Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Google releases a major Windows 10 bug... Post 302985015 by wisecracker on Thursday 3rd of November 2016 03:47:22 PM
Old 11-03-2016
I noticed the Edge Browser reference too, but the phrase "for the best protection" seemed a little unnerving as it suggetsts that M$ have known about it for a LLOONNGG time and it is a difficult thing to patch. Their record of continuous updates are renown many of which are race conditions but this one goes back a long way so much like our BREXIT exit will be a difficult one to cure due to its age and intertwined nature.
Just my opinion of course but nevertheless bringing it into the open will make Joe Public aware of it.

However, this is an equally dangerous bug like the Linux and Android ones posted recently.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Major Problem! i think

Hi, I relly could use your expert help. We have an Sun Solaris machine here at my company and the person that is the administrator is at vacation. The machined hangd and when we restarted it, it said. "Disconnected tagged cmd(s) (1) timeout for target 1.0 " What does this mean? can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajjan2
2 Replies

2. Web Development

Helpful Tip: Forcing Google to www.google.com

Helpful Tip! Sometimes when we are in another country, Google redirects our request for www.google.com to: www.google.co.in or to: www.google.co.th If you want to force Google to go to the US site, use: www.google.com/webhp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

3. AIX

major no

hi what is meant by major no in vg what is meant by concurrent vg i cant understand these two things (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senmak
3 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Major Application

Hi there all I am going to be a new admin (AIX,Redhat,Suse, and Solaris). I know these OS's at basic to intermediate level..somewhat. i would like to know what are corporate level sys admin softwares that are commanly used day to day . i know its a broad question. but i just wanna know few... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
2 Replies
IPSEC_RANBITS(8)						  [FIXME: manual]						  IPSEC_RANBITS(8)

NAME
ipsec_ranbits - generate random bits in ASCII form SYNOPSIS
ipsec ranbits [--quick] [--continuous] [--bytes] nbits DESCRIPTION
Ranbits obtains nbits (rounded up to the nearest byte) high-quality random bits from random(4), and emits them on standard output as an ASCII string. The default output format is datatot(3) h format: lowercase hexadecimal with a 0x prefix and an underscore every 32 bits. The --quick option produces quick-and-dirty random bits: instead of using the high-quality random bits from /dev/random, which may take some time to supply the necessary bits if nbits is large, ranbits uses /dev/urandom, which yields prompt results but lower-quality randomness. The --continuous option uses datatot(3) x output format, like h but without the underscores. The --bytes option causes nbits to be interpreted as a byte count rather than a bit count. FILES
/dev/random, /dev/urandom SEE ALSO
ipsec_datatot(3), random(4) HISTORY
Written for the Linux FreeS/WAN project <http://www.freeswan.org> by Henry Spencer. BUGS
There is an internal limit on nbits, currently 20000. Without --quick, ranbits's run time is difficult to predict. A request for a large number of bits, at a time when the system's entropy pool is low on randomness, may take quite a while to satisfy. Though not a bug of ranbits, the direct use of /dev/hw_random, the Linux hardware random number generator is not supported because it can produce very non-random data. To properly use /dev/hw_random, the rngd daemon should be used to read from /dev/hw_random and write to /dev/random, while performing a FIPS test on the hardware random read. No changes to Openswan are required for this support - just a running rngd. [FIXME: source] 10/06/2010 IPSEC_RANBITS(8)