Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to install Solaris-desktop? Post 302989207 by Riteshkakkar on Tuesday 10th of January 2017 01:06:44 AM
Old 01-10-2017
ok i will try in few minutes after download..

---------- Post updated at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:10 AM ----------

i have run this command it download few mb solaris catalog then say
the following pattern did not match any allowable packages, why?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 6 Desktop Troubleshooting

Good Morning People, I wanted to help on users we have that apparently on their desktop their word wrap is automatic. I have looked on their openwin-menu and haven't found anything with word wrap. Would anybody know where to look to change a user's word wrap capability? Let me know, any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sarccastik Dude
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10 Desktop resolution

I have a problem with solaris 10 desktop resolution. My resolution is 1680x1050. I want to boot in troubleshooting mode to change this resolution for the root user. Or all users. What is the configuration script. ex: .dtconfig/Xconfig (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simquest
3 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Antivirus Programm for Solaris Desktop

Hello, I´m searching a antivirus solution for Solaris Desktop PC´s (Intel). Can anyone tell me more about some producer?? Thanks Volker (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingossi
6 Replies

4. Programming

Petsc install on desktop with 2 cpu

Hi! everyone I need to install petsc with MPI on my desktop. I followed the instructions of petsc home page. But, whenever I ran make, I saw messabe "error", also I can't work for complie and execution. Install cygwin. download petsc-2.3.3.-p15.tar.gz cd /home/myhome/soft... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdh1971
0 Replies

5. BSD

How can install the FreeBSD on desktop!!

;)Hello everyone,I'm a new FreeBSD user,I don't know how to intall the BSD on desktop,please help me ~~ Thanks~~:D (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnney
11 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to Install Red Hat Linux Desktop version 4?

I want to install Red Hat Linux Desktop version 4. Please tell me the step-by-step installation and which file system will be best for this O/S? Like in windows, we have NTFS file system(which has very security features). Is there any such file system in Linux? Which file system should i use? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to Install Red Hat Linux Desktop version 4?

I want to install Red Hat Linux Desktop version 4. Please tell me the step-by-step installation and which file system will be best for this O/S? Like in windows, we have NTFS file system(which has very security features). Is there any such file system in Linux? Which file system should i use?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

Help needed HP UX 11.11i new install on C8000 Desktop messaging system error CAN'T FIX

Hi, I have a HP UX C8000 box , have installed 11.11i from 4 x cds numerous times to try to get a functioning Network or to try and get rid of this error on start up, after new install and 1st startup I get an error "The desktop messaging system could not be started" and then advice about... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: C8000
12 Replies
UPDATE-XMLCATALOG(8)						     xml-core						      UPDATE-XMLCATALOG(8)

NAME
update-xmlcatalog - maintain XML catalog files SYNOPSIS
update-xmlcatalog --add --root --package package --type type --id id update-xmlcatalog --del --root --package package --type type --id id update-xmlcatalog --add --package package --local local --type type --id id update-xmlcatalog --del --package package --local local --type type --id id update-xmlcatalog --add --local local --file file --type type --id id update-xmlcatalog --del --local local --file file --type type --id id update-xmlcatalog --help DESCRIPTION
update-xmlcatalog add entries to and removes entries from the root XML catalog file, a package XML catalog file or a local XML catalog file. OPTIONS
--add Adds the entry to the root XML catalog file, a package XML catalog file or a local XML catalog file. If the XML catalog file does not exist yet, it is automatically created. --del Deletes the entry from the root XML catalog file, the package XML catalog file or the local XML catalog file. A resulting empty XML catalog is not automatically deleted from the filesystem. --file file Indicates a local filename. --id id Indicates the XML catalog file entry identifier. --local local Indicates a local XML catalog file. --package package Indicates a package XML catalog file. --root Indicates the root XML catalog file. --type type Indicates the XML catalog file entry type (public, system, uri). --help Displays the usage information. NOTES
update-xmlcatalog is the de-facto standard tool to be used to maintain XML catalog files on a Debian system, similar to that update-catalog(8) is the standard tool to be used to main SGML catalog files on a Debian system. A Debian XML Policy document to this effect is currently under development. update-xmlcatalog and xmlcatalog(1) are incompatible. The former has an internal database of all the entries in all the XML catalog files it maintains and regenerates the indicated XML catalog file completely from scratch upon an update. The latter updates the indicated XML catalog file directly. This means that any change made to an XML catalog file using xmlcatalog(1) is overwritten the next time that XML catalog file is updated using update-xmlcatalog. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/xml-core/README.Debian AUTHOR
Ardo van Rangelrooij <ardo@debian.org> perl v5.14.2 2008-10-14 UPDATE-XMLCATALOG(8)