Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD How to install Ultrix 4.2 on Qemu? Post 302944949 by lucky7456969 on Sunday 24th of May 2015 10:05:20 AM
Old 05-24-2015
I notice that there is an alpha emulator which comes along with qemu as well. If no mips, can I use the alpha emulator instead. My goal is to get the OS running? Let me try it.. thanks for your information.

Update: If I switch to 4.5, which emulator(s) should I be using? qemu-system-mips -L . -m 64 rootdisk.img Still didn't work
It used to work on gxemul with cygwin display exported. But I don't count on the X Server of cygwin anymore, I
want it to run standalone using qemu..
THANKS
Jack

Last edited by lucky7456969; 05-25-2015 at 02:10 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to lucky7456969 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to password recovery on Ultrix

I got myself a dec 5100 running ultrix with unknow password, how do i recover or change the root password on it? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cybermike
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anyone ever used qemu and networked it ?

hi i got a virtual linux machine running on qemu my problem is connecting it to the internet im a bit confused weather i have to make a virtual network card in qemu and than tun tap it? can anyone thats done it before help me out? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: russian460
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

QEMU not booting my image

hello all, I have been trying to boot an image (.IMG) using qemu, for quite some time now and i can't seem to get it to work. I've been able to boot from the Windows XP CD, the Debian iso image, etc, so I know qemu is configured properly and is working. But when it come to booting an image that I... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: neur0n
34 Replies

4. Programming

Qemu + gdb

Hi, I got: host machine: RedHat (RHEL6) virtual machine: RedHat (RHEL6) I run (on host machine): qemu-system-x86_64 ...... -S -s after that i run (on host machine): gdb target remote localhost:1234 set architecture i386:x86-64 and then i can use (on host machine) 'ctrl + c' to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
2 Replies

5. AIX

IBM AIX and QEMU Emulator?

Hi friends, I am a UNIX lover. I have tried several unix flavors including linux, solaris(x86) and FreeBSD, all these are the unices which can be installed on x86 hardware. Now to use the IBM AIX, I searched and googled alot, finally I came across QEME, which emulates the PowerPC platorm to turn... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
9 Replies

6. Programming

Running c code in ARM QEMU

I created and Compiled a C program to run in QEMU for ARM. When I run the program using the command #qemu-arm -L /home/arm-2010.09/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc ./test it gives me the following error: If 'qemu-arm' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

help about qemu-kvm boot with initrd

I used the redhat RHEL6 boot with initrd but it failed, can sb help me # /usr/libexec/qemu-kvm --enable-kvm -smp 8 -m 1024 -net nic,model=virtio -net tap,script=/etc/qemu-ifup -initrd /boot/initramfs-2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64.img -kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64 -append "root=/dev/ram... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Ultrix] /etc/init failed, errno 2

I am running the gxemul software under cygwin, Just when installing the .iso image, I got the error shown in the picture. Any ideas what's happening? Thanks Jack (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
1 Replies

9. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

QEMU performance?

Heyas So, i like doing custom a LiveImage of my OS. Using Redhats kickstart/livecd-creator method. Anyway, so i would like to test the liveimages... AND also, i WOULD like to install FreeBSD, Solaris, or whatever, onto a Virtual Machine. I used to use Oracles Virtualbox, but eversince... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies
qemuctl(1)																qemuctl(1)

NAME
qemuctl - Graphical control for qemu SYNTAX
qemuctl [-suspend-dir <dir>] [-suspend-file <filename>] [-qemu <qemu>] [-nowakeup] qemu-options DESCRIPTION
qemuctl is a gui that controls a qemu process with the built-in monitor of qemu. So you can change devices, suspend machines, save screen- shots, ... If you suspend a machine it will do the following macro: stop screendump "suspend-dir/suspend-file.ppm" savevm "suspend-dir/suspend-file.vm" commit quit You can afterwards resume the machine with: qemuctl -suspend-dir suspend-dir -suspend-file suspend-file your_qemu_options the suspend-files will then be deleted or qemuctl -loadvm suspend-dir/suspend-file.vm your_qemu_options Be aware that you can't use the "-monitor" option with qemuctl, because it needs the control over the monitor. The option "-serial stdio" can't be used, too. OPTIONS
-suspend-file <filename> This option is normaly used by qemuctl to support suspend and wakeup. qemuctl can then find the vm-state-file in its folders and wakeup the virtual machine. If the file is there the qemuctl waes up the virtual machine and deletes the file afterwards. On suspend the vm-state-file is then stored as the <filename> with the .vm ending and the screenshot is stored as the <filename> with the .ppm ending. Default filename is "suspend". -suspend-dir <dir> This is the dir where the suspend files would be stored or expected. Default is current dir. -nowakeup Don't wake up even if the vm-file is there. Suspend still works. Default is to wake up using the vm-file if it is there. -qemu <qemu> The qemu variation to use. It can be qemu or kvm. Default is qemu. qemu-options Use qemu-options for the launch of qemu. See qemu(1) for further details. FILES
none ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
none EXAMPLES
To use the suspend file 'Debian 3.1' and store/search it in the '/qemu' dir: qemuctl -suspend-file "Debian 3.1" -suspend-dir "/qemu" -boot c -hda hda.raw Alternativly you can run it with default suspend filenames: qemuctl -boot c -hda hda.raw AUTHORS
Peter Rustler SEE ALSO
qemu(1) qemu-launcher(1) Peter Rustler 0.0.1 qemuctl(1)