Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Files to open at one stretch
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Files to open at one stretch Post 302964901 by Maddy123 on Wednesday 20th of January 2016 09:58:56 PM
Old 01-20-2016
Files to open at one stretch

Hi,

There is a folder which has about 20 text files in it. As I want to view all files inside folder everyday which I feel is tedious for me to open file one by one.
Is there any way that all files can be opened at one stretch?

Regards,
Maddy

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

open ASCII files

Anyone knows how to open an ASCII file by using C Thanks :D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wing m. Cheng
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

too many files open and questions

Hi all, Presently I'm using a 3pp that uses fopen to open files and I encounter this problem of too many files open when it is trying to open a file. My application is done in java which interfaces with this 3pp. When I instantiate this 3pp it loads up some files but it is pops up the error... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmcanth
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Too Many files open

Hi , We are using a Tool which runs on Unix Server. Have a Event which have some join operation and tries to open files depending on the join operation. So get the error config/variants/orcl6/partitions/ml6/data/ap_PCardMap.csv (Too many open files) Can someone please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashank_recj
3 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Open Files for a process

I am having a client/server application which will download files from server. If server has directories, it will create directories/sub directories and then download files. In this process, I observed that number of open files are more than 400 (which is approxmately same as number of dir/subdir... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satyam90
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to open RAR files?

May be this is a newbie question but i want to know hoe to open the RAR file in linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashok.g
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

open files

I want to open a file and edit it using vi However, i dont want to open directories or binary files. how can i do this? Right now it opens all files without caring echo "please enter a file to edit in Vi" read file if then (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: icelated
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flagging Open Files

A quick breakdown of my situation: I have 2 servers running OS 10.7, one in the US, the other in China. A folder is being synchronized via EMC's "Syncplicity". Here is my problem- When we open an Excel spreadsheet on one server, Syncplicity does not sync over the temporary file that Excel... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Process to use open files

I would like to test open files usage in my system, if I want to create a process ( or script ) that can use a certain amount ( eg. 1000 ) of open files , is it possible to create such process ( or script ) ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk (Too many open files)

Hi Team, This is my first post, hope I am doing it right. I have a large file, like 6 GB. Its a proxy file so vendor requested to change username from logs for saving the confidentiality of the user. This is the script I created (With the help of Google): awk '{ tmp="echo " $5 " |... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tealc
12 Replies