Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Google releases a major Windows 10 bug... Post 302985015 by wisecracker on Thursday 3rd of November 2016 03:47:22 PM
Old 11-03-2016
I noticed the Edge Browser reference too, but the phrase "for the best protection" seemed a little unnerving as it suggetsts that M$ have known about it for a LLOONNGG time and it is a difficult thing to patch. Their record of continuous updates are renown many of which are race conditions but this one goes back a long way so much like our BREXIT exit will be a difficult one to cure due to its age and intertwined nature.
Just my opinion of course but nevertheless bringing it into the open will make Joe Public aware of it.

However, this is an equally dangerous bug like the Linux and Android ones posted recently.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Major Problem! i think

Hi, I relly could use your expert help. We have an Sun Solaris machine here at my company and the person that is the administrator is at vacation. The machined hangd and when we restarted it, it said. "Disconnected tagged cmd(s) (1) timeout for target 1.0 " What does this mean? can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajjan2
2 Replies

2. Web Development

Helpful Tip: Forcing Google to www.google.com

Helpful Tip! Sometimes when we are in another country, Google redirects our request for www.google.com to: www.google.co.in or to: www.google.co.th If you want to force Google to go to the US site, use: www.google.com/webhp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

3. AIX

major no

hi what is meant by major no in vg what is meant by concurrent vg i cant understand these two things (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senmak
3 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Major Application

Hi there all I am going to be a new admin (AIX,Redhat,Suse, and Solaris). I know these OS's at basic to intermediate level..somewhat. i would like to know what are corporate level sys admin softwares that are commanly used day to day . i know its a broad question. but i just wanna know few... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
2 Replies
EDIT-PATCH(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
edit-patch, add-patch - tool for preparing patches for Debian source packages SYNOPSIS
edit-patch path/to/patch add-patch path/to/patch DESCRIPTION
edit-patch is a wrapper script around the Quilt, CDBS, and dpatch patch systems. It simplifies the process of preparing and editing patches to Debian source packages and allows the user to not have to be concerned with which patch system is in use. Run from inside the root directory of the source package, edit-patch can be used to edit existing patches located in debian/patches. It can also be used to incorporate new patches. If pointed at a patch not already present, it will copy the patch to debian/patches in the correct format for the patch system in use. Next, the patch is applied and a subshell is opened in order to edit the patch. Typing exit or pressing Ctrl-d will close the subshell and launch an editor to record the debian/changelog entry. edit-patch is integrated with the Bazaar and Git version control systems. The patch will be automatically added to the tree, and the debian/changelog entry will be used as the commit message. If no patch system is present, the patch is applied inline, and a copy is stored in debian/patches-applied. add-patch is the non-interactive version of edit-patch. The patch will be incorporated but no editor or subshell will be spawned. AUTHORS
edit-patch was written by Daniel Holbach <daniel.holbach@canonical.com>, Michael Vogt <michael.vogt@canonical.com>, and David Futcher <bobbo@ubuntu.com>. This manual page was written by Andrew Starr-Bochicchio <a.starr.b@gmail.com>. Both are released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 3. DEBIAN Debian Utilities EDIT-PATCH(1)