/local/ssh/bin/sftp": genCommanString('f5sftp') } value="sftp" xyz = abc.get(value) Why the above coding produce 2 row output? (i.e. f5sftp f5sftp) Is it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstsang
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python/GTK Text Wrap Question . . .

Greetings! After some cut-and-try, I've cobbled together the following bit of basic code:#!/usr/bin/python import gtk class PyApp(gtk.Window): def __init__(self): super(PyApp, self).__init__() self.set_size_request(250, 250) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about Strings in Python

Hi, I get he values for nmval=MS1 & csval=Cluster from the properties file like below. nmval=configProps.get("SVR_NAME") csval=configProps.get("CLS_NAME")What should i do in the commands below so as to use the variables nmval and csval instead of manually typing MS1 and Cluster I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

9. Programming

Python p.ravel question

Hi, I'm trying to decipher some python code located here: Minimal character-level language model with a Vanilla Recurrent Neural Network, in Python/numpy * GitHub I'm unable to understand what line 75 is doing? ix = np.random.choice(range(vocab_size), p=p.ravel()) Anyone know what this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1Brajesh
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Python Code Question

I have the following code: #!/usr/bin/env python mylist = def printWithoutNewlines(): for objects in mylist: #print(objects) objects = objects.replace('hello', "hi") print objects When executed, it gives the following output: ## ./loop.py hi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
PYTHON-MKDEBIAN(1)						   User Commands						PYTHON-MKDEBIAN(1)

NAME
python-mkdebian - Generate a suitable Debian source package for a standard distutils application SYNOPSIS
python-mkdebian [options] DESCRIPTION
This script generates a reasonably Debian Policy compliant Debian source package for a Python application that uses distutils properly. It assumes that there are no public Python modules, and generates just a single application binary package. Information is taken from setup.py's generated .egg-info file: author, project name, description, version, upstream source, license, and required and provided Python modules (which are translated to Debian python library package names, and automatically added as package dependencies). It generates a simple cdbs/python-support rules file. python-mkdebian was designed to be used with the DistUtilsExtra.auto module, which calculates required Python dependencies automatically. However, it makes no explicit assumptions about DistUtilsExtra, so if setup.py has complete information it will work with any distutils setup. OPTIONS
--force-control=FORCE_CONTROL Force control file behaviour. Can be one of "none" (keep unchanged), "deps" (only update dependencies), or "full" (recreate whole file). By default only dependencies will be updated ("deps"). --force-copyright Force whole copyright file to be recreated. By default it will not touch an already existing copyright file, so that you can custom- ize them. --force-rules Force whole rules file to be recreated. By default it will not touch an already existing rules file, so that you can customize them. --changelog=CHANGELOG Add changelog entry to debian/changelog (can be specified multiple times) --dependency=PACKAGENAME Add additional debian package dependency (can be specified multiple times) --prefix=PREFIX Ask for installing all your modules in the dedicated PREFIX (default is /usr) --version Show program's version number and exit -h, --help Show this help message and exit SEE ALSO
Python help for the distutils module AUTHOR
python-mkdebian is developed by Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@ubuntu.com>. python-mkdebian May 2010 PYTHON-MKDEBIAN(1)