Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO USB Printing for SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7 Post 302960878 by Transpower on Friday 20th of November 2015 04:31:58 PM
Old 11-20-2015
USB Printing for SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7

Years ago I set up USB printing for SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7 for a client--but I've misplaced my notes on how to do this! Maintenance Pack 5 is installed. I need step-by-step instructions to proceed. I've searched the SCO Knowledge Base site and found nothing there or elsewhere on the Web.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sco Unix OpenServer Release 3.0

hi everybody I have got a set of sco unix open server release 3.0 flopyy disks series N1, N2, M1, P1...P43, Release notes.. ý did a fresh installation. but ý cant install ethernet card. when ý use netconfig-ad a chain -tcpip... there is a messge : the sco contain TCP/IP driver. and ý... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaygusuz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Books for administration in Unix SCO OpenServer Release 5

Hi, I am a new user to the Server SCO OpenServer(TM) Release 5. Could you please advise any books for me to have a comprehensive view of how to administrate this Unix server. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogercko
1 Replies

3. SCO

in sco unix 5.0.6 ,can i use the USB?

I have a USB,can i use it in the sco unix 5.0.6? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fresh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix printing : jobs hangs in queue - printing via lp versus hpnpf

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name (hostname and ipadres are in /etc/hosts). This is the configuration file : Code: root@sco1 # cat configurationBanner: on:AlwaysContent types: simpleDevice:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
0 Replies

5. SCO

SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7 on Gigabyte GA-X58A-OC Motherboard

Does anyone here have experience with running SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7 on the Gigabyte GA-X58A-OC motherboard? Are there any problems? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Transpower
2 Replies

6. SCO

Subverison in Sco unix openserver 5.0.7

Hi everybody I'm going to install svn client in sco unix openserver 5.0.7 where should I start ? I have no Idea what to do ? tnx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
3 Replies

7. SCO

SCO Unix OpenServer 5.0.5 Media Kit

My client has lost the SCO OS 5.0.5 install media. However, they do have a working SCO 5.0.5 system, but is crumbling apart. Where can I find the SCO OS 5.0.5 install media? Or can I get a copy of the SCO CD as a ISO file? Your help is much appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chedlee88-1
7 Replies

8. SCO

ESATA on SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7

Has anyone here used eSATA drives on SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7? SCSI host adapters and drives are getting harder to find, so I'm thinking about eventually switching to eSATA, but only, of course, if they will work with OpenServer. (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. SCO

Usb Flash in SCO UNIX 5.0.6

hi How can I use my USB Flash memory in Sco 5.0.6 tanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moein.mojtaba
1 Replies

10. SCO

Any Other Browser for SCO UNIX OpenServer?

Obviously, the client browsers which came with SCO UNIX OpenServer, Netscape and Mozilla, are horribly outdated now. Does anyone know of a relatively current browser which will work in their place? (2 Replies)
2 Replies
CPANPLUS::Dist::Base(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				 CPANPLUS::Dist::Base(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Dist::Base - Base class for custom distribution classes SYNOPSIS
package CPANPLUS::Dist::MY_IMPLEMENTATION use base 'CPANPLUS::Dist::Base'; sub prepare { my $dist = shift; ### do the 'standard' things $dist->SUPER::prepare( @_ ) or return; ### do MY_IMPLEMENTATION specific things ... ### don't forget to set the status! return $dist->status->prepared( $SUCCESS ? 1 : 0 ); } DESCRIPTION
CPANPLUS::Dist::Base functions as a base class for all custom distribution implementations. It does all the mundane work CPANPLUS would have done without a custom distribution, so you can override just the parts you need to make your own implementation work. FLOW
Below is a brief outline when and in which order methods in this class are called: $Class->format_available; # can we use this class on this system? $dist->init; # set up custom accessors, etc $dist->prepare; # find/write meta information $dist->create; # write the distribution file $dist->install; # install the distribution file $dist->uninstall; # remove the distribution (OPTIONAL) METHODS
@subs = $Class->methods Returns a list of methods that this class implements that you can override. $bool = $Class->format_available This method is called when someone requests a module to be installed via the superclass. This gives you the opportunity to check if all the needed requirements to build and install this distribution have been met. For example, you might need a command line program, or a certain perl module installed to do your job. Now is the time to check. Simply return true if the request can proceed and false if it can not. The "CPANPLUS::Dist::Base" implementation always returns true. $bool = $dist->init This method is called just after the new dist object is set up and before the "prepare" method is called. This is the time to set up the object so it can be used with your class. For example, you might want to add extra accessors to the "status" object, which you might do as follows: $dist->status->mk_accessors( qw[my_implementation_accessor] ); The "status" object is implemented as an instance of the "Object::Accessor" class. Please refer to its documentation for details. Return true if the initialization was successful, and false if it was not. The "CPANPLUS::Dist::Base" implementation does not alter your object and always returns true. $bool = $dist->prepare This runs the preparation step of your distribution. This step is meant to set up the environment so the "create" step can create the actual distribution(file). A "prepare" call in the standard "ExtUtils::MakeMaker" distribution would, for example, run "perl Makefile.PL" to find the dependencies for a distribution. For a "debian" distribution, this is where you would write all the metafiles required for the "dpkg-*" tools. The "CPANPLUS::Dist::Base" implementation simply calls the underlying distribution class (Typically "CPANPLUS::Dist::MM" or "CPANPLUS::Dist::Build"). Sets "$dist->status->prepared" to the return value of this function. If you override this method, you should make sure to set this value. $bool = $dist->create This runs the creation step of your distribution. This step is meant to follow up on the "prepare" call, that set up your environment so the "create" step can create the actual distribution(file). A "create" call in the standard "ExtUtils::MakeMaker" distribution would, for example, run "make" and "make test" to build and test a distribution. For a "debian" distribution, this is where you would create the actual ".deb" file using "dpkg". The "CPANPLUS::Dist::Base" implementation simply calls the underlying distribution class (Typically "CPANPLUS::Dist::MM" or "CPANPLUS::Dist::Build"). Sets "$dist->status->dist" to the location of the created distribution. If you override this method, you should make sure to set this value. Sets "$dist->status->created" to the return value of this function. If you override this method, you should make sure to set this value. $bool = $dist->install This runs the install step of your distribution. This step is meant to follow up on the "create" call, which prepared a distribution(file) to install. A "create" call in the standard "ExtUtils::MakeMaker" distribution would, for example, run "make install" to copy the distribution files to their final destination. For a "debian" distribution, this is where you would run "dpkg --install" on the created ".deb" file. The "CPANPLUS::Dist::Base" implementation simply calls the underlying distribution class (Typically "CPANPLUS::Dist::MM" or "CPANPLUS::Dist::Build"). Sets "$dist->status->installed" to the return value of this function. If you override this method, you should make sure to set this value. $bool = $dist->uninstall This runs the uninstall step of your distribution. This step is meant to remove the distribution from the file system. A "uninstall" call in the standard "ExtUtils::MakeMaker" distribution would, for example, run "make uninstall" to remove the distribution files the file system. For a "debian" distribution, this is where you would run "dpkg --uninstall PACKAGE". The "CPANPLUS::Dist::Base" implementation simply calls the underlying distribution class (Typically "CPANPLUS::Dist::MM" or "CPANPLUS::Dist::Build"). Sets "$dist->status->uninstalled" to the return value of this function. If you override this method, you should make sure to set this value. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 CPANPLUS::Dist::Base(3pm)