Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions How to run UNIX alias from plink? Post 302993753 by Ivanhou8219 on Tuesday 14th of March 2017 05:59:12 AM
Old 03-14-2017
How to run UNIX alias from plink?

Hi,
I am new to unix and plink in general. I want to run plink.exe on windows to execute alias command on unix. Is it possible? I can run simple unix commands from plink for ex:
Code:
plink.exe -pw mypass myusername@hostip touch filename

It successfully creates the "filename" file on the hostip host.
But if I create an alias for it:
Code:
myusername>alias createfile='touch mm'

and I run from plink:
Code:
plink.exe -pw mypass myusername@hostip createfile

it returns: ksh: createfile: not found
I tried also:
Code:
plink.exe -pw mypass myusername@hostip -s createfile

result was: FATAL ERROR: Server refused to start a shell/command

So how can I run alias commands within plink?

Thanks,
Ivanhou

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 03-14-2017 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix question: user supplied input for 'alias'

I have a program to scan the log files and I want to pipe the output to 'less'. I want to create an alias such that following are equivalent scanlog chunky.lst = /udd/n2man/utils/scanlog chunky.lst|less where chunky is user supplied file which can change. Is this possible as an alias or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ospreyeagle
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plink connections to multiple unix servers

Hi, I have a simple windows batch file which connects to a UNIX server and runs a shell script in my home directory on the server. It works perfectly, using plink + ssh keys in the background. What I plan to do is expand this batch file to connect to multiple servers and execute one script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moxy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using alias in cygwin unix

i have a cygwin unix and i would like to use alias to save a cd command.. however i lose this alias when i close out cygwin and log back in.. is there any way to save this command so that i can use it every time i log in? i am using cygwin on windows xp. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
1 Replies

4. AIX

echo in alias for Unix C-Shell Prompt

Hi, I want to set Unix prompt in C-Shell which required the break new line using alias. Ex. hostname : username : %> Now, it will be setup in .login file with alias alias cd 'cd \!* | set prompt="`hostname` : $USER : %>"' I'm unable to parse echo command or break which I can get %>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buzzusa
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo in alias for Unix C-Shell Prompt

Hi, I want to set Unix prompt in C-Shell which required the break new line using alias. Ex. hostname : username : %> Now, it will be setup in .login file with alias alias cd 'cd \!* | set prompt="`hostname` : $USER : %>"' I'm unable to parse echo command or break which I can get %>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzusa
3 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Where should I install an alias file under UNIX bash ?

I have a file named 'aliases' which contains a list of aliases like: alias loc='locate' alias h='history' alias .='pwd' alias ..='cd ..' alias cd..='cd .. ; pwd' .............................. Where should I put this file (alias) so when Terminal launches .bash and thus a shell at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shub22
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create alias files (not alias commands)

If one: $ find -name 'some expression' -type f > newfile and then subsequently wants to create an alias file from each pathname the find command retrieved and the > placed within 'newfile', how would one do this? Ideally, the newly created alias files would all be in one directory. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

look up Unix server alias name

Good morning everyone, does anyone know what Unix command to use to lookup a servers alias name, thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abbya
3 Replies

9. Solaris

How to set a global alias in UNIX Solaris?

Defined a user alias in unix. Not able to use that alias in a ksh scritp. I dont want to change/source in the script to set the value. Need to set the user alias as a gloabal alias to use it in a new ksh shell window. Can you please help on this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on Plink

Hi All, Iam a newbie to the plink and need your assistance. I have referred some posts but it doesn't helps me much. I have two steps to do. 1. I have a config file which has a list of servers,username and password. 2. I have a shell script in windows which accepts arguments and need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
0 Replies
Net::CLI::Interact::Transport::Telnet(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		Net::CLI::Interact::Transport::Telnet(3pm)

NAME
Net::CLI::Interact::Transport::Telnet - TELNET based CLI connection VERSION
version 1.121640 DECRIPTION
This module provides a wrapped instance of a TELNET client for use by Net::CLI::Interact. INTERFACE
app On Windows platforms you must download the "plink.exe" program, and pass its location to the library in this parameter. On other platforms, this defaults to "telnet". runtime_options Based on the "connect_options" hash provided to Net::CLI::Interact on construction, selects and formats parameters to provide to "app" on the command line. Supported attributes: host (required) Host name or IP address of the host to which the TELNET application is to connect. reap Only used on Unix platforms, this installs a signal handler which attempts to reap the "ssh" child process. Pass a true value to enable this feature only if you notice zombie processes are being left behind after use. COMPOSITION
See the following for further interface details: o Net::CLI::Interact::Transport AUTHOR
Oliver Gorwits <oliver@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Oliver Gorwits. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-12 Net::CLI::Interact::Transport::Telnet(3pm)