Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support AIX prompt delayed when users increase Post 302990957 by Corona688 on Friday 3rd of February 2017 10:21:20 AM
Old 02-03-2017
Please use code tags, not icode tags, press the Image button.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

how do I increase the storage space I am new to AIX

Host Name - xxxxxxx IP Address - xxxxxxxxx Alert Msg - The percentage of available storage space (DMXMemory) is low (49.54374442289481 percent). Time received - 14:23 Time Logged - 14:55 Suggested Group - MR-UNIX (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nyiko
5 Replies

2. AIX

Custom AIX Prompt

In my .profile, my prompt is set like this: set -o vi PS1=`logname`@`hostname -s`:'$PWD>' Is there a way to show what the history number would be of the command I'm typing in the prompt? For example, I frequently run commands then run 'history' to pull up the history number of a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptrotter
2 Replies

3. AIX

Timestamp in AIX Prompt

I am using ksh under IBM's AIX, version 6.1. I wopuld like to add the current time to my prompt. I understand that I can change the value of $PS1 in my .profile. So far my attempts at setting the time have resulted in setting the time to what it was when the .profile was executed. ( It doesn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PeterF
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp not working because of prompt (AIX, tcsh)

Hello, I have this problem: I have a server to which I ssh, and it has a special prompt request. The prompt is done by a ?prompt command. It is fine with SSH, since the prompt I guess gets some input, but when I use SCP, the copy always fails. So, I was wondering if there is maybe a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lastZenMaster
1 Replies

5. AIX

ssh keys - no password prompt from AIX to RPA

hello, i am running an AIX 5.3 machine and i want to connect via ssh to the RPA Management site without prompting for password. i already had a public key of this server as i use the same thing for ssh connection with other AIX machines. i connected to the RPA Management Site and i run the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
9 Replies

6. AIX

Increase LUN size in AIX with VIOS and HACMP

Hello! I have this infraestructure: - 1 POWER7 with single VIOS on Site A. - 1 POWER6 with single VIOS on Site B. - 1 LPAR called NodeA as primary node for PowerHA 6.1 on Site A. - 1 LPAR called NodeB as secondary (cold) node for PowerHA 6.1 on SiteB. - 1 Storage DS4700 on Site A. - 1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: enzote
8 Replies

7. AIX

how many su - users I ejecute in prompt AIX 5.3

Hi Colleagues, My English is pretty bad, the help I need is this: entered into a machine with OS AIX 5.3 and i execute su - user1 and then i execute su - user2 and then i execute su - user3 and finally its su - user4. there is some command that tells me the its that i have made? Thank you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
2 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 4.2 increase ethernet speed

Hello. I have a server RS/6000 with AIX 4.2. The server have a network card with 10/100mbps speed, but for some reason, the ethernet only runs at 10Mbps, it doesn,t matter if I put the net cable on a 100Mbps switch, it keeps running at 10Mbps speed.... I know how to view/change ethernet speed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: little_ball
1 Replies

9. AIX

Increase filesystem size AIX 5.3

I an trying to increase the file size on an AIX 5.3 box. I think i am missing the correct syntax for the command. Here is was i am trying on a test box # lsvg rootvg VOLUME GROUP: rootvg VG IDENTIFIER: 0000bd8b00004c00000 0010d8ed7a76e VG STATE: active ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierfek
3 Replies
PAM_ISSUE(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_ISSUE(8)

NAME
pam_issue - PAM module to add issue file to user prompt SYNOPSIS
pam_issue.so [noesc] [issue=issue-file-name] DESCRIPTION
pam_issue is a PAM module to prepend an issue file to the username prompt. It also by default parses escape codes in the issue file similar to some common getty's (using x format). Recognized escapes: d current day l name of this tty m machine architecture (uname -m) machine's network node hostname (uname -n) o domain name of this system release number of operating system (uname -r) current time s operating system name (uname -s) u number of users currently logged in U same as u except it is suffixed with "user" or "users" (eg. "1 user" or "10 users") v operating system version and build date (uname -v) OPTIONS
noesc Turns off escape code parsing. issue=issue-file-name The file to output if not using the default. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_IGNORE The prompt was already changed. PAM_SERVICE_ERR A service module error occurred. PAM_SUCCESS The new prompt was set successfully. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to set the user specific issue at login: auth optional pam_issue.so issue=/etc/issue SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_issue was written by Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_ISSUE(8)