Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Question about execl, replacing process's contents Post 302987999 by SirSalt on Monday 19th of December 2016 12:26:26 PM
Old 12-19-2016
Thanks, Don. That makes sense now.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing contents of files from a bash script

I'm writing a shell script and I need to replace the contents of a configuration file based on what is passed to the script...can I replace expressions in a file from a bash shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HumanBeanDip
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed question - replacing param values

Hello, Do you have any idea why the below sed command is also replacing the value of "PARAMETER2" instead of just "PARAMETER" in file1 ? % parameter=PARAMETER % new_value=2 % cat file1 PARAMETER=1 PARAMETER2=1 % cat file1 | sed s/*$/${new_value}/1 PARAMETER=2 PARAMETER2=2 Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: majormark
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing contents in a file from multiple programmes

Hi All, I have a query on Perl. I have a text file which has 3 lines, i want to only replace the first line with my replaced text and keep the rest of the text. FOr eg Before change --> echo:a:pending echo:b:pending echo:c:pending After change ---> echo:a:done echo:b:pending... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tosatesh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing text with contents from another file

I'm trying to change the ramfs size in kernel .config automatically. I have a ramfs_size file generated with du -s cat ramfs_size 64512 I want to replace the linux .config's ramdisk size with the above value CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_SIZE=73728 Right now I'm doing something dumb like: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amoeba
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing string in all instances (both filenames and file contents) in a directory

Hi, I have a set of files stored in a single directory that I use to set parameters for a physics code, and I would like to streamline the process of updating them all when I change a parameter. For instance, if the files are called A2000p300ini, A2000p300sub, A2000p300run, and the text in each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BlueChris
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command for copying the contents of other file replacing it another file on specifc pattern

We have 2 file XML files - FILE1.XML and FILE2.xml - we need copy the contents of FILE1.XML and replace in FILE2.xml pattern "<assignedAttributeList></assignedAttributeList>" FILE1.XML 1. <itemList> 2. <item type="Manufactured"> 3. <resourceCode>431048</resourceCode> 4. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balrajg
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl question - How do I print contents of an array on a single line?

I have the following code: print @testarray; which returns: 8 8 8 9 How do I return the array like this: The output is: 8, 8, 8, 9 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing a particular string in all files in folder and file contents

I need to replace all filesnames in a folder as well as its content from AK6 to AK11. Eg Folder has files AK6-Create.xml, AK6-system.py etc.. the files names as well as contents should be changes to AK9-Create.xml, AK9-system.py etc All files are xml and python scripts. ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Candid247
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem using execl to start a tftp process

Hi, I'm very new to Linux but have been muddling my way through quite happily until recently. I'm trying to write a program in C++ which starts a new process using the execl command. I am trying to run the tftp process as follows: char ip_addr = "..."; if (execl("usr/bin/tftp", "tftp",... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoC
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Quick question]Problem with execl and GREP

Guys, I have the following code #include <fcntl.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include <sys/wait.h> #include <unistd.h> void read2(); main(int argc, char** argv) { int pid,status; pid=fork(); if ( pid == 0 ) { read2(argv,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pfpietro
4 Replies
scsi_sense_key(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					scsi_sense_key(9F)

NAME
scsi_sense_key, scsi_sense_asc, scsi_sense_ascq - retrieve fields from SCSI sense data SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> uint8_t scsi_sense_key(uint8_t *sense_buffer); uint8_t scsi_sense_asc(uint8_t *sense_buffer); uint8_t scsi_sense_ascq(uint8_t *sense_buffer); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
sense_buffer Pointer to a buffer containing SCSI sense data. The sense data is expected in wire format starting at the response code. It can be in either fixed or descriptor format. DESCRIPTION
The scsi_sense_key() function returns the sense key value from the sense data contained in the sense_buffer. The scsi_sense_asc() function returns the additional sense code (ASC) value from the sense data contained in the sense_buffer. The scsi_sense_ascq() function returns the additional sense code qualifier (ASCQ) value from the sense data contained in the sense_buffer. The scsi_sense_key(), scsi_sense_asc(), and scsi_sense_ascq() functions are used to retrieve values from SCSI sense data, regardles of whether the sense data is in fixed format or descriptor format. Drivers should use scsi_validate_sense(9F) to ensure that valid sense key, asc, and ascq values are present in the sense data. RETURN VALUES
The scsi_sense_key() function returns the sense key value from the sense buffer. The scsi_sense_asc() function returns the additional sense code (ASC) from the sense buffer and the scsi_sense_ascq() function returns the additional sense code qualifier (ASCQ) from the sense buf- fer. CONTEXT
The scsi_sense_key(), scsi_sense_asc(), and scsi_sense_ascq() functions can be called from user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
scsi_ext_sense_fields(9F), scsi_find_sense_descr(9F), scsi_sense_cmdspecific_uint64(9F), scsi_sense_info_uint64(9F), scsi_vali- date_sense(9F) SunOS 5.11 28 Jun 2006 scsi_sense_key(9F)