Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX installation and setup bootdisk Post 302969588 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 24th of March 2016 08:41:35 AM
Old 03-24-2016
Sorry, I managed to do it once, but this is sooo long ago.
I remember had to visit the HP support Web, but my URL is outdated.
Maybe the following note is helpful:
Code:
If boot config is lost:

Shell> fs0:
fs0:> hpux

and system will boot

xxxxx001.domain:
Aug 10 17:08:15 xxxxx001 vmunix: 0/0/2/0.0.0.0 sdisk
Aug 10 17:08:15 xxxxx001 vmunix: 0/1/1/0.0.0 sdisk
Aug 10 17:08:15 xxxxx001 vmunix: 0/1/1/0.1.0 sdisk
setboot
Primary bootpath : 0/0/2/0.0.0.0
HA Alternate bootpath : 0/1/2/0
Alternate bootpath : 0/1/2/1

Autoboot is ON (enabled)

lvlnboot -v
        /dev/dsk/c2t1d0 (0/1/1/0.1.0) -- Boot Disk
        /dev/dsk/c2t0d0 (0/1/1/0.0.0) -- Boot Disk

set bootpath to THIS.

Last edited by MadeInGermany; 03-25-2016 at 04:43 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bootdisk for Sun Solaris?

where is the bootdisk for Sun Solaris 8 located? Is it on the install CD because i dont see a bootdisk image file or RAWRITE anywhere. I am really new to pure Unix (I've used Linux for a little while) and need help badly. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fuji250
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create a bootdisk for Xandros

create a bootdisk for Xandros Hi, The bootdisk that comes with xandros linux is not useable for me. I need aha152x support, otherwise i can't access my cdrom at installation time. Can anybody help me buid a custom xandros bootdisk with aha152x support. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

3. Linux

create rootvg bootdisk

Hello, does anyone know how I can create a boot dvd with my fedora installation .... ie I am attempting to build a system identical to another production server so want to copy all files to cd and build the new system from that cd ,,, any ideas? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlawren
2 Replies

4. SCO

Searching for Unix bootdisk

Hello. I need to reinstall my Unix Open Server Release: 5 on my Compaq proliant 800, but, my floppy bootdisk Release:5.0.4 is bad. Where can I download that version. That release of Unix is no longer supported by SCO. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junior Rod
4 Replies

5. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

installation question / vnc setup

hi, i am a new fedora9 user. i always confused about the usage of rpm and hope someone may clarify along with the VNC setup. let me use vnc installation as an example. I downloaded vnc rpm package from the official web site and it was automatically saved to /home/henry .. ok then i cd to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k2k
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

DNS resolvers setup/installation ?

Hi all ! A basic but a tricky question though http://e1h7.simplecdn.net/lqcdn/images/questions/images/smilies/smile.gif] Ok, here it goes, we all use DNS resolvers on our servers, local machine, etc. They are necessary for resolving the domain names, etc. OpenDNS is one of the free DNS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: virusnet
2 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)                     systemd-machine-id-commit.service                    SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-commit.service - Commit a transient machine ID to disk SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-commit.service DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-commit.service is an early boot service responsible for committing transient /etc/machine-id files to a writable disk file system. See machine-id(5) for more information about machine IDs. This service is started after local-fs.target in case /etc/machine-id is a mount point of its own (usually from a memory file system such as "tmpfs") and /etc is writable. The service will invoke systemd-machine-id-setup --commit, which writes the current transient machine ID to disk and unmount the /etc/machine-id file in a race-free manner to ensure that file is always valid and accessible for other processes. See systemd-machine-id-setup(1) for details. The main use case of this service are systems where /etc/machine-id is read-only and initially not initialized. In this case, the system manager will generate a transient machine ID file on a memory file system, and mount it over /etc/machine-id, during the early boot phase. This service is then invoked in a later boot phase, as soon as /etc has been remounted writable and the ID may thus be committed to disk to make it permanent. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-machine-id-setup(1), machine-id(5), systemd-firstboot(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)