Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VMware Hyper-V conversion
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions VMware Hyper-V conversion Post 302979622 by vikingcd on Wednesday 17th of August 2016 03:59:37 AM
Old 08-17-2016
I am sorry if I have broken any formatting rules. I thought I would copy and paste my code and stick to the original format to keep things as structured as possible.

"Shell Programming and Scripting" seemed to be a good fit. Didn't know that Shell Programming using Unix was all that different from Window's PowerShell. I will make sure to ask my question elsewhere.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris Sparc5 and connecting with a PC via Hyper terminal

I am trying to connect to a sparc5 with my PC via a null modem cable from serial port to serial port. I do not have a sun monitor so I am trying to use my PC. I am unsuccessful in even making the basic connection to the sparc box. Any ideas on how to work around this? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrian
7 Replies

2. Linux

Linux Hyper-thread support?

Hello all, I'm looking in to building a Redhat/Windows machine for myself and was wondering if Redhat linux support 800Mhz front side bus speed or hyper-thread? If so would I have to recompile the kernel to enable this feature? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Server Hyper Terminal

Anyone know how to connect to a sun server using serial cable my client PC is also a Sun !!! I have the cable , just do not know how to start a terminal session in Sun . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: civic2005
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red hat --- hyper term?

Can some one help me? I have been used to using XP, but now I really want to learn more about unix etc. So the problem is i've been using Hyperterm to connect Serial / Console to a cisco 2501. I used to run Hyper term then switch on the router and i would be able to to talk. What do I use in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rivers1980
1 Replies

5. SCO

SCO 5.0.6 or 5.0.7V Hyper-V vs. ESX performance

Hi all. I am at a client currently using SCO Unix 5.0.6 as a guest in a VMWare ESX hosted environment. We are moving to Hyper-V for reasons I will not detail. Our initial design to avoid complexities with porting the applications to 5.0.7V were successful in function using nested hypervisors. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghodgins
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solairs 11 Hyper V

Hola, First time i'm doing this so apologies if i ask something daft. I've a host windows 2008R2 server which is running hyper-v. I have created a virtual machine and installed Solaris 11. I'm trying to configure the network settings so that I can access the internet and run 'pkg install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbajtr
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem connecting FreeBSD VM(Hyper-v) to internet

I created a VM for FreeBSD on hyper-v and i am having trouble connecting it to the internet. My virtual machine config are as below: 100 GB HD 1GB RAM Generation 1 Two Network adapters 1. Legacy Network Adapter 2. Network Adapter both are connected to network switch "Internet" which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishawdeep
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

VMware Hyper-V conversion

Hi there! I am trying to work out an automated conversion mechanism migrating VMware to Hyper-V Vhd. I have been told that the best way to do so would be writing a PowerShell script and using Microsoft's MvmcCmdlet collection. However, my experience with PowerShell is fairly limited. This is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikingcd
2 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Source(3pm)		 Perl Programmers Reference Guide	    CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Source(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Source - read in CPANPLUS commands SYNOPSIS
CPAN Terminal> /source /tmp/list_of_commands /tmp/more_commands DESCRIPTION
This is a "CPANPLUS::Shell::Default" plugin that works just like your unix shells source(1) command; it reads in a file that has commands in it to execute, and then executes them. A sample file might look like this: # first, update all the source files x --update_source # find all of my modules that are on the CPAN # test them, and store the error log a ^KANE$' t * p /home/kane/cpan-autotest/log # and inform us we're good to go ! print "Autotest complete, log stored; please enter your commands!" Note how empty lines, and lines starting with a '#' are being skipped in the execution. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell, cpanp perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Source(3pm)