Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to install BSD?
Operating Systems BSD How to install BSD? Post 302989548 by Riteshkakkar on Saturday 14th of January 2017 06:11:48 AM
Old 01-14-2017
THANKS BRAZIL IN UTTARAKHAND

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

System free bsd install wrong....

My freeBsd were setup security wrong how do I reinstall it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dansu92833
1 Replies

2. BSD

for linux and BSD users interested in Unix system V/bsd

for all you unix/linux interested heres an online book for free that covers the basics of BSD SysV Unix commands and applications . giving the average linux user a perspective on the differences in context of the two operating systems and for BSD users covers material as a refernce guide. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install Free BSD with dual boot with XP?

:confused: hello I have XP installed computer. I am completely newbie in Unix. Despite yesterday I tried to install Free BSD 5. But I coluldn't do. So now computer is not bootable i have done wrong thing. Can you help me installing it without making Xp out of computer? please reply (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sualcavab
2 Replies

4. BSD

install apache2 in bsd 6.2

Hi, I'm trying to install apache2 in freebsd 6.2 but I have the next problems: 1. I don't have an internet connection in that computer 2. I tried commands like make install clean in /usr/ports/www/apache22 but always try to connect to the internet my question is: how can I install apache2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamayo
2 Replies

5. BSD

Free BSD Release 8.0 not recognizing CD/DVD and usb install media

Hi, I am trying to install Free BSD release 8.0 on my Dell XPS Studio laptop along with already existing Windows partition. (150GB for Win Vista, 30GB for win backup and 130 GB for Free BSD). To do trial I first installed it on Sun virtual Box in Windows where it installed without any complaints.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheerajsuthar
2 Replies
ARPING(8)						 System Manager's Manual: iputils						 ARPING(8)

NAME
arping - send ARP REQUEST to a neighbour host SYNOPSIS
arping [-AbDfhqUV] [-c count] [-w deadline] [-s source] -I interface destination DESCRIPTION
Ping destination on device interface by ARP packets, using source address source. OPTIONS
-A The same as -U, but ARP REPLY packets used instead of ARP REQUEST. -b Send only MAC level broadcasts. Normally arping starts from sending broadcast, and switch to unicast after reply received. -c count Stop after sending count ARP REQUEST packets. With deadline option, arping waits for count ARP REPLY packets, until the timeout expires. -D Duplicate address detection mode (DAD). See RFC2131, 4.4.1. Returns 0, if DAD succeeded i.e. no replies are received -f Finish after the first reply confirming that target is alive. -I interface Name of network device where to send ARP REQUEST packets. -h Print help page and exit. -q Quiet output. Nothing is displayed. -s source IP source address to use in ARP packets. If this option is absent, source address is: o In DAD mode (with option -D) set to 0.0.0.0. o In Unsolicited ARP mode (with options -U or -A) set to destination. o Otherwise, it is calculated from routing tables. -U Unsolicited ARP mode to update neighbours' ARP caches. No replies are expected. -V Print version of the program and exit. -w deadline Specify a timeout, in seconds, before arping exits regardless of how many packets have been sent or received. In this case arping does not stop after count packet are sent, it waits either for deadline expire or until count probes are answered. SEE ALSO
ping(8), clockdiff(8), tracepath(8). AUTHOR
arping was written by Alexey Kuznetsov <kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru>. It is now maintained by YOSHIFUJI Hideaki <yoshfuji@skbuff.net>. SECURITY
arping requires CAP_NET_RAW capability to be executed. It is not recommended to be used as set-uid root, because it allows user to modify ARP caches of neighbour hosts. AVAILABILITY
arping is part of iputils package and the latest versions are available in source form at http://www.skbuff.net/iputils/iputils-cur- rent.tar.bz2. iputils-121221 10 June 2014 ARPING(8)