Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP C8000 with HP-UX 10.20
Operating Systems HP-UX HP C8000 with HP-UX 10.20 Post 302984833 by darkox on Tuesday 1st of November 2016 09:10:51 AM
Old 11-01-2016
Hammer & Screwdriver HP C8000 with HP-UX 10.20

Hi all,

I know that this will sound like from stone age but I am still using couple B180L and B2600 boxes running with HP-UX 10.20 Ace5.

Recently I got perfect condition HP C8000 workstation and just wondering if I can run it with 10.20?

All specs saying min requirements are 11i, however I am sure I've seen post somewhere before that it is possible to build 10.20 on this machine. Maybe I was dreaming?

Tried to cold install 10.20 and got the following results:

Booting...
HARD Booted.
ISL Revision A.00.38 OCT 26, 1994 (oh god, that's old...)
ISL booting hpux (;0):INSTALL

Then after couple seconds screens refreshed with the following message:
ISL> S/N 113-99006-103 BIOS

and just got ISL console. Unfortunately, I am not experienced enough to benefit from ISL console...

Is it a sign that workstation is not compatible or there is a way which I am not aware of to install 10.20 on C8000?

Any comments appreciated.

Thank you.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP UX 11i and HP C8000

Hey, i want install HP UX 11i on HP C8000. When i start the C8000 i get a prompt. On this Prompt i write BOot P1 P1 is my DVD-ROM (IDE). I get the Message "ERROR: Not a boot path". When i write SEArch the Prompt said: P0 scsiA.6 HP73.4MAT3073NP P1 ide.1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: numx
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Help needed HP UX 11.11i new install on C8000 Desktop messaging system error CAN'T FIX

Hi, I have a HP UX C8000 box , have installed 11.11i from 4 x cds numerous times to try to get a functioning Network or to try and get rid of this error on start up, after new install and 1st startup I get an error "The desktop messaging system could not be started" and then advice about... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: C8000
12 Replies
CFSNDSERV(6)							     cfsndserv							      CFSNDSERV(6)

NAME
cfsndserv - crossfire client sound server DESCRIPTION
getzone adjusts and mixes sounds before playing them USAGE
getzone none - started automatically by crossfire client CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
~/.crossfire/sndconfig can contain the following options: stereo 1 means stereo sound, 0 - mono bits bitrate of generated sound - 8 or 16 signed if we should sent signed data to the soundcard. 1 means yes. frequency speed of playing data. This should be 11025, or sound pitch will change buffers how many buffers to allocate buflen how big the buffers should be. buffers*buflen shouldn't be smaller than the longest sound to be played. simultaneously home many sound can be played at the same time. When this setting is bigger, each sound volume will decrease. HOW DOES IT WORK
? The sound server gets information about sounds to be played on standard input. The information is a line: <sound number> <sound type> <relative x> <relative y> All those numbers are hex. The file ~/.crossfire/sounds contains description of sound numbers and types. For example: 3 0 5 0 Means that normal sound SOUND_FUMBLE spell should be played as it's source was5 units to the right of player. Sounds are mixed in special buffers, which are in fact one buffer, which should be big enough for the biggest sound to be played. The buffers, if contain anything, are sent one by one to the sound device. Each buffer is cleaned after playing. Sounds data is multiplied by some ratio (<1) evaluated from it's position and volume and added to the buffers, starting from the next after the one being played. So bigger buffer means bigger delay, before th sound is actually played, but the smaller buffer is, the bigger is possibility, we won't succeed filling the next buffer, before last is played. SEE ALSO
crossfire(1) http://crossfire.real-time.com AUTHOR
Jaakko Niemi put this page together for Debian packages by cutting and pasting from README file of crossfire-client. 3rd Berkeley Distribution 2002-02-23 CFSNDSERV(6)