Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Unable to receive mails from email relay server Post 302975312 by anaigini45 on Friday 10th of June 2016 10:47:51 PM
Old 06-10-2016
Mail server issue reoccurred

The mail server issue has reoccurred, however this time, all the mailbox servers are affected. There are about 10 - 12 mailbox servers which are not sending emails out.

The email relay server is also included here.

The email relay server is not pingable from the affected servers, but they are pingable from the jumpbox which is used to access these mailbox servers.

From the logs (mail.log) that I have checked from one of the servers, it shows "Connection timed out" error to the email relay server.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Steps to configure sendmail to receive e-mails

Hi Unix Gurus, Please help me out here. Please tell me the steps to conigure sendmail to receive emails (same way we configure outlook client in windows)? Thanks in advance. -Dejavu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DejaVu
1 Replies

2. AIX

Unable to receive mails

Hi, can any one help as i am unable to receive mail to outlook mail box from aix box. Kindly help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: richajoy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Receive Mails

Hi All, I am writing one script to automate one long process. In this process we need to upload some input files and download some output files. So , I want to automate this upload and download by using mail functionality. I want to trigger this script when I am sending mail to server. I know... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NirajThakar
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

postfix config: how to relay mails for only one user of a certain domain

Hello there, First of all I tell you that this is my first postfix installation so please be patient... I have following scenario: fetchmail --> postfix --> amavis-new --> postfix --> exchange 2010. Everything -except exchange ;-)- runs on an opensuse 12.1 box. Now, I have a list of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lpacor
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Hello there, First of all I tell you that this is my first postfix installation so please be patient... I have following scenario: fetchmail --> postfix --> amavis-new --> postfix --> exchange 2010. Everything -except exchange ;-)- runs on an opensuse 12.1 box. Now, I have a list of... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hello there, First of all I tell you that this is my first postfix installation so please be patient... I have following scenario: fetchmail --> postfix --> amavis-new --> postfix --> exchange 2010. Everything -except exchange ;-)- runs on an opensuse 12.1 box. Now, I have a list of... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to receive mails in unix .....

HI experts, By using mailx command i can send mails to any email id. and my DNS is like oper@xyz.com ..... but if someone replied to the mail sent earlier using mailx command. then how to recieve or view that mail ... Is dre any command to do the same ... Im working on some project and got... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitknit
7 Replies
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop(3)

NAME
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop - perform SpamCop reporting of messages SYNOPSIS
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop DESCRIPTION
SpamCop is a service for reporting spam. SpamCop determines the origin of unwanted email and reports it to the relevant Internet service providers. By reporting spam, you have a positive impact on the problem. Reporting unsolicited email also helps feed spam filtering systems, including, but not limited to, the SpamCop blacklist used in SpamAssassin as a DNSBL. Note that spam reports sent by this plugin to SpamCop each include the entire spam message. See http://www.spamcop.net/ for more information about SpamCop. USER OPTIONS
spamcop_from_address user@example.com (default: none) This address is used during manual reports to SpamCop as the From: address. You can use your normal email address. If this is not set, a guess will be used as the From: address in SpamCop reports. spamcop_to_address user@example.com (default: generic reporting address) Your customized SpamCop report submission address. You need to obtain this address by registering at "http://www.spamcop.net/". If this is not set, SpamCop reports will go to a generic reporting address for SpamAssassin users and your reports will probably have less weight in the SpamCop system. spamcop_max_report_size (default: 50) Messages larger than this size (in kilobytes) will be truncated in report messages sent to SpamCop. The default setting is the maximum size that SpamCop will accept at the time of release. perl v5.16.3 2011-06-06 Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop(3)