Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Sunfire x4600 M2 NIC replacement Post 302908639 by Rockyc3400 on Wednesday 9th of July 2014 08:25:42 AM
Old 07-09-2014
Duke,

I had requested a check and media team person also says the same(bottom left) port is not blinking and that is the one which needs to be replaced.

But my doubt is that when i went through service manual of this server(could not paste the pictures), it says bottom left is e1000g0 and upper left is e1000g2. So as per your analysis and service manual, e1000g0 should be replaced but the server says e1000g2 is down.
I am totally confused at this stage as to how to proceed also when i hit dladm, it shows 6 devices now from where did the other two come into picture when the server has only four ports.

I am very much afraid and much taking so much clarification because this is a prod and there is no link aggregation.

Rocky

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

console for x4600

Hi, I ;ve a SUN x4600 running solaris 10. I want to connect to the system remotely form console like we can connect to sparc sc or alom .. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
9 Replies

2. Solaris

x4600 iLOM issue

I need to configure the iLOM for x4600 server. before I can set the IP details and commit, I need to set network state should be enabled. However my firmware is already the latest and I need not upgrade. I am not able to set the /SP/network state to enable. pls assist. i BELIEVE the bug was fixed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
5 Replies

3. Solaris

x86 Solaris 10 nic driver added but not attached. NIC is not detected.

I couldn't install my nic in solaris 10. I compiled and added the driver but failed to attach the driver and ifconfig output shows only loopback dev. Please see the following output and tell me whether my nic has been detected and why the driver failed to attach? My nic is detected in linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sunfire X4600 Errors on Bootup

Hi Folks, Has anyone seen these errors on bootup. Mar 15 12:22:30 svc.startd: svc:/system/device/local:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/devices-local" failed due to signal SEGV.ht (c) 1983, 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Configuring devices. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ESSTEAM
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

squid proxy: one NIC for inbound & one NIC for outbound?

I am new in squid proxy. My question is how to (and if it's necessary) to set one NIC for inbound traffic (http requests) and one NIC for outbound traffic (http answers)? Thank you in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

I want to tune NIC's rps, rfs and xps value. which NIC device should I modify.

Dear All I want tune my NIC's rps, rfs and xps value. In my system I have two NIC (eth0, eth1) and I have a bond0 ( eth0, eth1). Here is the question? Which device should I modify ? eth0 and eth1? or just modify bond0 or modify all device (eth0, eth1, bond0) Any advice is welcome.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
0 Replies

7. Solaris

SunFire V240 CPU Heat Sink Replacement

I got a replacement Heatsink and Fan unit, but the OEM unit has the SUN Thermal Interface Material (TIM) already on the heatsink matting surface. Because mine is used it does not have the TIM. Also there are 2 different TIM material SUN used based on the Processor (1-1.28GHz uses a glue backed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danneskjold0809
1 Replies

8. Hardware

Sun X4600 M2 enable Hyperthreading

Booting and checking BIOS there is no option to enable-disable hyperthreading. I have 8 Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 8220 and I see 16 cores. Enable hyperthreading I should have 32 cores. I have red hat 5.4 installed. Anyone know how can enable hypethreading ? I have last BIOS/Firmware... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxtnog
2 Replies

9. Linux

Add two different subnet public IPs to single NIC or two different NIC on same box

Hello Admins, My ask is how can I add two different subnet IPs to same box with two different gateways? The issue is I can connect to the box when I am on ethernet LAN, but I am not able to connect to the same IP when I am on wifi. The server is RHEL 7 VM on vmware. How can I get connected... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies
dladm(1M)																 dladm(1M)

NAME
dladm - configure data-link interfaces SYNOPSIS
dladm show-link [-s [-i interval]] [-p] [name] dladm show-dev [-s [-i interval]] [-p] [dev] dladm create-aggr [-t] [-R root-dir] [-P policy] [-l mode] [-T time] [-u address] -d dev [-d dev] ... key dladm delete-aggr [-t] [-R root-dir] key dladm add-aggr [-t] [-R root-dir] -d dev [-d dev] ... key dladm remove-aggr [-t] [-R root-dir] -d dev [-d dev] ... key dladm modify-aggr [-t] [-R root-dir] [-P policy] [-l mode] [-T time] [-u address] key dladm show-aggr [-L] [-s [-i interval]] [-p] [key] dladm -? The dladm command is used to configure data-links. A configured data-link is represented in the system as a STREAMS DLPI (v2) interface which may be plumbed under protocol stacks such as TCP/IP. Each data-link relies on either a single network device or an aggregation of devices to send packets to or receive packets from a network. The dladm command operates on the following kinds of object: link Data-links, identified by a name aggr Aggregations of network devices, identified by a key dev Network devices, identified by concatenation of a driver name and an instance number Some devices do not support configurable data-links or aggregations. The fixed data-links provided by such devices can be viewed using dladm, but can not be configured. SUBCOMMANDS The following subcommands are supported: show-link Show configuration information for all data-links or the specified data-link. By default, the system is configured to have one data-link for each known network device. show-dev Shows information for all devices or the specified device. create-aggr Creates an aggregation using the given key value from as many dev objects as are specified. A data-link is created by default, and is given a name which is the concatenation of "aggr" and the key value of the aggregation. delete-aggr Deletes the specified aggregation. add-aggr Adds as many dev objects as are specified to the given aggregation. remove-aggr Removes as many dev objects as are specified from the given aggregation. modify-aggr Modifies the parameters of the given aggregation. show-aggr Shows configuration information for all aggregations or the specified aggregation. The following options are supported: -k key --key=key The key of an aggregation. This must be an integer value between 1 and 999. -d dev --dev=dev A device specifier. This must be a concatenation of the name and instance of the driver bound to the device. -P policy --policy=policy Specifies the port selection policy to use for load spreading of outbound traffic. The policy specifies which dev object is used to send packets. A policy consists of a list of one or more layers specifiers separated by commas. A layer specifier is one of the follow- ing: L2 Select outbound device according to source and destination MAC addresses of the packet. L3 Select outbound device according to source and destination IP addresses of the packet. L4 Select outbound device according to the upper layer protocol information contained in the packet. For TCP and UDP, this includes source and destination ports. For IPsec, this includes the SPI (Security Parameters Index.) For example, to use upper layer protocol information, the following policy can be used: -P L4 To use the source and destination MAC addresses as well as the source and destination IP addresses, the following policy can be used: -P L2,L3 -l mode --lacp-mode=mode Specifies whether LACP should be used and, if used, the mode in which it should operate. Legal values are off, active or passive. -T time --lacp-timer=time Specifies the LACP timer value. The legal values are short or long. -u address --unicast=address Specifies a fixed unicast address to be used for the aggregation. If this option is not specified then an address is automatically cho- sen from the set of addresses of the component devices. -L --lacp Specifies whether detailed LACP information should be displayed. -s --statistics Used with the show-link, show-aggr, or show-dev subcommands to show the statistics of data-links, aggregations or devices, respec- tively. -i interval --interval=interval Used with the -s option to specify an interval, in seconds, at which statistics should be displayed. If this option is not specified, statistics will only be displayed once. -t --temporary Specifies that the change is temporary. Temporary changes last until the next reboot. -R root-dir --root-dir=root-dir Specifies an alternate root directory where dladm applies changes. This can be useful in JumpStart scripts, where the root directory of the system being modified is mounted elsewhere. -p --parseable Specifies that configuration information should be displayed in parseable format. -? --help Displays help information. (Stops interpretation of subsequent arguments). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Configuring an aggregation To configure a data-link over an aggregation of devices bge0 and bge1 with key 1, enter the following command: # dladm create-aggr -d bge0 bge1 1 See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: /usr/sbin +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ /sbin +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ifconfig(1M), attributes(5), dlpi(7P) NOTES
The configuration of all objects will persist across reboot. 28 Sep 2005 dladm(1M)