Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO Openserver 6 Console Display Problem Post 302960542 by jgt on Monday 16th of November 2015 03:49:54 PM
Old 11-16-2015
Install mp4 using the graphical interface, add the following lines.
To /etc/default/boot
Code:
console_video=vga

and to /etc/default/profile
Code:
stty ispeed=38400 ospeed=38400

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help For SCO OpenServer

I've just installed Unix SCO OpenServer System v in an Intel PC and Everithing ok, except just one thing, in the begining of the installation the wizard asked me about the mouse , i have a generic 3 buttons mouse and i took a logitech and did not work i need to change the mouse configuration, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyvaldes
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO openserver 5 install problem

Hello all, I'm trying to install SCO openserver 5 on a 2.5 Gig hard drive, and I tried fdisk and a low-level format of the drive. When I insert the boot diskette all seems fine, and it asks me to set the cd-rom and it sees it and reads from it. Well, I'm thinking all is well until right after I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: immulett
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO OpenServer Booting Problem

My company has a Compaq NeoServer running SCO OpenServer Release 5 (vintage late 1998) that we inherited from another small company. This has been a very reliable file server for our small company. We recently installed a new Linux server and would like to convert the NeoServer to other functions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jeff Boyce
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RE: login problem with SCO openserver

I am running the beta version of Openserver by SCO and the Graphical login only gives me the option of logging into the system v xwindows and I know that this build included KDE 3.3 I have tried the kde kdm command at shell prompt: command not found. Any ideas anyone? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coreykirk
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 5.0.7 Hung process problem

Hi guys I installed this new server with 5.0.7 openserver and i'm getting a lot of this process, if a stop and restart the printer spooler they go away but after a few minutes they appear again.This is how it looks like. root 372 615 0 - - 00:00:00 <defunct> root ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

6. SCO

sco openserver 5.07 installation problem

Hi everyone, We r installing sco openserver 5.07 on dell poweredge 2800 but we are facing problem when installing SCSI-raid drivers. Dell provide Perc4 raid card and we dont found raid drivers for this specific raid card. So we r stuck up on primary stage and we also dont know the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mineshkoli
2 Replies

7. SCO

SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 Installation problem

we are installing Openserver 5.0.7, system have SAS controller (Hard Disk Attached) as well as Adaptec ultra 320 controller (Tape Drive Attached). At the time of installation we link both driver BTLD Boot: Defbootstr link=accraid ad320 Aftes succesfully installation of accraid btld... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hafizurr
6 Replies

8. SCO

SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 Installation problem on HP ML310 G4

can not for the life of me workout which BTLD to load allways shows no HDD available can any one give me a clue tried hpsas aacraid lsil a160 a320 server is a ML310 G4 ?????:confused::confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wildginger
7 Replies

9. SCO

Problem with installing SCO openserver 5.0.5 on IBM Lenovo R61

Hi I m trying to install SCo 5.0.5 on my laptop but it fails, I was able to install it on another computer and it did work, but with this IBM LENOVO R61 Laptop, it is giving me the message Memory error loading kernel, I searched the net concerning this issue and found that i have to write this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashar_smeirat
1 Replies

10. SCO

SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 Problem

I am currently having a problem with my SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 / 3.2v5.0.5 system. Running smoothly for the past 3 years, at random on March 16, 2010 the system crashes. I reboot it. Everything is normal again. 9 hours later it crashes again. This cycle has repeated itself ever since then. System... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesmith
2 Replies
sttyv6(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						 sttyv6(7)

NAME
sttyv6: stty - terminal interface for Version 6/PWB compatibility DESCRIPTION
These routines attempt to map the UNIX Time-Sharing System, Sixth Edition (Version 6), and PWB stty and gtty calls into the current ioctls that perform the same functions. The mapping cannot be perfect. The way the features are translated is described below. The reader should be familiar with before studying this entry. The following data structure is defined in the include file struct sgttyb { char sg_ispeed; /* input speed */ char sg_ospeed; /* output speed */ char sg_erase; /* erase character */ char sg_kill; /* kill character */ int sg_flags; /* mode flags */ } The flags, as defined in sgtty.h, are: define HUPCL define XTABS define LCASE define ECHO define CRMOD define RAW define ODDP define EVENP define ANYP define NLDELAY define TBDELAY define CRDELAY define VTDELAY define BSDELAY define CR0 define CR1 define CR2 define CR3 define NL0 define NL1 define NL2 define NL3 define TAB0 define TAB1 define NOAL define FF0 define FF1 define BS0 define BS1 When the command (ioctl is executed, the flags in the old structure are mapped into their new equivalents in the structure. Then the com- mand is executed. The following table shows the mapping between the old flags and the current flags. Note that flags contained in the structure that are not mentioned below are cleared. HUPCL (if set) sets the termio HUPCL flag; HUPCL (if clear) clears the termio HUPCL flag; XTABS (if set) sets the termio TAB3 flag; XTABS (if clear) clears the termio TAB3 flag; TBDELAY (if set) sets the termio TAB1 flag; TBDELAY (if clear) clears the termio TAB1 flag; LCASE (if set) sets the termio IUCLC, OLCUC, and XCASE flags; LCASE (if clear) clears the termio IUCLC, OLCUC, and XCASE flags; ECHO (if set) sets the termio ECHO flag; ECHO (if clear) clears the termio ECHO flag; NOAL (if set) sets the termio ECHOK flag; NOAL (if clear) clears the termio ECHOK flag; CRMOD (if set) sets the termio ICRNL and ONLCR flags; also, if CR1 is set, the termio CR1 flag is set, and if CR2 is set, the termio ONOCR and CR2 flags are set; CRMOD (if clear) sets the termio ONLRET flag; also, if NL1 is set, the termio CR1 flag is set, and if NL2 is set, the termio CR2 flag is set; RAW (if set) sets the termio CS8 flag, and clears the termio ICRNL and IUCLC flags; also, default values of 6 characters and 0.1 seconds are assigned to MIN and TIME, respectively; RAW (if clear) sets the termio BRKINT, IGNPAR, ISTRIP, IXON, IXANY, OPOST, CS7, PARENB, ICANON, and ISIG flags; also, the default values control-D and null are assigned to the control characters EOF and EOL, respectively; ODDP (if set) if EVENP is also set, clears the termio INPCK flag; otherwise, sets the termio PARODD flag; VTDELAY (if set) sets the termio FFDLY flag; VTDELAY (if clear) clears the termio FFDLY flag; BSDELAY (if set) sets the termio BSDLY flag; BSDELAY (if clear) clears the termio BSDLY flag. In addition, the CREAD bit is set, and, if the baud rate is 110, the CSTOPB bit is set. When using the ispeed entry in the structure is mapped into the appropriate speed in the CBAUD field. The erase and kill entries are mapped into the erase and kill characters. When the (ioctl command is executed, the command is first executed. The resulting structure is then mapped into the structure, which is then returned to the user. The following table shows how the flags are mapped into the old structure. Note that all flags contained in the structure that are not mentioned below are cleared. HUPCL (if set) sets the sgttyb HUPCL flag; HUPCL (if clear) clears the sgttyb HUPCL flag; ICANON (if set) sets the sgttyb RAW flag; ICANON (if clear) clears the sgttyb RAW flag; XCASE (if set) sets the sgttyb LCASE flag; XCASE (if clear) clears the sgttyb LCASE flag; ECHO (if set) sets the sgttyb ECHO flag; ECHO (if clear) clears the sgttyb ECHO flag; ECHOK (if set) sets the sgttyb NOAL flag; ECHOK (if clear) clears the sgttyb NOAL flag; PARODD (if set) sets the sgttyb ODDP flag; PARODD (if clear) clears the sgttyb ODDP flag; INPCK (if set) sets the sgttyb EVENP flag; PARODD, INPCK (if both clear) sets the sgttyb ODDP and EVENP flags; ONLCR (if set) sets the sgttyb CRMOD flag; also, if CR1 is set, the sgttyb CR1 flag is set, and if CR2 is set, the sgttyb CR2 flag is set; ONLCR (if clear) if CR1 is set, the sgttyb NL1 flag is set, and if CR2 is set, the sgttyb NL2 flag is set; TAB3 (if set) sets the sgttyb XTABS flag; TAB3 (if clear) clears the sgttyb XTABS flag; TAB1 (if set) sets the sgttyb TBDELAY flag; TAB1 (if clear) clears the sgttyb TBDELAY flag; FFDLY (if set) sets the sgttyb VTDELAY flag; FFDLY (if clear) clears the sgttyb VTDELAY flag; BSDLY (if set) sets the sgttyb BSDELAY flag; BSDLY (if clear) clears the sgttyb BSDELAY flag. When using the CBAUD field is mapped into the ispeed and ospeed entries of the structure. Also, the erase and kill characters are mapped into the erase and kill entries. Note that, since there is not a one-to-one mapping between the and structures, unexpected results may occur when using the older and calls. Thus, the and calls should be replaced in all future code by the current equivalents, and respectively. WARNINGS
These facilities are included to aid in conversion of old programs, and should not be used in new code. Use the interface described in Note that these conversions do work for programs ported from UNIX Time-Sharing System, Seventh Edition (Version 7), because some V7 flags are defined differently. SEE ALSO
stty(2), termio(7). sttyv6(7)