Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to open hidden file and converted into .dat format? Post 302984283 by avi1991nash on Monday 24th of October 2016 05:13:36 AM
Old 10-24-2016
How to open hidden file and converted into .dat format?

Here i am having ".tmideg0"hidden file .
I have made programm but it doesnot work
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

$runDir = $ENV{"REGR_RUN_DIR"};
@files = (<*.tmideg0> <*.tmideg1>);

foreach $FILE (@files)
{
open (IN, $FILE) || die "Couldn't open $FILE for reading";
open (OUT, ">$runDir/$FILE.dat") || die "Couldn't open $FILE for reading";

while(<IN>) {
    print OUT $_;
}
}
close(IN);
close(OUT);

---------- Post updated at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:09 AM ----------

here i am having code
in which it convert all ".txt" file to ".txt.dat" file but i want ".dat file" how to do it.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

$runDir = $ENV{"REGR_RUN_DIR"};
@files = (<*.txt>);

foreach $FILE (@files)
{
open (IN, $FILE) || die "Couldn't open $FILE for reading";

open (OUT, ">$runDir/$FILE.dat") || die "Couldn't open $FILE for reading";

while(<IN>) {
    print OUT $_;
}
}
close(IN);
close(OUT);

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment edit by bakunin: since Don Cragun has edited in the missing CODE-tags for you, you have appended your original post, AGAIN NOT USING CODE-TAGS! How often, do you think. we need to ask you to use them until this bears fruit?

Last edited by bakunin; 10-24-2016 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How to open a .DAT video file in LINUX

:confused: Hai guys!!!! I am using Mandrake Linux 10.1 with Intel P4 system.. I don't know how to open .DAT video file in LINUX. Please help me! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahi3699
1 Replies

2. Solaris

/etc/format.dat file currupt

What we have to do when the /etc/format.dat file is corrupted? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List all directories hidden or not hidden

I want to list all directories hidden or not hidden. ls -ld */ => shows only not hidden directories so i guess the answer would be to add the a option to show all files ls -lad */ => not working :confused: ls -la | grep "^d" => works But I would like to know why I can't use ls -lad... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: servus
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Open a data format file?

Hi, Am having a file. I checked that file format by the following command file filename Output is filename: data So the file is data format file Am trying to view that file so i have used some commands like cat,more so on but it showing the contents like compressed form(full of Symbols). How... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tar to decompress and to convert file to .dat format

tar -tvf abc.tar.gz gives me the file name abc.Is it possible to rename the file to abc.dat while decompressing using tar ? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedanta
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format change in UNIX .dat file

Hi, I need help to convert the date format in .DAT file in unix. I want to convert 10@@|SWIFT MT568 Extract@@|Apr 14 2014 5:47:52:563PM@@|Apr 14 2014 4:33:47:663PM@@||##| into 10@@|SWIFT MT568 Extract@@|04/14/2014/ 5:47:52:563PM@@|04/14/2014 4:33:47:663PM@@||##| Appreciate... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikengox
18 Replies

7. Programming

Python Results Converted To C Struct Header File

I created python code that produce output in the form of: moses-red-sea=1.00.03 genesis-snake=2.03 deliverance=5.0.010 I need to take this output and create a "C" header file and have it look like this: struct { char *name; char *fixed_version; } filename_versions... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use 'ls' command to list files like *.dat, not *.*.dat?

How to use 'ls' command to list files like *.dat, not *.*.dat (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmcginni777
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync - how to copy hidden folder or hidden files when using full path

Hello. I use this command : rsync -av --include=".*" --dry-run "$A_FULL_PATH_S" "$A_FULL_PATH_D"The data comes from the output of a find command. And no full source directories are in use, only some files. Source example... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
IO::AtomicFile(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 IO::AtomicFile(3)

NAME
IO::AtomicFile - write a file which is updated atomically SYNOPSIS
use IO::AtomicFile; ### Write a temp file, and have it install itself when closed: my $FH = IO::AtomicFile->open("bar.dat", "w"); print $FH "Hello! "; $FH->close || die "couldn't install atomic file: $!"; ### Write a temp file, but delete it before it gets installed: my $FH = IO::AtomicFile->open("bar.dat", "w"); print $FH "Hello! "; $FH->delete; ### Write a temp file, but neither install it nor delete it: my $FH = IO::AtomicFile->open("bar.dat", "w"); print $FH "Hello! "; $FH->detach; DESCRIPTION
This module is intended for people who need to update files reliably in the face of unexpected program termination. For example, you generally don't want to be halfway in the middle of writing /etc/passwd and have your program terminate! Even the act of writing a single scalar to a filehandle is not atomic. But this module gives you true atomic updates, via rename(). When you open a file /foo/bar.dat via this module, you are actually opening a temporary file /foo/bar.dat..TMP, and writing your output there. The act of closing this file (either explicitly via close(), or implicitly via the destruction of the object) will cause rename() to be called... therefore, from the point of view of the outside world, the file's contents are updated in a single time quantum. To ensure that problems do not go undetected, the "close" method done by the destructor will raise a fatal exception if the rename() fails. The explicit close() just returns undef. You can also decide at any point to trash the file you've been building. AUTHOR
Primary Maintainer David F. Skoll (dfs@roaringpenguin.com). Original Author Eryq (eryq@zeegee.com). President, ZeeGee Software Inc (http://www.zeegee.com). REVISION
$Revision: 1.2 $ perl v5.18.2 2005-02-10 IO::AtomicFile(3)